DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Next Best or Upcoming Android Phone to Buy

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    My DroidX has also died--nothing works right no matter what I do to it. But it is now 24 Apr 2012, I have found nothing about the Fighter. Any other great choices?

Quote Originally Posted by JaylisJayP View Post
    I'd hold out until at least April 12, which is the rumored date for the Fighter. It preliminarily looks like the Maxx with a much better screen and a better processor.

Of course, you could wait until May 10 when the Galaxy S3 is supposedly being revealed - that phone looks like a beast. Specs keep leaking all the time, but nobody knows if they're legit or not. A 1080p screen has been rumored.

I have an X2 with an upgrade available and I just couldn't bite on the Maxx because the screen sucks imo. The Fighter is supposed to have the same 3300 battery as the Maxx, which might push me to that over even the Galaxy S3 (which we don't even know if it's coming to Verizon).
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    You really can't go wrong with any of the current phones. I'd start looking into the current lineup instead of waiting for any speculated release date.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    I'd like to plug the LG Spectrum. I got a Rezound myself, but a friend of mine got a Spectrum and I have to say, it is pretty nice. The UI is ugly as sin, but it is snappy (Snappier than the Nexus and Rezound IMO) and has the best display on any Verizon phone right now. It is as good as the Rezound's but is a bit brighter and has deeper blacks. It has the 2nd best camera as well (The Rezound still holds #1 IMO). It also has Gorilla Glass.

The main downside is, well, it's LG. So good luck with any updates after ICS and ICS itself will probably be a while, though LG sears to God it is coming "soon". But if you don't care about that or plan to root anyway, this phone is a great deal. I think it is the cheapest of the top tier phones now (he got his from Wirefly for $90).
  4. msu
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus from DX
    I called last night to possible upgrade to the Galaxy and I had totally forgot about Verizon kicking in that $30.00 upgrade fee. So my $100 off went to $75. They have dropped the phone down to $199 which is nice, but I just can't make up my mind. I did run across Amazon selling the Galaxy Nexus for $49.99 on 2 year contract through verizon which to me sounds like a hell of a deal. Only thing that has me hung up on the SGN is the no expandable memory. That has been one of my hang ups with Apple all these years, beside Itunes.
    Either way it would be a step up from my DX.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Yeah the lack of expansion was the main deal killer for me with the Nexus as well. I might be able to live without a removable battery but I gotta have memory expansion options. The Amazon deal is only $50 for new customers...for existing customers it is still $150. Although that is still even better than Verizon's deal.

The Spectrum does have expandable memory and removable battery as well.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I bought the LG Lucid. It's mostly a nice phone but a couple of issues are causing me to send it back.

First issue is a just okay touchscreen. Coming from an original Incredible it is a disappointment. My wife's Rezound is as it should be and much better.

The second and bigger issue is the battery. It has longer life than the Rezound but it runs hot. Regularly 110 or hotter. It's been up to over 130. On top of that it takes much too long to charge for my liking. The extended battery solves both of these issues, but defeats the purpose of choosing to own a slim and smaller phone.

If the Spectrum isn't an improvement on the Lucid's shortcomings, I would stay away from it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  7. msu
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus from DX
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Yeah the lack of expansion was the main deal killer for me with the Nexus as well. I might be able to live without a removable battery but I gotta have memory expansion options. The Amazon deal is only $50 for new customers...for existing customers it is still $150. Although that is still even better than Verizon's deal.

The Spectrum does have expandable memory and removable battery as well.
    Ah, I must have been click happy when I was clicking yesterday. I now see the $149. I'm leaning towards the Rezound. I would totally go with Moto Razor if it wasn't so locked down. Iphone still a distant 3rd.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by msu View Post
    Ah, I must have been click happy when I was clicking yesterday. I now see the $149. I'm leaning towards the Rezound. I would totally go with Moto Razor if it wasn't so locked down. Iphone still a distant 3rd.
    The two big problems with the Razr are it's display and it's price...it is REALLY expensive for some reason. The new HD Razr will be awesome but of course it will also be $300. I did see a demo model of the razr at the Verizon store and someone had installed Launcher Pro on it...and it looked really really nice. That is the smoothest I have ever seen LauncherPro run.

I love the Rezound, but I have to admit, the Spectrum has the best display I have seen so far period, on any phone. As me and my friend are finding out though, there are NO accessories for it. There is one extended battery, but there are no cases that fit the extended battery. By contrast the Rezound is very well supported.

I would take any Android phone over the iPhone. I do not say that sarcastically, and that is not Hyperbole. I would take a G1 over any iPhone. If someone gave me an iPhone for free I would immediately eBay it and buy an Android phone. any Android phone. iPhone's are awesome hardware wise, and they do look slick, but using iOS feels like fighting in a closet.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    I bought the LG Lucid. It's mostly a nice phone but a couple of issues are causing me to send it back. First issue is a just okay touchscreen. Coming from an original Incredible it is a disappointment. My wife's Rezound is as it should be and much better.
    This must be an LG thing...I noticed the exact same thing on the Spectrum.

Part of me wonders if it is deliberate...it makes it harder to accidentally "click" on stuff, which can be annoying on capacitive displays.

Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    If the Spectrum isn't an improvement on the Lucid's shortcomings, I would stay away from it.
    Are you kidding? I cant think of anything the Lucid does better. I consider the Lucid a mid-range device. The Spectrum is a top tier device. It is every bit as good as the Rezound and Nexus and (IMO) actually better than the Razr.

I can confirm that the Spectrum battery does not run hot (at least not the stock one). If you get the extended battery for it though be warned, there are no cases that fit it.

EDIT: My friend found a case that fits the extended battery. It is a shell case sold by Verizon. It isnt marketed as an extended battery case because it will fit normal Spectrum's as well.
    Last edited by JeffDenver; 04-25-2012 at 12:47 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Last edited by t35rk; 04-25-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links