DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ahh Crap! Txting when I shouldn't have

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post
    I'm not trying to start with you either

The $3 for towing was because we went one mile over the AAA allowance, paid to the driver. AAA seems to be getting tougher on the towers, my wife had to come out to where I was to show her card and ID before they would tow, hadn't had that issue in FL, but I'm up north now.
    I see. That's funny, because I was riding with my cousin this fall and his car broke down. I called AAA and gave them my info, but the driver never asked for ANYTHING. Of course, Michigan's U.P. is definitely a unique little place...

As for the speech-to-text thing, I feel like I saw a video on 2.1 [Yeah, I know...] that showed that LOTS of things now had STT standard, including messaging. Maybe I've lost it, but I can remember the guy giving a demo using the stock messaging app and showing that it wasn't perfect, but pretty darn close...

Anyone else happen to see that video or one like it?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2.0
    RW Glad you are ok....God Bless!
  3. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    considering all the people who are hurt/killed by drunk drivers i can't imagine why anyone would be so ignorant as to be proud of such a stupid and idiotic behavior. when ya'll finally do get in an accident i hope you're the only ones to be hurt and i hope it's bad enough you never drive again.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killabyte View Post
    considering all the people who are hurt/killed by drunk drivers i can't imagine why anyone would be so ignorant as to be proud of such a stupid and idiotic behavior. when ya'll finally do get in an accident i hope you're the only ones to be hurt and i hope it's bad enough you never drive again.
    Wait...I'm confused. Are you talking about getting in an accident while texting/driving, or while drinking/driving?

Because my comment about driving drunk was COMPLETELY a joke...
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    talking about drunk driving. i'm glad you were joking
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Did anyone see "The League" episode where Ruxin uses his AAA service to have his car towed when he is too drunk to drive? I thought that was hilarious and brilliant.

NC just passed a no texting while driving law and it I still catch myself replying to a text on the road. It's always good to have a reminder about what can happen.
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    i've never done it because it just seems like a bad idea without even putting much thought into it. i have a friend who texts all the time while driving though. we argue about it a lot. he talks about his rights and this and that and i just calmly ask him each time "would you read a newspaper or a book while driving?"

if you think about it is it really much different than a woman putting on make-up while driving down the road, which a lot of them do? i'd say the level of distraction is on par with texting if not greater.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I tried it once or twice and thought to myself "wow, I can't drive while I do this." Strange how much easier it is to skip to the next song on my stereo but I can't easily push "y-e-s-send"
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Guilty as well!!! I think we have all done it at least once. For those who have made it unscathed, good fortune smiles - probably a good time to learn from the mistakes of others instead of the hard-way. I try not to read txt msg while I drive, let alone send them but at times I'm overcome with temptation (old enough to know better, too young to resist) and read/text while at a stop light. Took guts to post a mistake like that - it will probably be some time before you hear the end of it. Glad no one was hurt - happy texting
    All that and it's a phone too!!!!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by killabyte View Post
    he talks about his rights and this and that and i just calmly ask him each time "would you read a newspaper or a book while driving?"
    I see people do that all the time. I recently saw someone driving 70 MPH in rush hour traffic doing the crossword with the paper propped up on the steering wheel.

A friend of mine was recently hit while cycling (5 foot wide shoulder, all the way to the right) by a 19 year old girl that was texting. Just flat ran him over. Fortunately, he'll be OK.

Everybody thinks they've got it figured out "just glance for a second, type without looking then a quick glance to check, etc". BS. You can cover a lot of ground in that second. If you're driving, drive. If you want to text, stop and do it.

Oh, and I'm glad the OP is OK and even more glad that he didn't run over a 3 year old during his "brief" lapse.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links