DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: another upgrade scenario.. help please

  1. Junior Droid
    mooseroach's Avatar
    Member #
    267163
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #11
    I was also told that the discount was for any 4g phone, asked if i could use it for the sg3 and was denied by the store as well as by verizon over the phone. Could have gotten a nexus, rezound, etc
  2. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseroach
    I stopped by verizon and I can get a maxx for $145 (incl upgrade fee + taxes) or just go with the sg3 normal contract price (245 for 16gb, 300 for 32gb with upgrade fee + taxes) because they will give me $100 for switching from 3g to a current 4g phone. I was thinking of getting a maxx and flipping that instead.

    which do you think would generate more profit toward a razr hd?
    What is this $100 for going over to a LTE device. Like if I wanted a D4 for $99 I could get it for free assuming I was going 3G to 4G?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    Last edited by tjk629; 06-15-2012 at 11:42 AM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Jmoore1701's Avatar
    Member #
    261260
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    192
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Droid X --> SGS3 --> Note II
    #13

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by mooseroach View Post
    The extra 100 was from switching from 3g to 4g in addition to using alot of data. I read that they gave the discount from doing this on another forum so i left my phone streaming music all day until i reaches over 2gb used. Normally i average around a gig. You may or may not get the discount, but its worth a try... i walked in and asked if i had any discounts, one verizon store said no and the other gave me 100 off. These stores were within 2miles of eachother..
    Hmmm...interesting strategy. And so: to the YouTubes!

    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    --Thomas A. Edison
  4. Junior Droid
    mooseroach's Avatar
    Member #
    267163
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    What is this $100 for going over to a LTE device. Like if I wanted a D4 for $99 I could get it for free assuming I was going 3G to 4G?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

    I assume it would be free, I didn't ask because I was only interested in the sg3 or maxx. My total came to 156.21 after upgrade fee, taxes, and a silicone case. would just need to pay upgrade fee and possibly tax with a standard razr? not sure how that would work. I'm not sure how the discount works for sure because one store said I had the discount and the other did not. The stores are .9 miles, 3 mins from eachother in google maps. Maybe 1 is just a reseller? Bought mine from the huge corporate store
  5. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseroach View Post
    I assume it would be free, I didn't ask because I was only interested in the sg3 or maxx. My total came to 156.21 after upgrade fee, taxes, and a silicone case. would just need to pay upgrade fee and possibly tax with a standard razr? not sure how that would work. I'm not sure how the discount works for sure because one store said I had the discount and the other did not. The stores are .9 miles, 3 mins from eachother in google maps. Maybe 1 is just a reseller? Bought mine from the huge corporate store
    I think I'll give CS a ring. CSRs have way more power/knowledge of these "perks" then the stores do. Plus, they'd be able to note the account, so you could go into the store and take care of it.

    This could be what I've been looking for! We have 3 lines. One (the primary) can upgrade @ 2 year, but only through vzw. The other two can do it in early sept. With the new data plans coming at the end of this month. I was in a pickle as what to do with them. The one would like a new phone, and the D4 or even Stratosphere would be great!

    Hope I can get this deal + early 4G upgrades for the other two.
  6. Junior Droid
    mooseroach's Avatar
    Member #
    267163
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    I think I'll give CS a ring. CSRs have way more power/knowledge of these "perks" then the stores do. Plus, they'd be able to note the account, so you could go into the store and take care of it.

    This could be what I've been looking for! We have 3 lines. One (the primary) can upgrade @ 2 year, but only through vzw. The other two can do it in early sept. With the new data plans coming at the end of this month. I was in a pickle as what to do with them. The one would like a new phone, and the D4 or even Stratosphere would be great!

    Hope I can get this deal + early 4G upgrades for the other two.

    yeah I had to upgrade directly through verizon, couldnt do it via anywhere else until august
  7. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #17
    Called up, and she told me it was a primary line perk. Like you can get 25,50,100 off the phone. It is not an LTE perk that everyone can get.

    Which I guess makes sense. Are you the primary on your line?
  8. Junior Droid
    mooseroach's Avatar
    Member #
    267163
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #18
    Yeah, just a single user, no family plan or anything
  9. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseroach View Post
    Yeah, just a single user, no family plan or anything
    That's probably why. Well, it was nice thought. I'll have to talk to person. We can get $50 off, so something like a D4 would be 49+30=79. Which is only saving like $20 lol.
  10. Junior Droid
    mooseroach's Avatar
    Member #
    267163
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #20
    yeah that $30 upgrade fee is a joke
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Doomsday last phone scenario
    By pc747 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
  2. Question About Family Plan Upgrade Scenario on Verizon
    By rherron in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 06:45 AM
  3. Unlimited Data and Grandfathering Scenario
    By C_Pate in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 12:37 AM
  4. Backup Scenario - What are you doing?
    By Twist747 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
  5. help with my scenario ??
    By hibiscus27 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM

Search tags for this page

droid razr hd

,
razr hd
,

razr maxx or sg3

,
razr maxx vs samsung sg3
,
sg3 or maxx
,
verizon $100 discount 3g to 4g?
,
verizon 3g 4g discount
,

verizon 3g to 4g upgrade discount

,
verizon 4g $100 discount
,
verizon 4g upgrade on 6/28
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+