DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a moto droid, comig from bb storm1

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Getting a moto droid, comig from bb storm1

Any words of advice from the previous Storm owners? I don't know anything about this phone and I've seen a lot of posts about rooting and overclocking. I don't want to do any of that but I have seen these phones with HTC backgrounds and weather widgets, fb, apps, etc. Question is, what is the app store on this phone and where do I get BASIC knowledge about this phone?

Most of the posts on this forum are more in depth. I'm a newbie on this phone so I'll need the basics at first. Thanks for any help.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    I came from a BB Curve and I just read this board alot and played with the phone.

The only thing you'll miss is profiles, but even then. You can download an app to do that.

The app store is called the marketplace and that will be on your phone by default.

Just play around with it and if you have any questions, search here, and if you can't find your answer, make a new thread.

Welcome to the fun side.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Your BB Storm is going to seem like a piece of sh*t after you get the moto droid. I came from using BB pearl for 2 years. Read the msg board, use the search button and trust everyones knowledge that the droid rocks. You won't be disappointed.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the quick replies, gents The one the verizon rep showed me was amazing looking with everything he had on it.

I do agree I'll probably hate the storm after I get the droid tomorrow. About the profiles, I won't miss them at all because I never customized mine. As long as it has loud, normal, vibrate, etc I'll be happy. I never change all that stuff. I just want to make sure I get fb alerts and weather updates. Weatherberry on the storm was amazing. I hope there is something similar to that on the DROID.

The google navigation is free as well, correct?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Yes, navigation is free as long as you have the data plan. Most of the applications are free as well. I've only paid for one so far.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well I should be all set then because if I have the Storm I aleady have the data plan so it should be as simple as activating it. I really hope I don't regret my purchase. Going TO a BB was a huge thing for me, now that I'm leaving it, I'm kinda nervous, especially about my email etc. lol
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Don't look back. I got $145 out of my used storm on Ebay. I don't miss it at all.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by elusiveaura View Post
    Well I should be all set then because if I have the Storm I aleady have the data plan so it should be as simple as activating it. I really hope I don't regret my purchase. Going TO a BB was a huge thing for me, now that I'm leaving it, I'm kinda nervous, especially about my email etc. lol
    I used the BB for 3 years. My last BB was the storm 1. The storm doesn't even compare to my droid. The droid is sooooo much easier to use, more customizable, and provides all the same features as BB except better. You won't look back.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    I came from BB as well (Pearl, then Storm2, but only had the Storm2 for 2 weeks), and I have not once regretted my decision.

I noticed your question about weather. There are several weather apps, some free and some paid (most apps I've used are $2 or less). One huge plus that I've experienced, as well as many others here, is the ability to customize the Droid. Make it my own, rather than 1 out of a million other phones that, more or less, look identical. Have a look through the Screenshots thread and you'll know what I mean.

You will not regret this decision, not for a moment. The only thing I've missed from BB world is BBM, and GTalk works (for the most part, the BB client has some weird bugs) on my wife's Curve, so I don't even miss that very much.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    WildeGreg
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    No regrets. I used storm for all my business and the Droid is so far ahead not even comparable. Syncing data and handling 9 email accounts is a breeze. Not paid for a single app yet. I am a weather nut too and have 4 free apps giving me more weather than I need.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links