DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 4g lte in greenville nc

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROOTED OG , HTC tBOLT, GNex
    Yeah i was tripping when i seen it i ran like for speed test i remember one being 33.1 down 7 up which is crazy
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    That's blazing fast. If it's around 15-19 Mbps like I've had being in Charlotte and Raleigh I'll be happy.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    yeah before i got my gnex i had the tbolt first time 4g in Raleigh it felt like it killed the battery in a matter of mintues
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    Guys, I called my rep (Im in indirect sales for verizon in Greenville) and he said that they were showing that they had plans to "start" on the 4g in the next couple of weeks. Although this isnt confirmed its better than hearing 4g is here when its really not. And by no means am I calling bs on anyone, im just telling you what they told me.

-THEFILLTER
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    You maybe right im just saying in the past that typically when vz turns on 4g for testing that its going to be close to a release. I never listen to reps anyways its always hit or miss with them. Btw by saying 4g is here i should have said its coming soon becsuse i had it for a short period of a hour
    Last edited by runway500; 02-03-2012 at 03:34 AM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    They were working on the Verizon towers back in December changing out antennas, and the latest one they were working on was over near the airport. According to one of the regional directors at Verizon (this was back in December), he said they were hoping to get 4G turned on here in January, but now of course they have pushed it back to February or early March. The IT guy working for the Sheriff's office was told by the Verizon rep that all of the towers had been converted over already. They've definitely started on 4G in Greenville. You can look at Verizon towers and tell that there are new antennas up there (700 Mhz is what they are using for 4G). Hopefully within a month we'll see something.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboy7 View Post
    They were working on the Verizon towers back in December changing out antennas, and the latest one they were working on was over near the airport. According to one of the regional directors at Verizon (this was back in December), he said they were hoping to get 4G turned on here in January, but now of course they have pushed it back to February or early March. The IT guy working for the Sheriff's office was told by the Verizon rep that all of the towers had been converted over already. They've definitely started on 4G in Greenville. You can look at Verizon towers and tell that there are new antennas up there (700 Mhz is what they are using for 4G). Hopefully within a month we'll see something.
    Letsssssss goooooooooooooo
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I just happened to be at the corporate Verizon store one day in December, and there were 3 Verizon big wigs visiting. One was the regional director, and then a lady that was that guys boss, and the other one of their assistants I suppose. The guy told me they were going to start testing the 4G network here in Greenville in January, and to keep an eye on my phone.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    @MVPanthersFan11
    Phone
    G-Nex
    I hope we get it turned on soon! I've been in Raleigh the past few weekends, and it's blazing fast!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Hopefully in a few weeks *crosses fingers*
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links