DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gmail issue

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Nexus

gmail issue

i cant view attached pictures that is sent to me from an i cant view attached pictures that is sent to me from an iphone to my gmail phone app. i can view it when i go online but not the gmail app. it just only seems to be happening to just email that is sent from an iphone. any thoughts?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    I agree. I wish a developer would tackle this issue. I can't believe more people don't complain about this issue. It happens on all emails for me. No pictures .
    Last edited by Yohimbe35; 02-04-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: add more
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    your friend needs to get a better phone?

are you getting a preview at least or some option to download it?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    I get a blue box with a question mark inside.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Nexus
    Yup a blue box with a question mark in it. No other option or preview
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I've got my gmail account setup to retrieve my AOL mail, and my dad sent me a picture on the AOL account. I downloaded it to my droid with no problem.

Do you know what file type the pictures you're having trouble with, or is it really ALL of them?

I'm not having this issue, but am willing to work with you guys to try to troubleshoot and/or recreate the issue on my phone to try to find a better way to deal with this...

If you haven't already looked into, I've seen MANY good things about the e-mail app in the market called k9 if nothing else.

Give me more details and I'll do my best here!

[I don't regularly talk to anyone with an iPhone, and it's only 6am here, so I won't be asking anyone to e-mail me anything...]

Does the iPhone still not support picture messaging/mms? I know a friend of my had the first generation and he had to go online to see any picture sent to him. That's really the only reason I can think that iPhone users would be sending you and e-mail with a picture...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by ntrddragn View Post
    i cant view attached pictures that is sent to me from an i cant view attached pictures that is sent to me from an iphone to my gmail phone app. i can view it when i go online but not the gmail app. it just only seems to be happening to just email that is sent from an iphone. any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohimbe35 View Post
    I agree. I wish a developer would tackle this issue. I can't believe more people don't complain about this issue. It happens on all emails for me. No pictures .
    I have the same issue as the OP. I really can't believe that you cannot download attachments through the gmail app. I hate having to go online and retrieve them through the browser.

Get on this Google!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naman919 View Post
    I have the same issue as the OP. I really can't believe that you cannot download attachments through the gmail app. I hate having to go online and retrieve them through the browser.

Get on this Google!
    Have you tried K9 yet? I haven't tried it but many people feel the stock mail app is insufficient. Try K9 as suggested above. And please read the entire thread. Blaming Google may not be the issue.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by naman919 View Post

Get on this Google!
    Have you tried K9 yet? I haven't tried it but many people feel the stock mail app is insufficient. Try K9 as suggested above. And please read the entire thread. Blaming Google may not be the issue.
    The GMail app is perfectly fine. It's the EMail app that most don't like, for various reasons.

What i'm referring to is a problem generated by the GMail app Google created. There is no reason they should have limited the GMAIL app to only download a handful of file types.

A work-around is going to the gmail website and downloading the attachment off there; meaning it's still possible, but they make you work for it. *dumb*

***Also, the thread isn't that long. i don't appreciate your snarky comments. No wonder you have so many posts. thanks for bloating up the thread. YOU read the entire thread, it's about the GMAIL app, and not the EMail app, therefore K9 is not relevant.

Sorry to rant but sometimes i can't hold back any longer. Also, it's snowing like crazy here and i'm worried about getting home.***
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    As noted on a number of other threads, Documents2Go enables the download of both Microsoft and Adobe documents via the gmail application. In addition, it allows Microsoft documents to be edited. (And yes, you have to pay for it. Usually about $10.)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links