DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Smudgy Droids

  1. Droid
    mattygabe's Avatar
    Member #
    34952
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Samsung Charge SCH-I510
    #1

    Smudgy Droids

    How often do you clean your Droid's (Eris and Moto both) touchscreen due to smudgie finger marks?

    I say this because ever since I bought my Toshiba laptop last year, it has a beautiful gloss black bezel all around the keyboard, but it's been the bane of my existence since I've owned it (some melodrama/sarcasm in there). Seriously though, it gets pretty annoying to have to see all of your oily smudges all the time, and constantly cleaning it to no avail. Is this a problem for the Droid, or for touchscreen phones in general?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    CorvetteAustin24's Avatar
    Member #
    20933
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    382
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    #2
    All touch screens in general. I just stop worry about it. I actually enjoy drawing new designs on the screen with the smudge when I'm bored and don't feel like turning the phone on lol.
  4. Droid Sensei
    unix.punkx's Avatar
    Member #
    3991
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    3,332
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Every once in awhile. Probably once a weekish? I use iKlear only because I work with Apple products all day and works great for almost any device with a screen.

    It's not necessarily an 'issue' it is a touchscreen device so you are bound to get smudges and fingerprints.
  5. Droid
    mattygabe's Avatar
    Member #
    34952
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Samsung Charge SCH-I510
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteAustin24 View Post
    All touch screens in general. I just stop worry about it. I actually enjoy drawing new designs on the screen with the smudge when I'm bored and don't feel like turning the phone on lol.
    Yeah I actually purposefully insulted someone next to me by writing in the smudge on my laptop a couple months back. Alternative communication methods I called it.
  6. Droid Sensei
    unix.punkx's Avatar
    Member #
    3991
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    3,332
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteAustin24 View Post
    All touch screens in general. I just stop worry about it. I actually enjoy drawing new designs on the screen with the smudge when I'm bored and don't feel like turning the phone on lol.
    Hahaha I need to try that approach!
  7. Master Droid
    wil318466's Avatar
    Member #
    3400
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    684
    Liked
    4 times
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mattygabe View Post
    How often do you clean your Droid's (Eris and Moto both) touchscreen due to smudgie finger marks?

    I say this because ever since I bought my Toshiba laptop last year, it has a beautiful gloss black bezel all around the keyboard, but it's been the bane of my existence since I've owned it (some melodrama/sarcasm in there). Seriously though, it gets pretty annoying to have to see all of your oily smudges all the time, and constantly cleaning it to no avail. Is this a problem for the Droid, or for touchscreen phones in general?
    I clean it at least 10 times a day. I wipe it against my pants.

    -Wil
  8. Droid
    mvezz's Avatar
    Member #
    6462
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    78
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    I always thought this would be a problem for me, as I was constantly cleaning finger prints from monitors, windows, etc.

    After first buying an iPod Touch, and now the Droid, I find myself actually leaving it a bit smudgy as it makes your finger slide smoothly on the screen. I still wipe it off when it gets overly smudgy or when showing friends/family.

    The one thing I noticed about the Droid screen as opposed to the iPod is that it is a bit sticky after wiping the screen clean. Not sticky in a glue/gum way, just seems to take a bit more force to slide your finger than it would with a bit of oil from your fingers helping it along.

    Hope this helps!
  9. Droid
    mattygabe's Avatar
    Member #
    34952
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Samsung Charge SCH-I510
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mvezz View Post
    I always thought this would be a problem for me, as I was constantly cleaning finger prints from monitors, windows, etc.

    After first buying an iPod Touch, and now the Droid, I find myself actually leaving it a bit smudgy as it makes your finger slide smoothly on the screen. I still wipe it off when it gets overly smudgy or when showing friends/family.

    The one thing I noticed about the Droid screen as opposed to the iPod is that it is a bit sticky after wiping the screen clean. Not sticky in a glue/gum way, just seems to take a bit more force to slide your finger than it would with a bit of oil from your fingers helping it along.

    Hope this helps!
    Gotcha.

    I'll most likely be the same way. I know it's coming but was curious anyways. I had heard that iPhones had been coated with a certain smudge-resistant coating, which piqued my interest a bit too.
  10. Master Droid
    wil318466's Avatar
    Member #
    3400
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    684
    Liked
    4 times
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mvezz View Post
    I always thought this would be a problem for me, as I was constantly cleaning finger prints from monitors, windows, etc.

    After first buying an iPod Touch, and now the Droid, I find myself actually leaving it a bit smudgy as it makes your finger slide smoothly on the screen. I still wipe it off when it gets overly smudgy or when showing friends/family.

    The one thing I noticed about the Droid screen as opposed to the iPod is that it is a bit sticky after wiping the screen clean. Not sticky in a glue/gum way, just seems to take a bit more force to slide your finger than it would with a bit of oil from your fingers helping it along.

    Hope this helps!
    I have trouble using the touchscreen right after I wash my hands.

    -Wil
  11. Master Droid
    TimChgo9's Avatar
    Member #
    19588
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NE Illinois
    Posts
    410
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    #10
    If it gets too smudgy (especially after playing Air Control) I just take a lint free cloth and wipe it, that takes care of the smudges. I clean it with a bit of windex on a cloth every other day or so, just to keep it looking good.
    "Chairman of the Awkward Squad"
    Treo 650 --> Samsung A37 --> Moto Droid --> Moto Droid 2 Global.
    Droid owner since 12/22/09
    Droid 2 Global owner since 2/12/11

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droids with HD Video out?
    By danDroid in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 01:33 PM
  2. 100,000 Droids? More like 400,000 Droids
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 07:35 AM
  3. Hello Droids!!
    By sonny in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 08:28 AM
  4. Droids rule!
    By Torquehead in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 06:41 PM
  5. The DROIDS you're Looking For!!
    By RinTinTigger in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 02:20 AM

Search tags for this page

clean oily touch screen
,

greasy phone screen

,

how to clean a greasy touch screen

,
how to keep finger smudges off touch screen
,

how to prevent smudges on phone

,
how to stop oily fingers
,

oily phone screen

,

oily touch screen

,

oily touchscreen

,

phone screen gets greasy

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+