DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Can you make "recent calls" tab default screen rather than the dial pad tab?

  1. Droid
    New Daddy's Avatar
    Member #
    8148
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    74
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Question Can you make "recent calls" tab default screen rather than the dial pad tab?

    Can you make "recent calls" tab the default screen rather than the dial pad tab?
    For me, chances are that I'd call someone that I've recently called or talked to.
    I rarely use the dial pad anyway. I don't use the dial pad tab as often as the contacts tab.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Super Moderator
    Quicksilver7714's Avatar
    Member #
    83729
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,423
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    #2
    When you tap the phone shortcut. Go to the recent calls list. Once you back out the next time you tap on the phone shortcut it will take you to recent calls.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

    We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

  4. Droid
    New Daddy's Avatar
    Member #
    8148
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    74
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    When you tap the phone shortcut. Go to the recent calls list. Once you back out the next time you tap on the phone shortcut it will take you to recent calls.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I'm guessing the behavior is device-specific, because with my Droid 4, it doesn't work that way. The phone shortcut still puts me back to the dialer tab (the first tab from the left in Droid 4).
  5. Droid
    joemontana's Avatar
    Member #
    211616
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kalispell, MT
    Posts
    73
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    #4
    Same with my Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by New Daddy View Post
    I'm guessing the behavior is device-specific, because with my Droid 4, it doesn't work that way. The phone shortcut still puts me back to the dialer tab (the first tab from the left in Droid 4).
  6. Master Droid
    deputc26's Avatar
    Member #
    6714
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    723
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #5
    If you stick with touchwiz (gs3) an app called xshortcut will do it as will an app called manual intent shortcut, I just spent way to long trying to make this work on the gf's phone.
  7. Droid Newbie
    jklein74's Avatar
    Member #
    212344
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #6

    DialerOne

    Quote Originally Posted by deputc26 View Post
    If you stick with touchwiz (gs3) an app called xshortcut will do it as will an app called manual intent shortcut, I just spent way to long trying to make this work on the gf's phone.

    I usually use an app called DialerOne. It'll allow you to do this, and its great. Tons of options. The newer Jelly Bean dialer is much better than it used to be, where this app was a requirement...but sometimes you still need something better.
  8. Droid Newbie
    tomylin's Avatar
    Member #
    260413
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by New Daddy View Post
    Can you make "recent calls" tab the default screen rather than the dial pad tab?
    For me, chances are that I'd call someone that I've recently called or talked to.
    I rarely use the dial pad anyway. I don't use the dial pad tab as often as the contacts tab.
    0 down vote


    You can use an app called xshortcut (in Google Play)

    Follow the following steps:

    Install xshortcut 2.0.x
    Open xshortcut's Editor.
    Switch to Component page

    Use the following data to create the shortcut you want.

    Component Package: com.android.contacts

    Component Class: com.android.contacts.activities.DialtactsActivity

    MIME Type: vnd.android.cursor.dir/calls

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
  3. "Essentially" make your Droid screen higher resolution tutorial!!!
    By mrpotatohead99 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 11:02 AM
  4. Lost my "Recent Calls" shortcut
    By gullenj in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 01:31 PM
  5. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 02:18 PM

Search tags for this page

android phone default to recent calls
,
can i set my galaxy s 3 to recent call list instead of diali
,
can you make samsung galaxy phone go to recent calls instead
,

galaxy s3 recent calls shortcut

,
how can i change contacts on s4 to show recent calls first
,
how do i make recent calls default
,
recent calls shortcut galaxy s3
,
samsung galaxy s3 recent calls shortcut
,
samsung s4 go to recent calls first
,
set default view for samsung phone app to recent calls
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+