DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amcas522

Thread: $100 additional upgrade credit from Verizon

  1. Junior Droid
    amcas522's Avatar
    Member #
    84857
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG Ally
    #1

    $100 additional upgrade credit from Verizon

    So, I'm trying to get the upgrade credit and keep the unlimited plan and did it by the deadline, but Verizon said they have a problem getting the right discount codes to pull up and can't complete my order. They can see everything that was done and the discounts I should get, but everything is greyed out and they can't process my order. A ticket was opened yesterday, but of course no one has gotten to it. I ordered a blue Razr and am stoked, but am getting less excited because I feel I'm going to have a fight on my hands......

    Has anyone else had a problem?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Lightnspirit's Avatar
    Member #
    102142
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SGS3 Blue
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by amcas522 View Post
    So, I'm trying to get the upgrade credit and keep the unlimited plan and did it by the deadline, but Verizon said they have a problem getting the right discount codes to pull up and can't complete my order. They can see everything that was done and the discounts I should get, but everything is greyed out and they can't process my order. A ticket was opened yesterday, but of course no one has gotten to it. I ordered a blue Razr and am stoked, but am getting less excited because I feel I'm going to have a fight on my hands......

    Has anyone else had a problem?
    You should be fine. If they can see it and it's noted they should be able to process it. They do have a form they can send in INCASE something gets messed up to a corporate center and fix anything even restoring unlimited data if they mess that up. You should be fine, I'd call back and make sure to speak to a manager on site and see if they have it submitted for sure. Don't let the rep on the phone have them call you back, they never will.
    Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer are called hardware.. those program instructions that you can only curse at are called software.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Beka27's Avatar
    Member #
    142867
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    1,484
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    #3
    I'd definitely call back to make sure this is going thru. Fortunately, there is record of communication, so you should be okay, but I know you're not gonna want to wait past the estimated ship date.

    I must politely disagree with Lightnspirit about reps not calling back. I have received return calls from reps on the few occasions when a call back was required. I can't actually think of any BAD experiences I've had with VZW customer service. They have always been most accommodating, altho I may have just lucked out with good ones every time. I know they get the short end of the stick b/c they're the ones dealing with the public but have no say in policy.
  5. Senior Droid
    Lightnspirit's Avatar
    Member #
    102142
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SGS3 Blue
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Beka27 View Post
    I'd definitely call back to make sure this is going thru. Fortunately, there is record of communication, so you should be okay, but I know you're not gonna want to wait past the estimated ship date.

    I must politely disagree with Lightnspirit about reps not calling back. I have received return calls from reps on the few occasions when a call back was required. I can't actually think of any BAD experiences I've had with VZW customer service. They have always been most accommodating, altho I may have just lucked out with good ones every time. I know they get the short end of the stick b/c they're the ones dealing with the public but have no say in policy.
    I'll politely disagree back, wait no I wont be polite about it, you must be LUCKY.. I've never had a call back nor anyone I know.
    Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer are called hardware.. those program instructions that you can only curse at are called software.
  6. Droid Ninja
    syndicate0017's Avatar
    Member #
    166960
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightnspirit View Post
    I'll politely disagree back, wait no I wont be polite about it, you must be LUCKY.. I've never had a call back nor anyone I know.
    I, too, have never received a call back. Not once. When I get the "We will call you back" runaround, I ask for a direct extension so I can call back when they fail to do so within the allotted time period.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  7. Junior Droid
    amcas522's Avatar
    Member #
    84857
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG Ally
    #6
    Thank you, all! I had a WONDERFUL customer service rep named Marion who stayed on the phone with me while she attempted to find out what was going on. She couldn't resolve it at that time, but she called the next day when it was resolved. She is AWESOME! The best customer service I've EVER had with VZW. Anyway, I got the phone yesterday, updated to ICS and am trying to figure things out. So far, I LOVE the phone. Can't get my auto punctuation to work when I press the space bar twice. Extremely annoying, but I'll check out the forums and see if anyone else has had that problem.
    jackiescivic likes this.
  8. Master Droid
    jackiescivic's Avatar
    Member #
    169639
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Muskego, WI
    Posts
    880
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by amcas522 View Post
    Thank you, all! I had a WONDERFUL customer service rep named Marion who stayed on the phone with me while she attempted to find out what was going on. She couldn't resolve it at that time, but she called the next day when it was resolved. She is AWESOME! The best customer service I've EVER had with VZW. Anyway, I got the phone yesterday, updated to ICS and am trying to figure things out. So far, I LOVE the phone. Can't get my auto punctuation to work when I press the space bar twice. Extremely annoying, but I'll check out the forums and see if anyone else has had that problem.
    Are you using the stock keyboard currently? I use Swiftkey 3 and int he settings for it there is an option for what the spacebar will do.
  9. Junior Droid
    amcas522's Avatar
    Member #
    84857
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG Ally
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic View Post
    Are you using the stock keyboard currently? I use Swiftkey 3 and int he settings for it there is an option for what the spacebar will do.
    I'm using Swype. I was thinking that's why it doesn't work, but I also tried Slideit which I had on the last phone and it doesn't work with that either although it did on the last phone.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Wirefly Offering $40.00 Credit for Each Upgrade Activation
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 05:03 PM
  2. Verizon $50 credit
    By DancingRAZR in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 04:17 PM
  3. Will Verizon Credit Me?
    By guitarskoota in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 10:25 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 11:19 AM
  5. Verizon bill credit
    By Natey2 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 08:26 PM

Search tags for this page

$100 credit verizon
,
i love verizon 100
,
upgrade credit for verizon
,

verizon $100 credit

,
verizon $50 upgrade credit
,
verizon 100 credit
,
verizon 100 credit for upgrade
,
verizon upgrade 100 credit
,

verizon upgrade credit

,
verizon upgrade discount $100
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+