So since Verizon will be forcing us onto a tiered plan, we have to come up with a way to either use our last upgrade or decide if we should just ship. I'm suspecting the Galaxy S3 will drop before the Olympics in the US, and I think Verizon will get it than. So I wanted to know if we have any options as far as upgrading. Verizon might rethink cutting unlimited/pushes it off till late summer or early fall. Perhaps they want to get the GS3 and iPhone 5 in before they do it, knowing they will be able to lock in most of their customers who were angry and threatening to jump ship. If I were Verizon this is what I'd do.
But what if Verizon starts their new policy sometime before the GS3 drops? In this case, if we had advance notice of them doing this, would we be able to "rent" a phone until the GS3 drops? Could we keep exchanging phones until the GS3 drops just to buy us time? Or would we have just 14 days?
Or, we could wait 6-8 months after the GS3 launch for the Craigslist prices to go down. The prices of used VZ phones will probably remain high after this policy is implemented, unfortunately.
Our other options, are just that: what other carrier could we go to that would make us happy? We all know what Sprint and T-Mobile are about. AT&T is worse than Verizon, but supposedly there is a way to get a "dumb phone" unlimited data plan with HSPA+ speeds if you purchase an international version. But considering they want $800 for it without a contract, I think this is pointless in thinking about. I like the idea of free-lancing it, and honestly that may make me the happiest in the long run. However, is it worth it paying the premium for an unlocked phone and having the satisfaction of dropping Verizon or is it better just paying the premium on Verizon? But I really want this freakin phone, and I do have it pretty good at Verizon with unlimited LTE. We'll all have to make the decision one day, what will you guys do?