Why Should I MOTO Droid?
Okay. I have a few days to decide whether i want to keep my droid eris or upgrade to the moto droid. Those of you who are droid carriers, I want you guys to tell me why i should upgrade from the eris to the droid. Since i havent experienced the droid for my self and most likley wont have enough time to fully experience it with someone elses or from a store, i want you experienced users who have played with the phone for months now to give me the experience that will persuade me. I really would like to upgrade to the droid, but in the end, i dont want to feel like i upgraded for no reason and emptied my wallet when the eris was good enough. I know that the specs are better on the droid, but specs dont always matter if the phone doesnt deliver to the standards that it could based on the specs. With that, id like to see some responses. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
I feel like the Droid is better quality. That doesn't mean that it IS, I just like the slightly heavier, more "expensive" feel to it.
I also like the option to use the hard keyboard if I am typing a lengthy email out, as I type much faster on a hard keyboard.
I've never used an Eris, but a co-worker has one...while it is definitely a nice phone, I like the feel of my Moto Droid much better.
That and I had a G1 and frankly I think HTC makes crap phones. But that's just a personal opinion based on my experience with only one other phone from that manufacturer.
You may want to ask a mod to move this thread or create a new thread in the general section. I think you'd get 50x more responses there.
kinda depends what you want to do.. wanna hack and play with ROMs and stuff? get the moto.. but if you don't NEED a physical keyboard, the eris is a fantastic machine. there is no need to "upgrade" to the moto unless you just have to hack something. the same will be true of the eris soon enough anyway though.
it's really personal preference.
Droid is an awesome device. If you're happy stick with your Eris... but if you like Android, you won't be disappointed with the Droid.
Thanks for moving this. Ive read and want to see more views. Thanks to those of you who have replied so far. Keep em coming :) :droideris: >:motdroidvert:?
I like the solid feel and weight of the Droid. I hardly use the physical keyboard since the buttons are so close together and I have big thumbs, but i do use from time to time. I like having the option to do so. I prefer Motorola over HTC in reliability of products. I haven't rooted it yet since I'm a noob but again, I like having the option to do so.
So There is nothing on the moto droid other than hacking (i kinda want to avoid hacking) that blows preference out of the water and make me say "i dont care if i prefer this eris, I have to have that droid"!
Originally Posted by Sam
It may or may not fit you better, but here's what I looked at (from a Droid user)
1. Faster CPU = more responsive UI and apps, and longer product life moving forward with newer versions on Android. The Eris uses the same CPU as the original Android phone (G1 on T-Mobile), and it's getting kinda long in the tooth.
2. Much better screen/graphics! Droid screen is larger, and WAY higher resolution (854x480 vs. 480x320), and it has a graphics processor in it for better game frame-rates. Videos look better than any other phone I've seen (including iPhone 3Gs), and it has a 16x9 aspect ratio so widescreen movies fill the whole screen.
3. "Google Experience" phone = quicker updates to new Android version. Eris has HTC Sense, which while nice, means you'll be waiting with every android release for HTC to port sense UI to the new version. I find that I like home replacement apps like GDE better than Sense UI anyway.
4. Droid comes with a 16GB microSD card. Lots of space for media right out of the gate.
5. Droid has the docking interface for car-mode and desk-mode.
Hope that helps!