DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Synchronizing Outlook Contacts with Google Contacts

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola

Synchronizing Outlook Contacts with Google Contacts

Is there an application out there that will allow you to synchronize your Outlook contacts with Google contacts? I am currently using Google calendar to sync with Outlook calendar and it works great. I would also like to synchronize my tasks.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    No, I don't think there is yet. You could sign up for Google Apps, evidently there's a solution there, but that will cost you some $$. You can send your contact list to Google Contacts as a .csv file, but it will likely need ALOT of editing when completed. I find the easiest manual way is to convert a new contact to a vCard then import it to Google contacts. Works perfectly, but is a royal pain!

Good luck. Hopefully someone will come up with a better solution soon.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    What about The Missing Sync from markspace? Not free but I like it..
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. I purchased it and have just finished my first sync. However, I noticed that some of my contact information such as address and other phone numbers did not sync. Have you noticed this problem?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrimmett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. I purchased it and have just finished my first sync. However, I noticed that some of my contact information such as address and other phone numbers did not sync. Have you noticed this problem?

I haven't personally had that problem (had a small issue with some media missing but it came up after I unmounted) but you can try this from their website:

If some or all of your contacts are not showing on the device, following a sync, it is likely that the contacts are ON the device, but that they are not displaying, properly.
    When using The Missing Sync for Android, and a DROID device, specifically, you should ensure that you enable the display of ALL contacts.To do this on the Android Device, go to:

Menu> Display Options> Missing Sync

Ensure that each of the options has a check mark, especially the ALL OTHER CONTACTS option.

6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrimmett View Post
    Is there an application out there that will allow you to synchronize your Outlook contacts with Google contacts? I am currently using Google calendar to sync with Outlook calendar and it works great. I would also like to synchronize my tasks.
    I sync my Outlook Contacts and Calendar with Google with Sync2. It works absolutely awesom. as far as I know it doesn't sync Tasks yet, but I don't miss this functionality. In general I'm extremelly pleased with it
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    There is also this Google Android sync | Sync Droid, Nexus One, and CLIQ with PC software like Outlook, one of the sites sponsors.

I would use them before missing sync, missing sync always seems to be missing something.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    So it's appropriately named?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Thank you all very much for your feed back regarding syncing my Droid. Now that I have google contacts syncing with Outlook contacts, I noticed that my Droid does not have the same number of contacts as Google contacts? What could cause this?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible Verizon

I think I figured it out

I use Outlook at work for contacts and Calendar and as everyone has probably figured out, using Google sync for the Calendar works beautifully. But as I add new contacts to my Outlook the quesiton was how do I get these onesy twosy individuals to my new Incredible phone?

Well...... I DID IT!!!!

God I hope I am not the only one that has figured this out. Then again I did this on my Incredible and I am assuming it will be the same for the Moto Droid. This is what I did.

1) I exproted the individual contact to a .vcf to my desktop.
    2) I then sent the file to my Incredilbe via bluetooth (I got a dongle on my computer here at work)
    3) After the transfer was complete the phone tells me so and when I clicked on the file transfered, the phone asked me do I want to import .vcf file?
    4) After jumping for joy in falling on this landmine of goodness I said HELL YA!!

Now it did miss a few things. Media (ringtone) Picture and groups did not come along. But the address and phone and email all showed up. So its not perfect but it worked.

Hope this helps.

Links