DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Why can't i receive calls when I am writing a text message or reading a text message?

  1. Junior Droid
    carriemn's Avatar
    Member #
    35282
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Why can't i receive calls when I am writing a text message or reading a text message?

    My old phone- the LG Env Touch - allowed this... This is rather annoying. Also, if I am on the internet- it also does not put calls through. Is this just a default in my phone or is this the way it is. This is a huge drawback to the phone.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #2
    You can't be on the internet while talking on the phone like you can on an iPhone...

    But texting and receiving a call shouldn't be an issue at all....sounds like a personal problem....lol

  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    When I get a call no matter what I'm doing the Droid navigates right to the call. Something isn't right here. I'd discuss that with Verizon if I were you.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid
    lovekmats's Avatar
    Member #
    24126
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    Droid!
    #4
    My previous phone was the enV, and I wasn't able to receive calls during a text unless it was the person I was texting (not really sure how that worked), but for the Droid, my calls always come through. :/ Odd
  6. Beta Team
    HolyGrail's Avatar
    Member #
    16136
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    370
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #5
    If you're on wifi you can do this. If your on 3G you can't.
  7. Junior Droid
    carriemn's Avatar
    Member #
    35282
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Hmmm....i'll have to have to stop into Verizon...
  8. Master Droid
    SGTiger's Avatar
    Member #
    2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemn View Post
    My old phone- the LG Env Touch - allowed this... This is rather annoying. Also, if I am on the internet- it also does not put calls through. Is this just a default in my phone or is this the way it is. This is a huge drawback to the phone.
    If you're browsing the internet, Droid WILL put the call through.
  9. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemn View Post
    My old phone- the LG Env Touch - allowed this... This is rather annoying. Also, if I am on the internet- it also does not put calls through. Is this just a default in my phone or is this the way it is. This is a huge drawback to the phone.
    If you're browsing the internet, Droid WILL put the call through.
    Yes you're completely correct about this....what I was saying was you can't be talking to someone and put them on speaker and just hop right on and browse the internet while talking to them like the iPhone can...

  10. Junior Droid
    carriemn's Avatar
    Member #
    35282
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    Well my phone does not put a call through no matter what I am doing. So, obviously there is something wrong...
  11. Droid
    skiahh's Avatar
    Member #
    4883
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    57
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemn View Post
    My old phone- the LG Env Touch - allowed this... This is rather annoying. Also, if I am on the internet- it also does not put calls through. Is this just a default in my phone or is this the way it is. This is a huge drawback to the phone.
    If you're browsing the internet, Droid WILL put the call through.
    Yes you're completely correct about this....what I was saying was you can't be talking to someone and put them on speaker and just hop right on and browse the internet while talking to them like the iPhone can...
    Unless you are browsing via wifi (vs 3G)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Text message app??
    By chrisd56 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 07:57 AM
  2. new text message
    By daniN12 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM
  3. text message?
    By THE FUZZ in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 12:47 PM
  4. Text Message Help
    By BString in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 07:02 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 01:13 PM

Search tags for this page

can you receive calls on textnow

,

how to receive calls on textnow

,
receiving calls on textnow
,
text now can't receive calls
,
text now how to receive calls
,
text now not receiving calls
,
textnow not receiving calls
,

why can't i call on textnow

,
why can't i receive calls on textnow
,

why cant i receive calls on textnow

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+