DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: change default google calendar?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate

change default google calendar?

I set up my phone with an old Google account. I now would like to change it, but I am missing something. First, my new Google account is not showing any calendar options on the Droid. I have set everything up on Google. Next, can I make this new Google account my primary without resetting the phone? I am thinking the account has to be the primary one to get the calendar to show.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (Ex Storm user)
    Yeah I had that issue also. The only calendar that shows up is the default email calendar. I had to do a factory reset on the phone and then set up a new default email. You can have other email accounts but only one calendar. Now if they are both gmail accounts you may be able to share the old calendar with the other account and have both show up but have not tried it.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Exclamation Having this too - don't want to factory reset

Jimbo - did you have to buy/install all the apps you had installed previously when you did the factory reset? I'm hoping not. If so, I might do to, but I'm trying to figure out right now how to share one gmail accounts calendar with another.
    Seems like it would have just been easier for Google to allow adding another calendar and letting us enter it on the Droid.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Any calendar that is viewable from your Google Account is viewable on the Droid.

Go into Calendar and then Menu>Move>My Calendars and you can select what Calendars are visible.

If you have more than one calendar enabled, when you enter a new appointment, there is a combo box which allows you to choose which calendar it is on.

You cannot however change what is the "default" calendar for a particular Google Account, even if you add others, the main calendar is the "default"
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks JayMonster. I think I've got it fixed, but I'm still fiddling. I think sometimes I want an update to be instantaneous and it's not quite so. My one account would not show up very soon after I had it all setup in Google online, but about 2 hours later it showed up.

None of this would have been a problem for me if the dude at Verizon had just plugged in my current account. For the life of me I can't remember how he screwed that up... I was standing right there!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (Ex Storm user)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Go View Post
    Jimbo - did you have to buy/install all the apps you had installed previously when you did the factory reset? I'm hoping not. If so, I might do to, but I'm trying to figure out right now how to share one gmail accounts calendar with another.
    Seems like it would have just been easier for Google to allow adding another calendar and letting us enter it on the Droid.

Apps are tied to the email address I believe. I still have that address but it was a gmail address and I wanted my google apps email as default. I had to factory default the phone to give it a new address. The gmail address is now secondary.

Not sure but I do not think you can add additional calendars to a gmail address which is what verizon originally gave me as default, I think you only add calendars to a google apps email.

Anyway to your question, my apps were not there once I changed the default email but I only had a few so it was easy to download them. However I only had the phone for a few hours when I did all of that so I am not sure the would not have eventually showed up.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    You certainly CAN add calendars to your Gmail account. Just go to your Google Apps account and sharing and share it to your Gmail account. The calendar will then be available to that account and you can add it to your Droid (it just won't be the "default")

There was a lot of complaints about this I remember when I first got the G1, and I guess it still holds true, you cannot use your Google Apps account for Android (or Google Voice for that matter) but have to have a regular "Google Account"
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have finally found a way and wrote a small guide here:
    Tips and tricks: How to change default Google calendar

Links