DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: DROID -vs- iPhone

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    msblueline
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2

DROID -vs- iPhone

I had to write this,

I was at my brother-in-law's house last night with his wife and his 13 yr old daughter, watching the superbowl... (31 Saint's - 17 Colt's)

My niece has an iPhone and she has the lightsaber app on it. So, I downloaded it on mine too, from the Market.

We got into a lightsaber fight (iPhone -vs- DROID)

We were standing there in the kitchen just flailing our phones back and forth making the noises of the sabers clinging and clanging. ALL OF THE SUDDEN my DROID flew from my hand and hit the side of the bottom cabinet smashing to the floor (maybe she had the force or something) the phone landed on the ground and pieces flew everywhere...

I then noticed, it was only the battery door and the battery that flew from the phone... Whew!!!
    After I picked my jaw up off the ground, put the battery and battery door back in to their proper places, it fired right up...

All I can say is WOW!!!

If that was her iPhone, she would probably have had a cracked screen.

My phone has a very, very little dent on it where it probably hit the corner of the cabinet. (On the top above the "M" in Motorola above the ear speaker)

I will give them this, EVERYONE gasped when it left my hand, even more so when the pieces started flying.

When it fired back up, she started yelling... I WON I WON... YEAH, I WON...

We went again, but on carpet this time... next to the fireplace...LOL!

I was surprised at how strong this phone really is. I don't want to do it again, but... WOW!!!

Just thought I would share that with you.

msblueline
    msblueline (ms does not stand for Ms., Miss, or Mrs.. It stands for Mississippi.)

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Wow man what a close call!

Although I wouldn't say the iPhone isn't pretty tough either, because one time my ex girlfriend left her iPhone on the roof of the car, and we took off driving. Well she couldn't find it and thought she lost it, we went back to the house to find it laying in the neighbors concrete driveway! It slung close to ten feet off the top of the car as I backed up and whipped it around cause we were late for class...and that thing was completely fine, it had one tiny little scratch on it at the top close to the power button...and that was it. So iPhones are made pretty tough too I've found....

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    right my brother had his with him in iraq and as he says "this thing got blown up 3 times" since thats what happened to their humvee
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    msblueline
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    True! I guess it all depends on how they fall, er, uh... land.

My other niece has an iPhone too, she dropped it and the screen cracked.

I guess she doesn't have to purchase a cracked screen wallpaper... LOL!!!

msblueline
    msblueline (ms does not stand for Ms., Miss, or Mrs.. It stands for Mississippi.)
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid Rooted: BB 950Mhz
    I had a similar incident.. After the super bowl party I'm walking to my bimmer with the girly and i unlocked the door. she entered the car and as i was walking around to the driver side, i stopped.. walked back on the sidewalk casually and commenced this jumping tantrum spaz thing. Not thinking my droid fell out my pocket and proceeded to smash on the concrete with a big crash. I immediately stopped and picked it up..absoluty nothing was wrong with it. no dents no reboot no crack no nothinggg!!! this phone kicks toooo much ass.. Even though I'm girlys slave for a week now (i lost my bet, and thats why i did my tantrum thing =p) i feel better knowing that my phone is some heavy stuff b. =) win!
    HPF Turbo Stage II Kit:17,000$
    Blue Candy Paint Finish: 3,000$
    DrOiD Kickin' it on the dashboard:600$

Watching your ex and her new boyfriend stare at your bimmer as they crash into a tree.....
    PRICELESS
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thats awesome! Glad everything is ok!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MM1 Payne (US Navy) View Post
    I had a similar incident.. After the super bowl party I'm walking to my bimmer with the girly and i unlocked the door. she entered the car and as i was walking around to the driver side, i stopped.. walked back on the sidewalk casually and commenced this jumping tantrum spaz thing. Not thinking my droid fell out my pocket and proceeded to smash on the concrete with a big crash. I immediately stopped and picked it up..absoluty nothing was wrong with it. no dents no reboot no crack no nothinggg!!! this phone kicks toooo much ass.. Even though I'm girlys slave for a week now (i lost my bet, and thats why i did my tantrum thing =p) i feel better knowing that my phone is some heavy stuff b. =) win!
    Wish I had that luck! My Droid fell out of my pocket onto my driveway . . . dents and scrapes all around the sides of the screen and multiple 1/2" cracks on the screen itself. . . ugh. Wish mine was as tough as some of yours!
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    before I downloaded that app I saw myself throwing it in a sword fight so I didn't download it and saved myself time and pain.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BABY!
    I dropped mine the 2nd day I had it onto a kitchen floor.... It was completely fine, which is good because I about had a heart attack.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    PetRiLJoe
    Phone
    Chevy01's SS 5.4* blue theme.
    I know this isn't a new topic but I wanted to add my story.

I've only dropped my phone on anything that wasn't carpet once, getting out of my truck for work. Man I was pissed... I had been taking care of this thing so well since I first got it. I am impressed with the Droids ability to take a good fall and make it sound so painful =/

Then I remembered my "bodyglove" case was on and checked it out and it's all fine. I was disappointed that the TOP layer where the screen is came off, because it seems to not snap in on the upper left hand corner now. Not sure if it ALWAYS did that or if it was since I dropped it, but it did protect it from the initial fall, so I was okay.

That is a pretty sweet story about iPhone vs Droid light sabers though lol.

Too bad a midget with a Palm light saber application didn't run in there dressed as Yoda and start kicking ass.
    -Joseph

It has been brought to my attention that I don't meet the requirements to post my dropbox referral link in my signature. Also it's against our forum rules...
    So if you're interested, ask me about my Dropbox referral link.

Links