DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird overnight charging

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

Weird overnight charging

Plugged my phone in last night to charge and woke up this morning to find battery at 0%, and none of the widgets working properly - the ScreenMode icon disappeared, no time or weather in Beautiful Widgets. After a few minutes they all came back on and the battery went to 100%. I then tried to type a text and no letters came up. I waited a few seconds, then it started working. What the hell is going on? The battery cover is not loose and it is a Blackberry charger.

Between this, static on calls, and missing text messages, this phone is getting kind of annoying,
    Last edited by funken; 01-26-2010 at 07:59 AM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Charging through your computer or plugged into the wall?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Wall......
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by funken View Post
    Plugged my phone in last night to charge and woke up this morning to find battery at 0%, and none of the widgets working properly - the ScreenMode icon disappeared, no time or weather in Beautiful Widgets. After a few minutes they all came back on and the battery went to 100%. I then tried to type a text and no letters came up. I waited a few seconds, then it started working. What the hell is going on? The battery cover is not loose and it is a Blackberry charger.

Between this, static on calls, and missing text messages, this phone is getting kind of annoying,
    Well i would say call verizon on this one, or take it to the store to see what they advise. With what your describing, it is definitely very odd. I would want a new phone asap if that didn't stop.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by funken View Post

just curious as to why you're using the BB charger and not the OEM one. you should always use the OEM charger, especially with this phone.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Well this might seem silly but I woke up to the phone at like 10% battery after it was plugged into the wall with the factory charger all night.

Turns out I hadn't plugged it in properly and it was at a little bit of an angle. Always check the light on the side and that the icon and switched to the charging one.

Past that do what they said and call Verizon and use a factory charger.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp3aK View Post
    Well this might seem silly but I woke up to the phone at like 10% battery after it was plugged into the wall with the factory charger all night.

Turns out I hadn't plugged it in properly and it was at a little bit of an angle. Always check the light on the side and that the icon and switched to the charging one.

Past that do what they said and call Verizon and use a factory charger.

X2 on this. I've plugged in the charger and it usually goes in crooked - and doens't charge the phone. I have to snap it down so it is -| instead of \| like that. I've gotten used to it though so it never happens anymore.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    those little hooks on the micro USBs are going to give lots of people problems. what's weird is my wife's phone doesn't seem to care about the hooks as much as mine do. thats why i like the multimedia dock. goes right in, no clipping required.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    i belive i have heard someone having this problem or a similar one fixed it by doing a battery pull
  10. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    you should really use the charger that came with the phone instead of your BB charger.

There's been multiple threads on Rogue Droids when different chargers were used on them. Might want to stick to what was given.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links