DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think is the best new Android phone?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus

18 54.55%
  • HTC Rezound

10 30.30%
  • Motorolla Razr

5 15.15%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Galaxy Nexus Vs Rezound Vs Razr

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The RAZR will have ICS before you know it, and the Rezound maybe sooner being unlocked. Aside from people who obsess over fonts and icon colors, I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to recommend the GNex.

Some people act like not being unlocked/flashing is going to leave your device behind, but ICS is pretty polished so I think that's overrated. Even if you never got another update beyond ICS, it wouldn't remotely be like being stuck on 2.0 or 2.1. Froyo was a big leap and ICS is a big leap, but I can't see another such big leap for Android outside of some features that are already done well with various apps in the market (i.e. Locale, Tasker, a number of widgets).

I think the next big leap for Android will be laptop replacement capability (something far beyond that Webtop gimmick). And NONE of this current crop of phones have near the power to do that, so you won't be missing anything.
    jroc likes this.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilla View Post
    My upgrade date is tomorrow, which I had planned to do my upgrade then...but oh know can't decide fully on one between the gnex and razr
    both have pros and cons
    Gnex for roms and development which I want to learn more of, but still worried about signal issue
    razr because I have had droid, droid 2, and droid x2 *mind you all from CLNR* I love the build quality, I like the direction of blur. but the locked bootloader

Think in end be the Gnex but that Razr is mighty fine looking device
    Rezound has better resolution, better one hand fit, battery options and rom opportunities (if you are a rom junkie), the razr IMO though, is the better device:

1. Better build
    2. Better call quality
    3. A lot easier to see and use outside
    4. Better contrast and a lot less glare
    5. Faster device backed up by performace using N64 and PSX emulators (the 720p seems to drag the Rezound down)
    6. Much better touch response (like the Gnex, the Rezound has issues due to the tight pixel area on a small display with 720p)
    7. Webtop options (I have the Atrix Lapdock and works great)
    8. Separate HDMI and micro USB and located on top, so not on side (can be awkward if using the devcie and charging at same time).

This link sums up my points about the device in regards to speed, touch and contrast/glare.

Regardless of the comparison, I would be happy owning the Rezound- if the Razr were not an option. The Gnex is the least preferred of the three due to:

1. No sd slot and the internal storage displaces, as you install apps (less media space). I do not like relying on cloud data.
    2. During testing noticed the range for wifi and 4G coverage were less than the Razr and Rezound.
    3. Though it can be easy to hit capacitive buttons by mistake, it is REALLY easy hitting the display nav buttons when playing games on the Gnex (especially game emulators)
    4. The touch issues on the Gnex make game emulators close to unplayable (at least until Samsung fix it or the app devs update to handle the small 720p displays= not sure which is the real issue).

Though I was a rom junky with the G1 and Incredible, the Razr works great and even better with root and bloat frozen.

I like playing game emulators and the Razr is actually fun to use with the virtual pads for a lot of games. N64 is a great test app for real world grunt work of the chipset. Razr plays Golden Eye and
    Destruction Derby smooth, but the Gnex and Rezound do not at all.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX/Transformer Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Rezound has better resolution, better one hand fit, battery options and rom opportunities (if you are a rom junkie), the razr IMO though, is the better device:

1. Better build
    2. Better call quality
    3. A lot easier to see and use outside
    4. Better contrast and a lot less glare
    5. Faster device backed up by performace using N64 and PSX emulators (the 720p seems to drag the Rezound down)
    6. Much better touch response (like the Gnex, the Rezound has issues due to the tight pixel area on a small display with 720p)
    7. Webtop options (I have the Atrix Lapdock and works great)
    8. Separate HDMI and micro USB and located on top, so not on side (can be awkward if using the devcie and charging at same time).

This link sums up my points about the device in regards to speed, touch and contrast/glare.

Regardless of the comparison, I would be happy owning the Rezound- if the Razr were not an option. The Gnex is the least preferred of the three due to:

1. No sd slot and the internal storage displaces, as you install apps (less media space). I do not like relying on cloud data.
    2. During testing noticed the range for wifi and 4G coverage were less than the Razr and Rezound.
    3. Though it can be easy to hit capacitive buttons by mistake, it is REALLY easy hitting the display nav buttons when playing games on the Gnex (especially game emulators)
    4. The touch issues on the Gnex make game emulators close to unplayable (at least until Samsung fix it or the app devs update to handle the small 720p displays= not sure which is the real issue).

Though I was a rom junky with the G1 and Incredible, the Razr works great and even better with root and bloat frozen.

I like playing game emulators and the Razr is actually fun to use with the virtual pads for a lot of games. N64 is a great test app for real world grunt work of the chipset. Razr plays Golden Eye and
    Destruction Derby smooth, but the Gnex and Rezound do not at all.
    Great write up!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links