Droid Battery Life Test
I decided it would be fun to make an excel sheet and share it with everyone that will keep track of battery life and usage on your phone. Just plug in the correct units and the data should be created for you.
Download Here: Droid Battery Life Excel Sheet
A few notes - Please read so your results aren't skewed:
1) The data in day 1 are my current results, just to show what kind of data is created.
Data on your phone can be found here:
Battery Level: Settings > About phone
Time Since Unplugged: Settings > About phone > Battery Use > (Located at the top)
Usage percentages: Settings > About phone > Battery Use
Rom Version : Settings > About phone > Build Number
2) Ignore Max Est. Battery Life Average (HRS) and Average Time Left On Battery (HRS) until you have 7 days of data, otherwise the 0's in the columns throw off the numbers.
3) These are only rough estimates, a better data set would include probably a month's worth of data, and if you do not know how to do that in excel, just ask and I'll extend the time frame.
4) If you do not have Microsoft Office, you can download an open source (free) office software here - OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
5) Do not record data if you started using the phone with anything less than 100%, otherwise the results will be skewed.
6) I use my phone as an alarm and charge it before bed, so it's at 90% before I actually start to use it. If you fall in this category, toss it on the charger and let it hit 100% (also it will reset time since unplugged), otherwise results will be skewed. We want results from times the phone is used while you're awake.
I hope at least 10 people will do this, it will be interesting to compare our final results. If you want to beautify the spreadsheet or add other data feel free to edit it and post up a copy. I threw this together quickly and just wanted to get the main stats up.
hey this is cool, ill bite.
should we take into account overclocking? or do you only want stock stuff
Good question. In the top left, I have boxes for users to input information about their phone.
Originally Posted by beneharris
I have a spot to enter Phone Mhz and a spot for inputting a custom rom. It would be awesome if a variety of users kept track of this data, including stock users, and overclocked users.
Once I get enough people to submit results, I will compile the data from the results that will compare all sets of data, such as avg. stock user battery life to avg overclocked user battery life, and I'll think of some interesting comparisons for people with different ranges of battery usage, and see if any patterns show up.
I hope enough people do this, as maybe we will uncover some new data regarding our phones, or at least trends/patterns.
Did anyone else want in on this?
My question would be why you aren't using Google Docs to host this... shame on you for not supporting Google:icon_ devil:
I support Google constantly, but last time I used google docs it required a login and or possibly permissions to access the document. That's fine for predetermined groups for classes or work, but dropbox is damn simple to share stuff with people :)
LOL, understandable, I use DropBox also... just wish they'd get of their a$$ and make a Droid app... going online via xScope isn't bad but an app would SOOOO much nicer....
Originally Posted by CorvetteAustin24
I agree, a dropbox app would be nice. xScope is an amazing browser though.