But I have several questions.
Keep in mind I have never owned a smartphone before, but do have some good computer knowledge. A lot more than the average user, but less than programmers etc... I have done my research though and do own a jailbroken ipod touch and have played with my girlfriends BB.
- I know you can change the look of the UI with apps, whats the learning curve using these? I tried sweeterhomes and home++ and was confused. Sweeterhomes was very confusing and home++ only seemed to give me icons at the bottom and thats all I could edit.
- What other apps can be used to edit the UI. List all of them please. I do not find the defualt one attractive, but that's the only downfall I can find with phone from testing it.
- As mentioned before, I have a jailbroken iTouch. I have heard the Droid has its own "jailbreaking" called rooting. How safe is it? Where is the best guide on how to do it, with making a backup?
- If I do root it, can I get 2.1? Will downloading 2.1 just cancel out all my rooting?
- What are roms I keep seeing?
- I hear with rooting you can tether. Now I know you could do this with other verizon phones(dumbphones) by hacking into the service menu. The only downside was that if verizon caught you doing it you, you would be slapped with a huge bill
- Will rooting it make me incur any non normal charges?
- If I don't use the default SMS app, will I be charged differently for text messages or will be the same as if I used the one that came with the phone?
- I hear this phone has GPS so to speak? Does this cost extra money?
Thanks. Hopefully I can order it online ASAP