DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAZR for Penny OR wait for Galaxy Nexus?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony_rada View Post
    I my self will wait for the nexus. I have had a few Motorola devices and have loved them. But we all know what the nexus is packing and I'm sure we are all excited for this. The Droid 4 should've been the Droid 3 that's just my opinion.

Sent from my DROID 3 using droidforums.
    Thanks for the input. I agree about the Droid 4. it should have been 3, but it sounds like a decent option now that it will have a better processor, 4G, and maybe a better keyboard?. ........... yes we are excited about the Nexus. I'm hoping we see verizon announce the release date next week.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by busab View Post
    I love my Razr. I have no regrets buying it. So far it has been the best phone I have ever owned. I am getting fantastic battery life out of it and its build quality is fantastic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Glad you like your Razr. From the reviews and specs, it sounds like a great phone. I know I wouldn't be disappointed with it, if i ended up going that way. thanks.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cebosound View Post
    Probably right about the possibly spending more money on the penny deal than the upgrade... that's what i have been trying to figure out. ..... I currently am using a Droid X. I don't have Gingerbread at the moment. I have it rooted and I haven't figured out (or tried) how to add the rom for it. I am a little new to Rooting/Roms/etc .
    Basically the D4 and the razr have gingerbread so it'd be the same on software. Besides the different blur. The hardware would be a little different. But I'd wait for the nexus a whole new user experience.
  4. Joj
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid 1
    Do you have to keep the data for 181 days or keep that line for that time. There was talk when bionic was on the 1 cent sale that you could switch out to a dumb phone on the new line after it was activated and move the new phone to your unlimited line. Anyone done this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joj View Post
    Do you have to keep the data for 181 days or keep that line for that time. There was talk when bionic was on the 1 cent sale that you could switch out to a dumb phone on the new line after it was activated and move the new phone to your unlimited line. Anyone done this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    You have to keep both service and phone on the line you purchased the phone on for 181 days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    You have to keep both service and phone on the line you purchased the phone on for 181 days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Yeah , this is what I gathered from my research also.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The Razr's a fine phone, but seems like you have a little doubt in your mind about the purchase. The cost will fade away eventually, but you'll still have the phone. I'd say go with the phone you want, not the one with the best deal.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Liderc View Post
    The Razr's a fine phone, but seems like you have a little doubt in your mind about the purchase. The cost will fade away eventually, but you'll still have the phone. I'd say go with the phone you want, not the one with the best deal.
    Good Point.

I was at an Authorized Agent today and got my hands on the Razr. It definitely felt like a quality phone. I compared the thickness to my phone, Droid X. I felt the like the Razr was noticably thinner, but not by all that much IMO.

If the "Amazon Penny Deal" was for upgrades I would have probably already made the move for the Razr. But since its not, it allows me to keep some clarity, resulting in me making a more educated decision; thus leading to, hopefully, more patience for the nexus.

Thanks for everyones input so far.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have an individual account and the contract is up on Dec 29. Verizon says I can cancel the account for $130. I am going to purchase three phones before Christmas in a family plan. Does anyone know of a reason that would prohibit me from cancelling my existing account and getting the three new phones in the penny pincher deal?

I really want to wait for the Galaxy Nexus but this deal is really good for someone purchasing multiple new phones. Maybe I could possibly return one of the phones for the Galaxy Nexus if it comes out in time?
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I called Amazon and they said they can't add lines to an existing account. They also said that Verizon does not consider someone a new customer until they have been away for 60 days.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links