DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandora

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII

Pandora

My wife's Incredible 2 has a ton of problems playing Pandora, where it would play about 45-60 seconds of a song and then skip. This is on 3G as well as WiFi. I've tried installing previous versions of the app, but can't seem to get it working. She won't let me root / ROM her phone, although there's nothing to indicate that it would fix the problem anyway. Pandora on my Thunderbolt and HP Touchpad (CM7) run fine.

With that said, after doing some research, it looks like this is not phone specific and others are having the same problem. I'm curious to know how many in the community are affected. Perhaps if we can get enough people to bring some visibility to the extent of the problem, we might be able to get the Pandora developers to fix it.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    My wife's Incredible 2 has a ton of problems playing Pandora, where it would play about 45-60 seconds of a song and then skip. This is on 3G as well as WiFi. I've tried installing previous versions of the app, but can't seem to get it working. She won't let me root / ROM her phone, although there's nothing to indicate that it would fix the problem anyway. Pandora on my Thunderbolt and HP Touchpad (CM7) run fine.

With that said, after doing some research, it looks like this is not phone specific and others are having the same problem. I'm curious to know how many in the community are affected. Perhaps if we can get enough people to bring some visibility to the extent of the problem, we might be able to get the Pandora developers to fix it.
    Hmmm...I wonder if you might try settings in pandora and make sure its set to normal..the higher settings can make skips...
    Also check the memory and see what else may be running causing this to fail? Other than that, it may well be Pandoras updates. Since the new ads I've had some buffering issues. But I use an old version that's transparent and MODed to give me the best possible experience....hope this helps some!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by droid2drummer View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder if you might try settings in pandora and make sure its set to normal..the higher settings can make skips...
    Also check the memory and see what else may be running causing this to fail? Other than that, it may well be Pandoras updates. Since the new ads I've had some buffering issues. But I use an old version that's transparent and MODed to give me the best possible experience....hope this helps some!

I have tried every setting. It has to be an update. I even tried the themed versions in the Pandora UL thread, and it still wouldn't stop skipping songs. My wife is ready to throw the phone out the window (of course it didn't help that I had to do a factory reset because the Dialer app went bonkers). I really liked the Incredible 2 when it came out, I just feel like I'm gonna have problems with it.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID X2
    It's not the phone. It's Pandora they've been ha ing problems for awhile now. I emailed them and they said it's only with Verizon customers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Gblake13 View Post
    It's not the phone. It's Pandora they've been ha ing problems for awhile now. I emailed them and they said it's only with Verizon customers.

I don't think it's the phone either...but from my wife's perspective (who hates technology), she's frustrated. She loves her Pandora. I'm on Verizon, and I don't have any issues (with my Tbolt). I've seen the Incredible, Bionic and Droid phones all be affected.

Two questions for you: 1) Can you share the email address you used? 2) Did they give you a timeframe for an update that fixes it?
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I have tried every setting. It has to be an update. I even tried the themed versions in the Pandora UL thread, and it still wouldn't stop skipping songs. My wife is ready to throw the phone out the window (of course it didn't help that I had to do a factory reset because the Dialer app went bonkers). I really liked the Incredible 2 when it came out, I just feel like I'm gonna have problems with it.
    Honestly...When or if I have a problem with a phone and especially the dialer, and your not rooted, I would return it...when problems start, they generally persist...after all the resets and no go..call verizon and replace it..if you feel its a hardware/stock software issue..as for Pandora, yes, they are aware of all the complaints of the updates and (suposed to fix) but idk...Good luck, and never fear calling the carrier for replacement! (Not that you do fear) lol

7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Gblake13 View Post

Haha just saw your post..Nice! That's right!

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Its verizon doing it....data throttling....I have the same issues...never used too,Its criminal IMO....Were paying for unlimited from the device,I use under 2Gb monthly and Im getting throttled like no tomorrow....my other smartphone uses under .3GB monthly as its home and on wifi 90% of the time....
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Dodge View Post
    Its verizon doing it....data throttling....I have the same issues...never used too,Its criminal IMO....Were paying for unlimited from the device,I use under 2Gb monthly and Im getting throttled like no tomorrow....my other smartphone uses under .3GB monthly as its home and on wifi 90% of the time....
    Search for a throttle modder..I use them when I get them no more throttle..lol

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Dodge View Post
    Can you prove this? It also does the same thing on Wi-Fi, which means it's the app / Pandora servers. How are you able to tell you are being throttled?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links