I'm still trying to figure out how to work and use this freakin' phone. I consider myself pretty literate with technology, but for some reason, I'm at a crawling pace with this phone. I came from a BB and everything was pretty self-explanatory on how to do certain tasks. Anyways I have a few questions.
1. Is there any way to manually set vibrate preferences like you could on the BB?
2. Does my phone need to be rooted to delete factory phone items (Voice dialer, youtube, yadda yadda)
3. Is there anyway to lessen the sensitivity to my function buttons at the bottom? It seems like if I barely graze them, I either hit back, menu, home, or search.
4. Why cannot I access unsecured WIFI, after even going in and allowing WIFI access?
5. How do I set up my school email on my phone? It is a Microsoft Outlook based system (Exchange account, I believe?) I have went in and tried time and time again but still having no luck. I remember it being a PITA to setup on my BB because you had to put in information about it via the Email settings.
6. Why is my phone very slow to recieve notifications? Missed calls, FB notifications......if I get any at all, and app. updates.
7. How would I go about deleting the original messaging system to use Handcent or ChompSMS?
8. Is there any way to keep the phone from locking every single time the screen times out? (Keeping from having to hit the unlock button at the top and slide to unlock)
9. When the phone is plugged in, a faint backlight aluminates the phone. Can I turn this off?
These are just a few questions I have. I'm going to save this page and keep updating it with questions I come across instead of keep making new threads. I have searched some, but man there is a lot of stuff out there and I honestly and literally just do not have enough time to pick through all the material since I'm in school and working.
Thanks again, sorry if I'm pissing in someones fruity pebbles and beating a dead horse on some of these issues I'm having.