I am starting this thread because after some research it appears that their are a lot of screen protectors and such out their and i want a central place for some of the potential reviews and peoples input about the whole assortment. I as surprised to not see a review thread already on this site but better sooner then later. I have a Motorola Droid and going to get a Nexus soon but that shouldn't matter to much since most of the companies just cut out different shapes, their product is the same stuff. Ill start by throwing in a couple links on different screen protectors i have found, used or want to know about. All input is appreciated.
* Construction Area
Reordering a bit, Sorry for the confusion here.
1) Known Area
Best Skin Ever (BSE): Link.
- Price. Even at the full price now, it is one of the cheaper options.
- Seems to be quite sturdy. I am not going to attempt to scratch it, but it appears to be the same material that was on my OG Droid (also a BSE) and it was quite durable.
- Clear It doesn't seem to interfere with the viewing of the screen. No orange peel effect. I watched a youtube video and played a game prior to application, and did the same after application. *note* I don't have 20/20 though.
- Good fit. It basically goes edge to edge for me with very left exposed.
- In one of the corners it isn't as accurate as it was prior want it to be. As mentioned above I just installed it less than 12 hrs ago, and haven't used it much since, so I hope this will go away with some time.
- While it is smooth, it isn't as frictionless as glass. It isn't rubbery by any means, but I could tell a difference between glass to protector. Personally I don't have a problem with this, but some folks might.
Thank You cupfulloflol.
- I am terrible at installing these things. It seems to take me forever to get the bubbles out. I struggled with this one too. Not that this is overly difficult, I am all thumbs when it comes to this stuff.
- It ships in a letter envelope with red typing on it saying "Your Skin Inside". Nothing fancy but gets the job done. I could see how some folks may consider this a con, especially if you are the type that tends to get messed up mail.Rearth Ringbo: Link.
- Precision cut, fits. Cut out for the ear speaker and FFC (not a big chunk like others)
- Dry application went pretty easy. Bubbles worked out easily. Instructions say that the minor bubbles or surface imperfections would diminish in a day. They did.
- Hard surface
- Smudges wipe off easily
- Fits to the case edges
- Really clear when the phone is ON (see Cons)
- With the phone OFF, minor orange peel seen over black when not looking straight on. (May not be a problem for some.)
- Protector is too stiff for the curved edges of the Galaxy Nexus - won't lay down, leaves a translucent edge all around the inside edge of the case and above the ear speaker.