DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: iphone or droid

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by majikapple View Post
    I did give droid a try, a couple of times... On Droid Pro release (total fail), I couldn't get with the battery drain. That seems to be a huge complaint among all my friends that have droid. Another issue I hear a lot about is lag. With my iPhone, i experience no lag at all. Oh, and one last thing, what about the security issue. Ive heard android is the most vulnerable to attack. ???
    Yeah, huge mistake, to be honest, stay away from Motorola devices in general, or anything with Global in it, they are the devil. Through my time with the Droid, if I wanted too, I could have this phone for another 3 years and be fine with it, that's how much of an impact the modding community had on it. If you go with a Android Phone, to completely get the most out of it, make sure your phone has the developer modding community, it is essential. I've been hearing a lot of buzz on the forum about the HTC Rezound as well, but since it doesn't have ICS on it, and the community support isn't there, go with the Nexus.
  2. majikapple
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    That's a stupid Apple rumor about Android security. Just like the fact that Mac's can't get viruses.

And the Droid Pro was a fail. I don't know why anybody would buy it. I am not your typical Apple basher, but I don't like the false information.

X
    Not saying the information was true. Thats why Im here, to get both sides. I gave up on the possibility of android after the Pro. But i think there are some cool android phones out there now so if someone here can help to change my mind on apple.... awesome.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by majikapple View Post
    All good points. However, there is no need to sync it to the computer anymore. Also, Im an hour+ away from 4G service.
    To use anything other than iTunes, you either need to jailbreak or use a computer. I had my touch jailbroken so I could download free music without using a computer.

I will admit, Apple has some of the best screens. I am jealous of that.

X
    -Brad
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The nexus browsing experience is in a different level that apple can't touch. 4g which even though you don't have, is a plus, huge screen super amoled 720p and yes it is better than retina display, open source meaning you can put whatever you want on it, also you have something different. Not to mention your phone isn't entirely made of glass.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    To use anything other than iTunes, you either need to jailbreak or use a computer. I had my touch jailbroken so I could download free music without using a computer.

I will admit, Apple has some of the best screens. I am jealous of that.

X
    Get an Ipad and have the best of both worlds.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Some people be acting like crackheads when a new iPhone comes out. Lol
    For one iPhones runs on 4g and below, android runs on 4glte it's way faster
    Android alows much more personalization, iPhones set everything up for you and u can't change much.
    Androids allows you to change the coding format on your phone, iPhone doesn't. Basically guy iPhoneo only is big because it's an Apple Inc product, they know great marketing. its like a designer phone that everyone wants for the name. Trust me I have an Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and my mom has the iPhone 4S I compare em all the time and the android is waaaaaaaaaaay better!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using DroidForums
  7. majikapple
    And this is another question I ask myself when thinking of switching... How can one phone (iPhone) outsell I don't know how may android phone models combined. How is that possible if android is so popular? Is it really just because of us "fanboys" that are caught up in this "apple" image???? I just read a report of how many iPhones were activated compared to all android phones activated orver the christmas weekend... Wow. There has to be more to this other than "fans". GOOGLE is huge!! whats going on?
  8. majikapple
    Quote Originally Posted by isaiah1210 View Post
    Some people be acting like crackheads when a new iPhone comes out. Lol
    For one iPhones runs on 4g and below, android runs on 4glte it's way faster
    Android alows much more personalization, iPhones set everything up for you and u can't change much.
    Androids allows you to change the coding format on your phone, iPhone doesn't. Basically guy iPhoneo only is big because it's an Apple Inc product, they know great marketing. its like a designer phone that everyone wants for the name. Trust me I have an Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and my mom has the iPhone 4S I compare em all the time and the android is waaaaaaaaaaay better!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using DroidForums
    Galaxy S II... Is that the phone on the commercial with android mocking the iPhone users in line??? That commercial makes me crazy!! haha
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    To me, the iPhone is for people that want a nice simple phone that just works. And that are able to pay up the arse to use. ITunes gets very expensive and prices are likely only going to raise. But I could be wrong. To mention, it's Apple. So insurance and deductibles on the phone are also a lot more expensive. It is a good phone, but like it or not, you're paying for a brand. And Apple is usually always more expensive.

I love Android due to how open it is compared to the iPhone. Out of the box you can do more than a jail broken iPhone. And to me, jail breaking still isn't that much of an improvement over stock. iNav was the only real theme I ever liked on it and that was because it was the closest to the android experience. Most iPhones are just all the same, which is extremely boring. There's no variety which is no fun. If you look at two different android phones that aren't even rooted or from people that aren't even that into all the customization stuff, you're likely to to see a complete different set up because everyone's tastes different. IPhone doesn't have that.

Not to mention Apple hates people that jailbreak.

Android has much better customization, variety of phones to fit a persons needs, faster speeds(4g), bigger screens yet still able to fit comfortably in your hand, and so on. The Samsung commercials mention this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by isaiah1210 View Post
    Trust me I have an Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and my mom has the iPhone 4S I compare em all the time and the android is waaaaaaaaaaay better!!!
    So, why is it waaaaaaaaaaay better? Give us some specifics!
    "There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't."
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links