DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone Problems

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Phone Problems

Hello all, first time poster pretty much. I have been having a couple of really odd problems with my phone. I'm on my third one at the moment in 3 weeks to the day today. The first phone sounded very static like when some one talked to me. The Verizon rep even heard it, got a replacement. 2nd phone, I would call and I could not hear the person on the other end. Reset phone and would work for a day. Took it back, 3rd phone did the same thing and now will just turn off in the middle of a call or just sitting there or when I check email. No reason. I have a Droid and I don't have many apps at all. I really am not a heavy user of my phone as I am a service tech and my company provides one for me. Any insight is appreciated.
    Apps: Google maps, Google sky, barcode scanner, pandora, celtic football wall paper. The folks at Verizon even exteded my 30 day take back time frame which I thought was pretty cool. They really have been great. I like the phone would like it a lot more if it worked like it should. Thanks again for any help.

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Nix Google Sky....then powercycle phone (turn off/on)
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Done, I will see what happens. Just curious, why would that cause a problem.
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    I ran into a problem when I used it : )

I'm not going to guarantee it will work for you but you never know.

I see that you are new here and I didn't get the chance to welcome you, so welcome : )

If it works let us know and vice versa.

Good luck
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Nix Google Sky....then powercycle phone (turn off/on)
    Curious, I've used Google Sky quite a bit (it was one of the first apps I installed) and haven't had any problems with it. But then I think there are program 'combinations' that effect things more than many programs do individually. As much as I like the concept of the market Google needs to get some control or at least start testing apps for stability. Just my $.02
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Yeah its certainly strange KZI. That's why its so hard to troubleshoot problems and this is the perfect example. You had no problem and I did. So it goes : )
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 (GPA 17)
    Yes it makes sense that certain combos could be bad. I suppose it wise to just put one app on at a time and see if there are any issues.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    As much as I like the concept of the market Google needs to get some control or at least start testing apps for stability. Just my $.02
    I agree 100% with you. I've had way too many apps make my phone bug out. I consider myslef lucky when I get a new one that doesn't crash my phone or make it as slow as cold molasses. That's pathetic, IMO.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2.0
    Curious, I've used Google Sky quite a bit (it was one of the first apps I installed) and haven't had any problems with it. But then I think there are program 'combinations' that effect things more than many programs do individually. As much as I like the concept of the market Google needs to get some control or at least start testing apps for stability. Just my $.02

Right on.....I have only had problems with the phone when I get trigger happy and try putting too many or even un proven apps on the phone... Great Observation KZI. I hope you are staying warm and dry with all that snow coming down!
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthinker View Post
    Right on.....I have only had problems with the phone when I get trigger happy and try putting too many or even un proven apps on the phone... Great Observation KZI. I hope you are staying warm and dry with all that snow coming down!
    LOL, Thanks, and yeah I've stayed warm. Luckily I haven't had to go anywhere today. My fiance got stranded downtown though. She and some coworkers are having to stay at a hotel so they can get to work in the morning because the roads are to bad to risk driving home (turns out most people in Nashville DON'T live in or near Nashville, almost everyone commutes pretty far). Think we've had over 4" so far, as much ice as snow. It's pretty nasty. And just getting worse
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links