DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Best Phone for Page Plus?

  1. Junior Droid
    SnoopKatt's Avatar
    Member #
    254968
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #1

    Best Phone for Page Plus?

    Hello,
    In a couple months, I am looking to buy a Droid. However, Page Plus will not let me activate 4G phones on their network (like the Charge or the Razr), so I'm limited to the original droids like the X2. As far as I can tell, it seems like the X2 is the best choice, but I just want to double check. What do you guys think? Ultimately, I just want a fast android phone that I can hook up to Wi-Fi (I honestly don't care about 3G or 4G).

    Thanks for any input!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,394
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #2
    Why won't they let you activate 4g phones? Is it because of the SIM card? All 4g devices can run 3g.

    But since you can't, the X2 is a solid choice. Another one to consider is the inc2, it's a very solid device as well
  4. Junior Droid
    SnoopKatt's Avatar
    Member #
    254968
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #3
    Thanks for the quick response!

    Since they piggyback off of Verizon's towers, they have some restrictions on what they can activate. They can't do iPhones, Blackberries, and 4G phones. I will check out the INC2 as well, thanks!
  5. Junior Droid
    SnoopKatt's Avatar
    Member #
    254968
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #4
    After doing some more research, I am definitely going with the Droid X2. I found one new for $285, and a two-year warranty for $52. The phone comes with a 60 day warranty by default. What is the failure rate of the phone? Would it be wise to get the warranty?

    Thanks!
  6. Master Droid
    silver6054's Avatar
    Member #
    139110
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    537
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    #5
    If it matters to you, the Inc 2 will be getting ICS and the X2 almost certainly won't

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  7. Junior Droid
    SnoopKatt's Avatar
    Member #
    254968
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #6
    I considered that phone, but I wanted the bigger screen and the higher resolution.

    The phone came today, and so far, I am really happy with it. I haven't activated it yet (I still have some time on an old plan), but hopefully that should go smoothly. Now that I have the phone, I hope to be a little more active in the forums :-)
  8. Droid Newbie
    preciousx14's Avatar
    Member #
    264487
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7

    Hello I have a question

    I have been with page plus for almost a year, but I would like to have a smartphone with that company. Currently im using the LG dare, phone calls, texts, pic texts and even the internet work on that phone. (I use the 30 dollar plan.) Since you mentioned you got the droid 2x I am wondering if everything works on the phone. Are you able to surf the web and get picture messaging? Also if you had to go through a process of breaking down the technology of the phone in order to get it to work on page plus. I had to follow a tutorial online to get the internet to work on my lg dare and it took me three hours to figure it out. I just want to know over all your experience with this phone. Thanks
  9. Junior Droid
    SnoopKatt's Avatar
    Member #
    254968
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by preciousx14 View Post
    I have been with page plus for almost a year, but I would like to have a smartphone with that company. Currently im using the LG dare, phone calls, texts, pic texts and even the internet work on that phone. (I use the 30 dollar plan.) Since you mentioned you got the droid 2x I am wondering if everything works on the phone. Are you able to surf the web and get picture messaging? Also if you had to go through a process of breaking down the technology of the phone in order to get it to work on page plus. I had to follow a tutorial online to get the internet to work on my lg dare and it took me three hours to figure it out. I just want to know over all your experience with this phone. Thanks
    Yeah, everything works great out of the box! I just activated it and I haven't found a feature that doesn't work.
  10. Droid Newbie
    tboy113's Avatar
    Member #
    352452
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    droid x2
    #9

    Droid phones for Page plus verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by SnoopKatt View Post
    Yeah, everything works great out of the box! I just activated it and I haven't found a feature that doesn't work.
    yes droid x2 is awesome for page plus, reception everywhere, does everything its supposed to... The only apps that will not work are the ones linked to verizon accounts, example My verizon acount, V Navigator, but use google navigation anyway other than that everything works.. YOU CANT GO WRONG..... I had Virgin mobile htc evo 4g and lost signals and no roaming.which means just sprint network.. sprint will roam off verizon in certain areas so do the math and Page plus has some awesome price plans.....and lets be real iphone phones just started 4g networks so 3g is still very good for most people..
  11. Rescue Squad
    UrbanBounca's Avatar
    Member #
    121587
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,095
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy113 View Post
    yes droid x2 is awesome for page plus, reception everywhere, does everything its supposed to... The only apps that will not work are the ones linked to verizon accounts, example My verizon acount, V Navigator, but use google navigation anyway other than that everything works.. YOU CANT GO WRONG..... I had Virgin mobile htc evo 4g and lost signals and no roaming.which means just sprint network.. sprint will roam off verizon in certain areas so do the math and Page plus has some awesome price plans.....and lets be real iphone phones just started 4g networks so 3g is still very good for most people..
    This thread is over a year old.

    Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 07:55 AM
  2. Phone Identity On Home Page?
    By MagicSquares in forum HTC Rezound
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
  3. About Phone page on 2.2.1
    By mrdorunjr in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 08:20 PM
  4. Phone keeps opening contacts page
    By lkjackso in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 04:27 PM
  5. Phone as home page
    By LouD in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 10:46 AM

Search tags for this page

best android for page plus
,
best android phone for page plus
,

best page plus phone

,
best page plus phones
,

best phone for page plus

,
best phone for pageplus
,
best phone page plus
,
best phone to use on pageplus
,
best phones for page plus
,
what is the best phone for page plus
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+