I am thinking of buying a first ever smartphone in my life... I was actually deciding between Iphone, Nokia E72 and Droid... Since all of those represent different ideologies in smartphone industry...
I am a Mac User, but I am really thinking, that hardware keyboard is a nice thing, and I am really thinking, that I should give a touchscreen a shot..
So I am left with Droid!
Now please happy (or otherwise) Droid owners, can you answer a couple of questions??
1) I may be mostly using Droid as a cellphone with some occasional Wi-fi and Office apps.. How long will the battery last, if I use Droid in Cell-phone mode only (only calls)...
2) I am aware, that Droid has some nice music players... So as an owner of $300 headphones (IEMs - Triple-fi's) I wonder - How long will Droid last as a player + cellphone? Can I expect somewhere around 2 days of use?
3) Can it be charged from computer? It has a micro-USB port for connection, right? How long does it take to charge Droid fully from notebook??
4) I am new to smartphones and battery issue is really worrying me.. I really want to just get Droid to use as ultimate digital companion... without having to end up with an extra cheap cellphone for just calling. Is it actually possible to use Droid on a daily basis and not get frustrated from getting "battery low" before I get home? I may be out, working for some 18-20 hours in the field, without any chance to charge the thing...
5) I have to type a lot.. Is Droid's hardware keyboard really comfortable for making long notes on the go? Say, 200 words notes? On my notebook I can type pretty fast, with my eyes closed...
6) I presume, that when Android 3.0 comes out it will be possible to install it on Droid, right? Or all that openness is not that open after all?
7) Droid's camera really sucks that much?? Can it be improved with some firmware updates?
8) Is the interface really smooth (compared to Iphones?) Like, really smooth and fast? I tried Nokia N900 and I don't think it's smooth at all..
9) I am a Mac guy.. Is it easy to get Droid synced with OSX??
10) Thank you very much for reading all this and thank you twice as much, if you decide to answer the questions... Sorry for the number of them, but 9 is angel's number and it's really the first time I ever thought of buying a smartphone.. Maybe it's the time?
P.S. (#11) I think of getting 1 spare battery for Droid.. Is it possible to get a charger, which will charge battery only? So I don't have to swap batteries for charging??