DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: People of the Forums, why do YOU suppose some Android users are moving to Iphone?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    2+ years ago verizon customers wanted the iphone but vzw could never get the deal done. So people settled for the storm 1/2 and then the droid. Those people been wanting the iphone for so long but did not want to leave the better network for it so they just waited. Once the iphone finally released they just went and bought what they was waiting for any way.
    I was kind of thinking the same as what you posted, but the conversion rate from Android handsets to the iPhone on VZW has been less than expected. Some articles were forecasting wholesale switching from Android to iOS, but that hasn't occurred. Sure, the iPhone 4 and 4S sales on VZW were some of the strongest in recent time, but the pace of Android activations on VZW continued by-and-large unchanged.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    @Chef_Cloutier
    Phone
    LG G2
    That is because you have to wait for the update and see if it will work with the overlay on top of it (ie blur, sense, touchwiz). If you want true support likr the iphone then get a nexus.
    Well its seems like the iPhone has a lot more popularity and case selection and support from general manufactures than the nexus.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    LG G2 going so fast that you can't even see it move.

3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Problem is iphone fans are not thrilled with the 4s. Its plagued with battery issues that iphone users are not accustomed to. Android is actually building up faster than people realize while apple is topping off. In the end its gonna come down to what people prefer. Its like whe a guy asked me should he get an android tablet or an ipad. My answer was what phone do you have. If you have an android phone get an android tablet or if you have an iphone get an ipad that way you dont have to pay for similar apps twice and you are already use to an os/form factor.
    jroc likes this.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino94 View Post
    None of android based companies want to build quality. They would rather keep making more devices than fix ones that have issues. They also would rather make products that have known issues and make money than fix the problem and fix that problem for all devices that possibly could have that issue in the future. [snip...]
    Meh. I have had Android handsets from HTC and Moto. I think that by-and-large, the manufacturers produce a quality handset compared with the iPhone. The one area where there is a bit of an issue is in the O/S integration, and that is something that comes with Android. If you want a total 'solution', where there is recourse if the applications that ship with the handset don't work, get an iPhone. If you are willing to do some of the technical support involved to get to resolution of technical issues, Android may be a fit for you.

At the end of the day, it is up to the individual to decide what works best for them. Android is not for everyone, just like iOS is not for everyone, either.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino94 View Post
    Well its seems like the iPhone has a lot more popularity and case selection and support from general manufactures than the nexus.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    True and that is because iphone was wise in choosing on design and one concept so that any one could build accessories for it. With android you have different sizes, different versions, and its hard for a manufacturer to keep up. About time you release a product people already moved on to the next. But even with that we are seeing manufacturers gradually build devices for android because of its increasing popularity.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Problem is iphone fans are not thrilled with the 4s. Its plagued with battery issues that iphone users are not accustomed to. Android is actually building up faster than people realize while apple is topping off. In the end its gonna come down to what people prefer. Its like whe a guy asked me should he get an android tablet or an ipad. My answer was what phone do you have. If you have an android phone get an android tablet or if you have an iphone get an ipad that way you dont have to pay for similar apps twice and you are already use to an os/form factor.
    The 4S is a real let down. I sometimes wonder if Steve didn't pass on taking some comfort knowing that he wouldn't have to defend the 'issues' that were going to be exposed with both the handset and the OS release. The iPhone 4 was head-and-shoulders a better handset than the 3GS. IMO, the 4S is not a head-and-shoulders improvement over the 4.
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    actually i think if you coming from the 3s its a huge leap and worth the upgrade. But if you have the 4 wait until next year. In away apple is smart (whether it be accidental or intentional) but do gradual changes so that every 2 years you keep your fans glued to an update with out alienating your current fans ie motorola with droid 3 bionic and razr d4.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    actually i think if you coming from the 3s its a huge leap and worth the upgrade. But if you have the 4 wait until next year. In away apple is smart (whether it be accidental or intentional) but do gradual changes so that every 2 years you keep your fans glued to an update with out alienating your current fans ie motorola with droid 3 bionic and razr d4.
    True that. Maybe Apple just did a really bad job of managing expectations on the 4S. I know friends who were completely amped up and ready to eat an early termination fee to get what they were expecting to be released. When the 4S was released, their response was basically it is not worth an ETF, much less the added cost of the handset.
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    I may look at an iPhone when my upgrade comes available, but will probably end up with another Android. Apple has nearly perfected their product, while Samsung, HTC, and Motorola would rather create another phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  10. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    I could never wrap my mind around the thought of owning an iPhone...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links