DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone choices for Feb-March 2012 on Verizon, what would you choose and why?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The rezound is not a global phone! It doesn't work in Israel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    No, it is unlockABLE. That is an important distinction.

You have to unlock it on HTC's website. Doing so potentially voids part of your warranty (I can go into more detail, but the short of it is, there are potential consequences). I assume this applies to the Galaxy nexus as well (it also has to be unlocked, though you probably dont need to go through Samsung to do it).

After it is unlocked, you can use the 1 click root method to root it.

That was a pleasant surprise. It isnt something I would ever use personally, but its not a bad thing.
    (Also, there is FM radio hardware as well in the Rezound).

I poo pooed the Thunderbolt when it first came out. I can confirm that the Rezound has NONE of the issues the Thunderbolt had. Even the battery life with the stock battery is not that bad.
    I ment to say unlockabke. My keyboard sometimes jumps to its own predictions.

Although since I can unlock my Nexus with out going through Samsung my warranty is not void.

Also I did spend quite a few hours with the Rezound when it came out. It seemed to still have battery issues though. But to each his owne. If the battery life has improved that's great but I
    I was stating my opinion and specifically left out the above info as I did not own the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    I ment to say unlockabke. My keyboard sometimes jumps to its own predictions.

Although since I can unlock my Nexus with out going through Samsung my warranty is not void.

Also I did spend quite a few hours with the Rezound when it came out. It seemed to still have battery issues though. But to each his owne. If the battery life has improved that's great but I
    I was stating my opinion and specifically left out the above info as I did not own the phone.
    Battery life on mine has been better than it was on my Droid 1. Maybe I am behind the times and battery expectations have shifted.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    My upgrade is due in February, and I originally wanted the Thunderbolt. It's near EOL, but I didn't care. That was, until the Rezound price was reduced by $100, and possibly more by the end of February. Personally, I like the Sense UI. The default Google UI is getting quite boring, IMO. The Nexus has ICS, but as I mentioned, I like Sense, and I'm in favor of ICS with Sense.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    My upgrade is due in February, and I originally wanted the Thunderbolt. It's near EOL, but I didn't care. That was, until the Rezound price was reduced by $100, and possibly more by the end of February. Personally, I like the Sense UI. The default Google UI is getting quite boring, IMO. The Nexus has ICS, but as I mentioned, I like Sense, and I'm in favor of ICS with Sense.
    The Thunderbolt is a good phone IMO, but the Rezound is far superior in every way. It is worth the $150 or whatever to upgrade.

You can eBay the iBeats earbuds for $70 if you dont want them.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    The Thunderbolt is a good phone IMO, but the Rezound is far superior in every way. It is worth the $150 or whatever to upgrade.

You can eBay the iBeats earbuds for $70 if you dont want them.
    That's probably the road I'll take. I only use my current device for talking, texting, and surfing. I honestly don't remember the last time I plugged earphones into it.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    samsung fascinate 2.1
    The rezound is a great phone. I purchased one and loved it while I had it. But honestly, and don't flame me please, I missed my tbolt. I missed the weight, the width and especially the kickstand. Also I love the keyboard with the arrow keys right on the bottom. I know these may seem silly reasons, but its wary made me take the rezound back. And even though I left the dual core phone and dropped back to single, I honestly didn't see THAT much of a difference in performance. The only thing I liked about the rezound was the bigger battery.......which is why I kept it and returned my rezound with the tbolt battery. But the rezound is still a great phone, no doubt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    How did the Thunderbolt have a different keyboard? They both use Sense (HTC Keyboard). If it was a 3rd party keyboard, you could just install that on the Rezound too...I am using the iTap keyboard.

I can understand the appeal of arrow keys. But all the new phones have a "magnifying glass" that hovers above your finger and allows for precision movement...so I dont really use arrow keys anymore. That way is just easier.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I've spent a little bit of time with a few of the phones but I'm still torn.

Razr Maxx - Pro - Badass battery life makes this a good pro for me
    Pro - Slim profile
    Con - Battery is not replaceable
    Con - Screen doesnt look as good as Rezound/Nexus
    Con - No ICS
    Con - Locked bootloader

Rezound - Pro - Nice display
    Pro - One of the faster processors
    Pro and Con - Unlockable but has to be done through HTC and voids part of the warranty
    Con - No ICS
    Con - Cheaper build feel, not solid like my OG Droid

Nexus - Pro - ICS
    Pro - Nice display
    Pro - Unlockable with no warranty void
    Con - Had friends tell me battery life is kind of crappy

Since I listed no ICS as a con, I will say that yes, I am aware that the rest of these phones should get ICS, but lets be honest, we might wait 2 weeks or 8 months fior that upgrade and I'm not sure if I want to get ICS 2 months before I upgrade again. If I could get something from HTC, Motorola giving a timeframe within a month or so I would feel better about choosing them.
    | Samsung Galaxy Nexus | HTC Thunderbolt | Motorola Xoom 4G LTE |Motorola Original Droid 1 |
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    islandfellow
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    For me I got my eyes on the Droid 4, I gotta have a keyboard

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links