DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another "Basic Question" Thread

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The DROID
    There's no audio alarm for reminder to view messages/calls pending, but it does have the GREEN LED light that blinks on the top right of the screen.

I kind of miss the beep on my DARE when messages/calls pending, but i guess as a battery saver for long unattended phones, the light works out to be a better indicator.

I know people who've left there phone unattended because they were at the GYM, SWIMMING, MEETINGS, or sleeping, and found upon retrieving their phone the battery was dead or close to being dead.

I don't think its an issue as much as a pet peeve to individuals, people need to change their CELL PHONE HABITS when using The DROID, Hey Look At Your Phone! now you have to be attentive. check the market... there may be a reminder app.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    The initial notification sound, and the green flashing light, work for me. I have had phones that continuously remind you and I HATED IT! SHUT UP ALREADY! If you know that you receive important messages all day, how hard is it to glance at your phone's message light? You have it out a lot anyway texting, emailing, browsing, calling, so IMO very little time goes by where it would not catch your attention.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    the call alert does need to be fix, but in terms of waking the screen, idk what there is to do. if you make it so all you have to do is touch the screen, then every time the screen touches something in you pocket, like your leg, the screen would turn on, not unlocked, but on. and it would kill the battery. if they made it so you only need to press the top button. i could see many scenarios where that button could be pressed by accident, turning your phone on.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    The initial notification sound, and the green flashing light, work for me. I have had phones that continuously remind you and I HATED IT! SHUT UP ALREADY! If you know that you receive important messages all day, how hard is it to glance at your phone's message light? You have it out a lot anyway texting, emailing, browsing, calling, so IMO very little time goes by where it would not catch your attention.
    Heh... That's just the basic Verizon Programming for most of the phones. The ones that didn't have that, to my knowledge, is the Blackberries and Droid.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Manipulator727 View Post
    the call alert does need to be fix, but in terms of waking the screen, idk what there is to do. if you make it so all you have to do is touch the screen, then every time the screen touches something in you pocket, like your leg, the screen would turn on, not unlocked, but on. and it would kill the battery. if they made it so you only need to press the top button. i could see many scenarios where that button could be pressed by accident, turning your phone on.
    That was a problem i had with the DARE, the screen engaged to easily.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    so, this is considered normal? I too am confused if this is the way it's supposed to be. No problems, just unclear.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Also, the green light keeps blinking after I check my messages.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoneGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manipulator727 View Post
    That was a problem i had with the DARE, the screen engaged to easily.
    i had the dare before as well, and sometime i would look down and see the screen on through my pants lol i like the droid the way it is. but i kinda wish if you have messages, that when you unlocked the phone, it would go straight to the notification bar, instead of just home.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I also really wish that touching the screen would wake it up to the swipe pattern, really hope somebody writes an app for it. Until then I'll make do with screenmode widget which bypasses the swipe screen and activates with any button.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid!
    "Missed Reminder" is an app that is useful for this. You can set it to notify you of missed sms, mms & phone calls.

I have missed reminder set to vibrate every 5 minutes if I have an sms or mms that I haven't looked at yet. You can specify the time interval (every 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc). You can also set the sound and vibrate strength as well. It is a great little app.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links