DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What to do?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Razr Maxx

5 20.83%
  • Nexus

13 54.17%
  • Rezound

4 16.67%
  • Get a tbolt and hold out for somethin new

2 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: So many choices.....what do i do???

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by biggdave92 View Post
    i've been to 2 different stores 3 different times. i've spent a couple hours a day on the interweb looking at info and feedback. its a tough decision. if i use my upgrade i'm going to spend 250ish and going to be stuck with a phone for 2 years. If i get the tbolt i'll spend 150ish and be free to jump on the next big thing. I just have a feeling something awesome will be coming out soon.
    Well if your open to the short term used phone route, let me recommend the original Incredible that can be had for well under $100.

Mine has been a viable step from my D1. The LCD screen is arguably better than any of the 4 phones in the op. It can easily get you by for 6 months until more options are available, and you could then sell it for nearly what you paid for it. The price on the new phones on your list will all del by $100 or more so the used phone route makes sense. Plus you would get an HTC SENSE experience.

The TBolt is good, but the Dinc1 has less issues and a better screen. Find one for $75 and enjoy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Last edited by t35rk; 02-14-2012 at 04:19 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    The Nexus will be outdated when the Razr and the Rezound get ICS
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    VZ Galaxy Nexus
    I woul stay clear of Moto, once a new phone comes out they pretty much ignore the old one.
    OG Droid--> Droid 3--->Galaxy Nexus rooted running 4.1
    Asus Transformer Prime with ICS goodness
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    I can upgrade this saturday. I really like the maxx. Second is the nexus. 3rd is the rezound. 4th is to buy a thunderbolt off ebay and use that to hold me over for a few more months till something new comes out. I'm coming from a D1. What shall i do?
    What you do will depend on what features matter most to you. None of these phones is the best at everything. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

IMO: Rezound > Nexus > Spectrum > Razr Maxx

But if thin/light is the main feature you want, that order would look a lot different. It depends on what you want. I went into a lot more detail about my choices on this post here. For me, display and SD/removable battery were the main features I wanted first.

i've been to 2 different stores 3 different times. i've spent a couple hours a day on the interweb looking at info and feedback. its a tough decision. if i use my upgrade i'm going to spend 250ish and going to be stuck with a phone for 2 years. If i get the tbolt i'll spend 150ish and be free to jump on the next big thing. I just have a feeling something awesome will be coming out soon.
    If you are not in a hurry to upgrade, I would say get a Thunderbolt now and wait. The quad core phones will be out in a few months.

If you want the best thing right now, IMO it is the Rezound. It has the fewest problems and the most features overall. But it does have weak points just like all these phones have. You'd have to decide what stuff matters to you the most and what stuff annoys you the most.
  5. Darth Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Android 2.1
    Nexus, is a great phone *-*.

-AqworldThunder ^^ . *.* Thank me if i helped please!
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Depends on what you want out of a phone. More reliable reception, call quality, battery life...the Maxx. If its anything like my RAZR. Which it is just a bigger battery. The RAZR is nice out the box overall.

For other things...one of the other 2. I had a G Nex, RAZR and Rezound at one point. So I am speaking for a lil hands on experience. I also agree the dark horse is get the T Bot and wait to see whats coming at this point in time. After using a Rezound and G Nex...I still have my Rezound, no longer have a G nex....its a toss up between those two for what I mentioned in the first part and other things. Maybe 4.0.4. radios, update makes the G Nex better, cant really comment on that. Last updates I used was 4.0.3.

Just know that all these 4G phones can have data related issues...some less annoying than others. On that note... I recommend the RAZR Maxx as of right now for the best....overall....experience out the box. But...it all depends on what your wants n needs are.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Nexus has better developer support if your into rooting for sure, my battery is good on gummy rom but the maxx is better out of the box. If your looking for a great running phone with awesome developer support you can't go wrong with nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Last edited by Isak73; 02-20-2012 at 02:35 PM.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by Captmilk View Post
    The Nexus will be outdated when the Razr and the Rezound get ICS
    Yea, if Jelly Bean is considered "out dated"
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    If I spend too much time looking for a new product, I find myself sticking with what I currently have and not making a decision.
    Happened when I was looking for a new car, house, cellphone, etc.
    And I never really regretted not buying the new product.

The alternative is to buy something and then realize that the former product was actually better in some ways compared to the new product.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
    jroc likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links