DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Execution: Who has done it the best lately?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA

Execution: Who has done it the best lately?

So we are at the strongest point of the 4G evolution as far as Verizon goes. There are a great deal of 4G phones to be had. Tons of great ideas, but each phone has their bugs. What company with a phone on the Verizon 4G lineup do you think has executed the best phone release out of the box? No updates, no quick fixes, just plain jane, just setup and go.

Then who has executed the best first OTA?

All opinions of course. There may not be any TRUE winner. And judging by the number of Nexus owners over any other phone I assume that the front runner could be the Nexus simply due to the ratio of owners:good experiences. And I'm not talking about a specs war. I'm talking about reliability, quality, and functionality. Not talking about best screen, fastest processor, or thinnest form. I'm talking about a phone that just worked for the most part.
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus. It just works
    GNEX
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Rezound. End of discussion, lol, but curious why you would ask.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Last edited by t35rk; 02-15-2012 at 03:20 PM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    I'd have to give it to nexus for both, release and first update even though its not out yet officially. Phone was great on first day but after leaked update its just perfect.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    My Rezound has just worked out of the box. Other than Big Red crashes, I've had 0 problems with connectivity. I've had 0 self reboots , freeze ups or other bugs. The one update I got, it went surprisingly smooth for a Verizonized update

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    I ask because so many phone companies have promised this that and the other, talking a big game, but then have lacked in various areas. Batter life, reception, smoothness of operation, call quality, etc. Sometimes I wonder if a company genuinely cares about providing people with a sound device that out of the box work close to perfect. Then whatever they put on the phone after that they are totally responsible for. Then the news that HTC and Motorola have pushed their ICS releases back. I'm all for providing people with the most perfect release of a new OS possible, but don't go making big statements like that when you probably know you can't follow through. people have held out on the Nexus because they though that another company's release of ICS was coming out soon. Wrong. So (not me in particular) people are a bit ticked when they have to wait longer to get some improved battery life, GPU offloading, a few new features, etc.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by cp24eva View Post
    I ask because so many phone companies have promised this that and the other, talking a big game, but then have lacked in various areas. Batter life, reception, smoothness of operation, call quality, etc. Sometimes I wonder if a company genuinely cares about providing people with a sound device that out of the box work close to perfect. Then whatever they put on the phone after that they are totally responsible for. Then the news that HTC and Motorola have pushed their ICS releases back. I'm all for providing people with the most perfect release of a new OS possible, but don't go making big statements like that when you probably know you can't follow through. people have held out on the Nexus because they though that another company's release of ICS was coming out soon. Wrong. So (not me in particular) people are a bit ticked when they have to wait longer to get some improved battery life, GPU offloading, a few new features, etc.
    Thanks for answering.

Android isn't Apple, and not in a good way. Newly issued Android devices seem to be thrown against a wall to see which ones will stick. I too am frustrated when the Droid 4 comes out with an almost inexcusable screen, or the Spectrum with 4 gigs of internal memory and a sub par camera, or the Rezound with a lesser screen than a two year old Incredible. The list goes on. If Apple wasn't Apple, i'd make the switch.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    Thanks for answering.

Android isn't Apple, and not in a good way. Newly issued Android devices seem to be thrown against a wall to see which ones will stick. I too am frustrated when the Droid 4 comes out with an almost inexcusable screen, or the Spectrum with 4 gigs of internal memory and a sub par camera, or the Rezound with a lesser screen than a two year old Incredible. The list goes on. If Apple wasn't Apple, i'd make the switch.

yup, now we have to wing up. I mean the phones are not horrible, but for the prices they charge.... yeah. I didn't get my money's worth. whether I pay the non contract price or 2 year price.... either way it is I feel slightly cheated.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    I don't feel cheated. The fact that I can have a dual core pc in my pocket is pretty awesome! All of the mfg'rs had to do something to keep the price point down so that's my guess as to why there is no 'perfect' phone.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by cp24eva View Post
    yup, now we have to wing up. I mean the phones are not horrible, but for the prices they charge.... yeah. I didn't get my money's worth. whether I pay the non contract price or 2 year price.... either way it is I feel slightly cheated.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    I'm a big fan of the used market. I loved my used rooted Eris. I'm a fan of the Incredible 1 and Droid X. Big bang for the buck.

My car buying experience is like that too. I was stuck in the 80's until I recently bought a '95.

I'd prefer a cdma Nexus One.

Last edited by t35rk; 02-15-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links