DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone4s or Razr Maxx?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 1

Iphone4s or Razr Maxx?

Ok I know this is probably not the best site to ask about this. lol

Anyway I recently picked up an Iphone4s, and it's actually a really solid device. There's certainly a lot I like about it. The retina display, the sound quality, camera, just overall sexy build,etc.

But I also would like a device with more power, bigger screen, etc. Web browsing pretty much sucks on the 4s because of the small screen!

Should I go ahead and exchange it for the Razr Maxx?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    You could trade it in for a bigger phone or buy a magnifying glass. Seriously the iPhone isn't a bad phone, IMHO it's not as nice or versatile as an Android. I'd gladly put my Rezound against a 4s any day of the week. I've already had two iPhone users comment on how nice the Rezound is. And when they saw some pictures I had taken with my phone their jaws dropped. One girl said that after seeing the Rezound that she bought the wrong phone. So yes I would say dump the iPhone. But I'd give the Rezound a look too.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.
    Last edited by LoudRam; 05-21-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Droid does...Apple bites

4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DNA
    Go with the maxx. Ez decision!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    See Android phones more desirable than iPhone

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I gave the iPhone 4S a shot for a couple months. It was a no go for me. I wanted to see what the craze was on the Apple line of products. iphone 4S is a solid device. It does 1 thing at a time and does it well. Where as the droids multitask like crazy and are capable of much more than the iPhone could ever think of. I traded my 4S in on the Maxx and couldn't be happier. (the 4G is nice to )
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    If nothing else I couldn't deal with having to to sync to iTunes every time I want to change something. I'm going to second the recommendation for the Rezound, especially if you pick up the extended battery.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Samsung Galaxy S3
    The one thing that is keeping me from going to an IPhone 4S is the tethering capability and rooting vs jailbreaking. I don't use tethering a lot and when I/we do use it, it is sparingly. It is nice when the wife and I are traveling and we can tether the laptop either in the car or in a hotel that wants to charge you $10-$15 a day.

I don't know if there is any truth to this or not but, I heard/read that with an Iphone Verizon can tell whether you are tethering and will send you a warning about it and telling you to add it to your plan if you want to continue to use it. I believe that there is no way for Verizon to tell is you are tethering on a android device.

Anyone know if this is correct?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur
    I gave the iPhone 4S a shot for a couple months. It was a no go for me. I wanted to see what the craze was on the Apple line of products. iphone 4S is a solid device. It does 1 thing at a time and does it well. Where as the droids multitask like crazy and are capable of much more than the iPhone could ever think of. I traded my 4S in on the Maxx and couldn't be happier. (the 4G is nice to )
    Same here, had the 4s a few months and switched to the Maxx. I went from the Droid 1 to the iphone to see what the hype was. My wife has her iPhone and is really jealous of my Maxx.

If you're not into playing with the OS of your phone, want really good pictures and really like siri (no android app comes close) then the iphone will be your best bet.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Spyder XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by jaidonmitchell View Post
    According to me you are going in wrong way because it's not a great deal for anybody to dump Apple iPhone 4S just because of little big display. An Apple iPhone 4S is amazing mobile phone so you not to switch it for Razer mexx and if you do so it's worse deal for anybody who just quitting Apple brand device and thinking to purchase any cheap ones.
    They didn't say they'd dump apple for a cheap phone. They specifically mentioned the Razr Maxx.

I would also suggest that you never trust someone who calls it a "razer mexx"
    mapd00d
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by mapd00d

I would also suggest that you never trust someone who calls it a "razer mexx"
    I second that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links