DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Android tablet selection help

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 1

Android tablet selection help

My funding is limited, but I want to make sure to get the best I can with my cash. I want a cheap tablet that has a good developer community. I will be definitely rooting the tablet so unlocked is best. I have been too busy to do a lot of my own research on tablet features. Full time work, full time college, and a baby on the way all are stealing my time. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Think you can grab a Xoom for fairly cheap now. Any first generation Android tablet has pretty good developer community support.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I had an Asus Eee pad transformer and loved it. It can be rooted easily. I just sold mine with keyboard dock for $400 but you should be able to pick up tablet only for around $300
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Under the circumstances you have described, I don't think you should even think about throwing your money on android phones. At first place, your life routine suggests an android will neither be able to improve your quality of life nor it will improve your production in any way. I would advise you to be focused on your studies and family. Save money for the future and get a low cost phone that can be used to make calls and SMS messages. Unfortunately, most of us are not in a position to spend money on these smart phones hence we follow the hype created by media.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephWoods View Post
    Under the circumstances you have described, I don't think you should even think about throwing your money on android phones. At first place, your life routine suggests an android will neither be able to improve your quality of life nor it will improve your production in any way. I would advise you to be focused on your studies and family. Save money for the future and get a low cost phone that can be used to make calls and SMS messages. Unfortunately, most of us are not in a position to spend money on these smart phones hence we follow the hype created by media.
    I am still rocking the og Droid and plan to until it dies out. My money situation is not so tight that buying a tablet would jeopardize bills or anything. I am a computer science major in college and my main reason for wanting a tablet is to make use of it for my classes. I will also be taking an android programming class next term as an optional course credit. 2 android devices to test out my code on would be nice.

That all being said, I do like the specs on the transformer. I may see about waiting a month or two just for price drops unless I catch a good deal. How is the dev support on the transformer?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Find support here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1104

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Links