DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Android or iPhone?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android

19 51.35%
  • iPhone

0 0%
  • This war is stupid

18 48.65%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Infamous: Apple vs Android

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member

The Infamous: Apple vs Android

Some of you may have noticed by now that on Twitter one of the big Trending Topics right now is "Apple vs Android". Well, I was looking through the trends and unsurprisingly to me, there was a lot of bias towards Android from i*hone users and even vice-versa. I felt like making a few tweets of my own to try and express my thoughts but.. there's one problem, you only have 140 characters to do so. Not wanting to flood peoples Timeline with my "rant" or opinion on the subject, I decided to make a topic here.

Now, this isn't going to be a rant, and I will give my opinion on the subject as soon is this thread get's "poppin'" a little bit.

Here's what this thread is for; Comment your reasons as to why or why not you don't like Android versus the i*hone or of course the opposite way, too. And please, try to keep this as unbiased as possible. Let's not completely hate on the competition just because you choose Android over the i*hone, or if your a visitor, because you just the i*hone or other Apple products over anything that has to do with Android or something not Apple. I'm all for Android, but I give credit where credit is due and there are some aspects of the i*hone that truly are good. However, there's just not enough to sway me to get an iDevice over Android.

Have fun with this and remember this is opinionated and do not be rude to other members of this forum if they say something you don't agree with. Debating over a subject is one thing, arguing and bashing other members for their thoughts is another and not acceptable.

Follow me on Twitter for more Android stuff - @BlackBlizzNerd
    Last edited by BenLand150; 04-07-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    I like them both... (and wp7!!)

And to add to what Ben said, if this gets even remotely disrespectful or remotely out of hand, it'll be closed. So check yourself before you wreck yourself...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    BHuber09
    Phone
    GNex
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Well..
    I'm going to choose Android because I am still in love with all the Modding that its capable of. However I will admit the IPhone is an absolute balling phone. Great build quality and the app quality is amazing. And that's is where the bad part of Android is. The apps in Android and the apps of apple are just completely different beast. Its quantity for android yet quality for apple.

Yet the main reason I choose Android is the ability to mod.

FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    Nastiest Crew Takeover!!!
    If You Need Help P.M Me
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    This is droidforums... built in bias.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I like them both, honestly. But, I don't think I will ever, EVER, get an iPhone. I absolutely LOVE the Android platform and will choose it everytime for a phone. I can't say my opinion on tablets because I have neither an opinion nore a tablet of any kind. I do have a 3rd gen iPod Touch, but if Google or any other manufacturer or developer released an Android based mp3 and video player, I will be all over it. I'm more for Android than I am Apple, even though I like both. I don't agree with Apple's decisions to be a huge patent troll, but I'm not going to get into a sensless argument because there are threads for that. I love how Android allows for major customization and personalization even without root. iDevices don't really allow for that without jailbreaking, and even then it's limited. Sooo, that's my opinion.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    I like them both... (and wp7!!)

And to add to what Ben said, if this gets even remotely disrespectful or remotely out of hand, it'll be closed. So check yourself before you wreck yourself...
    I agree, the Lumia 900 is really shmexy, and I'm actually a big Apple fan. Iove iMac's especially. I choose Android though because custom ROM's are awesome, and I'm a fan of open source. (I run linux on my laptop).

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I had an iphone 3gs for a long time and it was a pretty awesome phone, but ios seems to be phone first, everything else second, which isn't how people use their phones anymore. There was too much of an intentional disconnect between myself and the phone, created by the os. I kept having these ideas about what I wanted to do with my phone: stream a video from a networked samba share, for example. Easy as pie on any computer, simple on androids built in file browser, but howtf to do that on an iphone? It's all too itunes-centric. No freedom. Easy things are obvious but complicated things are impossible.

My bionic is a mobile computer first, and a phone second, which is how it should be. Some easy things may not be as intuitive as on ios, but are still easy, but complicated things are easy, too.

Only thing I can think of that I miss from my iphone is gpu accelerated everything. Webpages, UIs, everything display related was smooth as butter all the time, and I lose sleep thinking about the android engineers deciding to not implement it before ICS. That and chrome beta are the only two reasons I want ICS.

Other than that, my bionic is at least as big of a step up from my iphone as my iphone was from my old rotary telephone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Apple has quality products and stands behind them. They even have good support. They have the best customer satisfaction. In my opinion they are over priced. If you just want a cool smartphone that works...get an iphone...if you want a bigger screen and more options...you have to go android. I just cannot stand the 3.5" screen...it seems tiny...but the quality of the picture is great. Rezound and nexus have similar screens. Where android needs some work is quality products the manufacturer stands behind with good customer support. Android has a bigger market share due to many models that appeal to different people, some are very inexpensive. Android fan here, I like the freedom to root, mod, run tons of apps, better processors, memory, and bigger screens. I also forgot 1 factor ...status symbol...if you own an iPhone you are obviously doing well. Some of this has changed but my friend got the iPhone 4s and I was like damn he must be doing well. I will just go sit in corner with my RAZR and wait for ice cream sandwich to arrive. Hopefully that will happen before I upgrade my phone. Ha ha!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    Obviously its going to be biased. This is an Android forum. But you can still have some respect for the companies in question.

Android for its constant push for better hardware and Apple for its direct integration of hardware and software.

Work is needed in both for sure.

Android needs less devices per carrier IMHO, and Apple needs to release a bit of their grip on what you as a user can control.

For me, android makes sense. I like to have some customization, and I think there is a lot of reverse engineering and such that happens because of locked devices. If everything was unlocked, we'd never have seen 2nd-init and such. That right there is "developing" in my eyes.

But all in all, I think that if you want to hack around and that, android is the way to go. Generally, iOS just "works" out of the box, because of the direct hardware/software relationship.

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    I like android and apple. Apple because their devices just work, where as android has some hiccups due to its fragmentation but that fragmentation leads to more device choices. While android offers a less locked down approach apple is, here's the device how we think it should be.

My main reasons for choosing android are:
    1. The many choices of devices.
    2. Screen size. Yes size matters.
    3. Ability to swap batteries. When I am on my phone a lot I use battery like crazy especially with 4G on my Nexus. But I don't have time to plug in while on the go so swapping batteries is much more convenient.
    4. LTE data speeds.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quicksilver7714; 04-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links