DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what the hell is wrong with my battery?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

what the hell is wrong with my battery?

Hey guys, i know there's a few battery threads already, but I kinda wanted one directly aimed at me. Now why is my battery draining so fast? I have my GPS and WIFI off its running off 3g. I have alot of apps, but there seems to be only 2 programs running in the background IM+ and weather bug. Now I pretty much am forced to charge my phone twice a day. I charged it 100% last night and didnt use it much I woke up it was at 60% battery left (according to my battery monitor.) I thought this thing was supose to have amazing battery. From what it seems like the iphones everybody has have much much better battery life including my ipod touch which I use just as much as my droid if not more and i charge once every 3-4 days.

Let me know guys do i have a defective battery?

Thanks
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by AHB900 View Post
    Hey guys, i know there's a few battery threads already, but I kinda wanted one directly aimed at me. Now why is my battery draining so fast? I have my GPS and WIFI off its running off 3g. I have alot of apps, but there seems to be only 2 programs running in the background IM+ and weather bug. Now I pretty much am forced to charge my phone twice a day. I charged it 100% last night and didnt use it much I woke up it was at 60% battery left (according to my battery monitor.) I thought this thing was supose to have amazing battery. From what it seems like the iphones everybody has have much much better battery life including my ipod touch which I use just as much as my droid if not more and i charge once every 3-4 days.

Let me know guys do i have a defective battery?

Thanks

Screen setting? The screen is by far the number one battery eater. Oh and by the way...I had the Iphone 3GS and it was a lot worse then this. Probably the number one complaint from people with that phone. These large vibrant screens just take a lot of power if you don't throttle them back.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    screen setting? How do I change that? and what exactly am i suppose to change?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Settings then sound and display. Select either auto dim or reduce the screen brightness then also adjust the turn off time. Will be the last two settings. I recommend using the power widget that comes with the phone. You can cycle through screen brightness in 3 stages just be clicking so if you need Max brightness you can click to get it, then when done just click again to go dim. The screen will always use a lot of battery but adjusting these will help. Also, watch out using any cases with magnets. They can trigger car mode and keep you screen on.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto A855, CrackBerry 8830...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post
    Settings then sound and display. Select either auto dim or reduce the screen brightness then also adjust the turn off time. Will be the last two settings. I recommend using the power widget that comes with the phone. You can cycle through screen brightness in 3 stages just be clicking so if you need Max brightness you can click to get it, then when done just click again to go dim. The screen will always use a lot of battery but adjusting these will help. Also, watch out using any cases with magnets. They can trigger car mode and keep you screen on.
    Interesting point, one I didn't consider myself...I had a mag-latch case, and I quit using it...it was semi-stretched out, and there were no cases at the VZW store that day, so I got the hard plastic cover and a screen protector on mine, and in the shirt pocket it goes. Looking for a geeky Pocket Protector-style thing for extra protection. One that it will just slide in while sticking out a little. That reminds me, I gotta replace the tape on the bridge of my glasses...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I charge twice a day go about 6hours. If your battery dies in 4-5 hours then maybe. A problem
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    ..Today is my 1st full day with a Droid I'm gonna leave everything on and see how it goes.

Ill post back this evening with a status report.
    Last edited by garrett; 11-12-2009 at 06:35 AM.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Folks,

I have set my display on really dim, and I don't use tons of apps, and I'm slim on the phone usage as well. My battery lasts about a day and half between charges.

If i let the kids use it to paly games, it goes MUCH faster.

You may have a defective battery. I'm getting great life out of mine.

I did the typical NICAD type thing, charged it up to full, let it drain nearly dead, about 3 times and it is getting better. Not sure if this is what should be done with Li-ion battery, but my battery is doing great.

MP
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid rooted w/BB
    I usually leave for work at around 7:30, that's when my Droid gets off the dock. I don't usually charge it in the morning drive and it lasts me (with a decent amount of texts, gtalk, app install [as of late, I really love this phone], e-mails, Astrid to-do stuff, etc) until I get in my car at night to go home, which is around 5:30 or 6. It really depends on the apps your using. I use Advanced Task-Killer and Locale. Locale's great b/c I set it up so when I'm at work to turn off WiFi and a bunch of other stuff (GPS, since I'm indoors) and I think that helps a lot too. Frankly, I think Locale's the killer app for the Android platform, if you configure it right, but that's a topic for another discussion.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousDingo View Post
    I usually leave for work at around 7:30, that's when my Droid gets off the dock. I don't usually charge it in the morning drive and it lasts me (with a decent amount of texts, gtalk, app install [as of late, I really love this phone], e-mails, Astrid to-do stuff, etc) until I get in my car at night to go home, which is around 5:30 or 6. It really depends on the apps your using. I use Advanced Task-Killer and Locale. Locale's great b/c I set it up so when I'm at work to turn off WiFi and a bunch of other stuff (GPS, since I'm indoors) and I think that helps a lot too. Frankly, I think Locale's the killer app for the Android platform, if you configure it right, but that's a topic for another discussion.
    Hey, what is "Astrid to-do" and I never knew about the "Locale" thing, that is REALLY cool, Er, where is it?

Thanks,

MP
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links