DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smudgy Droids

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge SCH-I510

Smudgy Droids

How often do you clean your Droid's (Eris and Moto both) touchscreen due to smudgie finger marks?

I say this because ever since I bought my Toshiba laptop last year, it has a beautiful gloss black bezel all around the keyboard, but it's been the bane of my existence since I've owned it (some melodrama/sarcasm in there). Seriously though, it gets pretty annoying to have to see all of your oily smudges all the time, and constantly cleaning it to no avail. Is this a problem for the Droid, or for touchscreen phones in general?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    All touch screens in general. I just stop worry about it. I actually enjoy drawing new designs on the screen with the smudge when I'm bored and don't feel like turning the phone on lol.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Every once in awhile. Probably once a weekish? I use iKlear only because I work with Apple products all day and works great for almost any device with a screen.

It's not necessarily an 'issue' it is a touchscreen device so you are bound to get smudges and fingerprints.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge SCH-I510
    Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteAustin24 View Post
    All touch screens in general. I just stop worry about it. I actually enjoy drawing new designs on the screen with the smudge when I'm bored and don't feel like turning the phone on lol.
    Yeah I actually purposefully insulted someone next to me by writing in the smudge on my laptop a couple months back. Alternative communication methods I called it.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteAustin24 View Post
    Hahaha I need to try that approach!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mattygabe View Post
    How often do you clean your Droid's (Eris and Moto both) touchscreen due to smudgie finger marks?

I say this because ever since I bought my Toshiba laptop last year, it has a beautiful gloss black bezel all around the keyboard, but it's been the bane of my existence since I've owned it (some melodrama/sarcasm in there). Seriously though, it gets pretty annoying to have to see all of your oily smudges all the time, and constantly cleaning it to no avail. Is this a problem for the Droid, or for touchscreen phones in general?
    I clean it at least 10 times a day. I wipe it against my pants.

-Wil
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I always thought this would be a problem for me, as I was constantly cleaning finger prints from monitors, windows, etc.

After first buying an iPod Touch, and now the Droid, I find myself actually leaving it a bit smudgy as it makes your finger slide smoothly on the screen. I still wipe it off when it gets overly smudgy or when showing friends/family.

The one thing I noticed about the Droid screen as opposed to the iPod is that it is a bit sticky after wiping the screen clean. Not sticky in a glue/gum way, just seems to take a bit more force to slide your finger than it would with a bit of oil from your fingers helping it along.

Hope this helps!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge SCH-I510
    Quote Originally Posted by mvezz View Post
    I always thought this would be a problem for me, as I was constantly cleaning finger prints from monitors, windows, etc.

After first buying an iPod Touch, and now the Droid, I find myself actually leaving it a bit smudgy as it makes your finger slide smoothly on the screen. I still wipe it off when it gets overly smudgy or when showing friends/family.

The one thing I noticed about the Droid screen as opposed to the iPod is that it is a bit sticky after wiping the screen clean. Not sticky in a glue/gum way, just seems to take a bit more force to slide your finger than it would with a bit of oil from your fingers helping it along.

Hope this helps!
    Gotcha.

I'll most likely be the same way. I know it's coming but was curious anyways. I had heard that iPhones had been coated with a certain smudge-resistant coating, which piqued my interest a bit too.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mvezz View Post

Hope this helps!
    I have trouble using the touchscreen right after I wash my hands.

-Wil
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    If it gets too smudgy (especially after playing Air Control) I just take a lint free cloth and wipe it, that takes care of the smudges. I clean it with a bit of windex on a cloth every other day or so, just to keep it looking good.
    "Chairman of the Awkward Squad"
    Treo 650 --> Samsung A37 --> Moto Droid --> Moto Droid 2 Global.
    Droid owner since 12/22/09
    Droid 2 Global owner since 2/12/11

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links