DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry-like e-mail settings?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Blackberry-like e-mail settings?

Hey guys,

I've been doing a bit of research for my dad since he'll be upgrading to one of Verizon's smartphones in the near future. He's played around with my Droid and likes what he sees in general, but there was one thing that his buddies at the office with Blackberries showed him that he really likes.

Blackberry has that setting where you can either delete an e-mail from the handset, from the computer, or from both, and he sees that as a really valuable feature. Is this available on the Gmail app, the native app or any known third party app?

Thanks for your help.

-Dan

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Droid does. Simply sync your gmail with your Droid. If you delete from computer it will delete on your Droid and vice versa.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Droid does. Simply sync your gmail with your Droid. If you delete from computer it will delete on your Droid and vice versa.

Is it possible to delete from one and keep on the other?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    i think when you delete on the comp, it deletes completely, but when you delete on the phone, it goes to the trash folder. At least that is how it works for me with all of my email accounts that are synced to my phone (aol, gmail, my work exchange, and my school email)
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Try out K-9 Mail, it's totally superior to the stock email application.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid w/ v2.0.1
    when you delete from either it gets moved to your trash folder.
    as for deleting from one without it deleting from the other, the default gmail, or email app doesn't do that
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan at Marquette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

Is it possible to delete from one and keep on the other?
    Mine is set to delete on droid and keep gmail... you can choose what one you want
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I used to have an 8830 and 8330. While I can see at first this feature being appealing, I couldn't dream of using it now.

When I had my BBeries, I would have email pushed, then also have the Gmail app. So I would go throw, and delete all the email pushed to my phone, then keep it all on the email itself (gmail).

What I like that's different, is that the stock gmail app lets you view all your conversations, labels, starred, etc. I think this is far better. And you can search for emailed. view the trash, sent, etc all from the one app.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    There are settings on what to do if you delete on the phone. At least with K-9 there is. As the other poster mentioned, K-9 is much better than stock. It has some minor bugs but they are good about updating with fixes. Besides, it adds the select all, mark all read and delete all functions.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    AT&T SGS2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan at Marquette View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been doing a bit of research for my dad since he'll be upgrading to one of Verizon's smartphones in the near future. He's played around with my Droid and likes what he sees in general, but there was one thing that his buddies at the office with Blackberries showed him that he really likes.

Blackberry has that setting where you can either delete an e-mail from the handset, from the computer, or from both, and he sees that as a really valuable feature. Is this available on the Gmail app, the native app or any known third party app?

Thanks for your help.

-Dan
    Unless your dad has BES which is Blackberry Exchange Server he will want to go with the Droid. I am transition to a Droid today because I have only BIS which does not allow for Exchange. Downside of BIS is you can have up to and times more than 15 minute delay on emails. Also he needs to be aware that BB servers go down and you lose full function of email. Software on BB are slow and take forever to boot.

As for the Delete option it is over rated.With Blackberry if you delete from the Handset in GMAIL mine never got my deleted file. Also I have a home account with Charter that also does go to the deleted file. So if you want ultimate control get a Droid and steer clear of Blackberry.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links