DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Baby Monitor on Droid?

  1. Droid
    checker555's Avatar
    Member #
    5209
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Baby Monitor on Droid?

    Woudn't that be cool? I would love an app for that. Probably not feasible, but would be cool.

    I guess there probably isn't a huge "mommy" droid user demographic, though.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    nerdbox08's Avatar
    Member #
    22363
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,154
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by checker555 View Post
    Woudn't that be cool? I would love an app for that. Probably not feasible, but would be cool.

    I guess there probably isn't a huge "mommy" droid user demographic, though.
    It would be a cool feature, but you would have to have a connective device to leave with the baby.

    Possibly someone could write an app to scan frequencies and match the phone up to it, but I really am not sure about it.
  4. Droid
    checker555's Avatar
    Member #
    5209
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by checker555 View Post
    Woudn't that be cool? I would love an app for that. Probably not feasible, but would be cool.

    I guess there probably isn't a huge "mommy" droid user demographic, though.
    It would be a cool feature, but you would have to have a connective device to leave with the baby.

    Possibly someone could write an app to scan frequencies and match the phone up to it, but I really am not sure about it.
    Exactly--I already have a monitor, but I'd love being able to use my Droid for the receiver end. Silly idea, but would be cool for me. But I guess they're probably all on different frequencies and it probably wouldn't be practical to develop.
  5. Junior Droid
    Hamsteak78's Avatar
    Member #
    12984
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by checker555 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by checker555 View Post
    Woudn't that be cool? I would love an app for that. Probably not feasible, but would be cool.

    I guess there probably isn't a huge "mommy" droid user demographic, though.
    It would be a cool feature, but you would have to have a connective device to leave with the baby.

    Possibly someone could write an app to scan frequencies and match the phone up to it, but I really am not sure about it.
    Exactly--I already have a monitor, but I'd love being able to use my Droid for the receiver end. Silly idea, but would be cool for me. But I guess they're probably all on different frequencies and it probably wouldn't be practical to develop.
    You're right about the frequencies. The Driod doesn't have a radio that would pick them up.
  6. Beta Team
    Flomaster's Avatar
    Member #
    27560
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,073
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    _Flomaster
    Phone
    DROOOOOOOOOOOiid
    Premium Member
    #5
    there are baby apps I have one on my droid and its fantastic I leave my droid in the room with the baby and I can be across the street with the wife and if he crys it will call my wifes phone from my droid. one of us can go over and check on the lil one.

    the app is called " Noise alert "
    scan this QR code with your barcode app

    or just search the market for Noise Alert
    NoiseAlert v1.0.1 Application for Android | Lifestyle

    -=Jason=-
  7. Droid
    MQAAord's Avatar
    Member #
    4048
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Verizon Motorola Droid
    #6
    Yeah, the "Mommy" demographic probably doesn't have high numbers....

    Count me as one though! My two are 4 and 6. I'm a small-business-owner building a business while home with the Critters.
  8. Droid Newbie
    samteeadam's Avatar
    Member #
    58685
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7

    Droid Baby Monitor

    It just seems silly to have to leave your Android with the baby. We put together a real video baby monitor app package for the Droid.

    Basically you take a pan-n-tilt IP camera and get it going with a DNS service, then use the IP Cam Viewer app. You can now view and pan-n-tilt the camera in real time on your Droid.

    And unlike a normal baby monitor with limited range, you can go anywhere the Droid has service and check in on the camera.

    I thought this would be cool for going out to dinner and checking on the kids and baby sitter. We also have some daycares trying it out allowing parents to check in from work or anywhere.

    Also works on iPhone, iPod Touch and on the PC with IE.

    Check out the demo video on Droid:


    iPhone and PC vid:



    Here's a link for more info:
    iPhone Baby Monitor Droid Baby Monitor - NextStepIP Monitoring Solution - NextStepBabyMonitors.com



    - Adam
  9. Beta Team
    Flomaster's Avatar
    Member #
    27560
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,073
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    _Flomaster
    Phone
    DROOOOOOOOOOOiid
    Premium Member
    #8
    adam thats rad thanks im looking into your setup now

    however you are mistaken when you say that "the droid isn't as good as the iPhone"
    just sayin'

    -=jason=-
    Last edited by Flomaster; 04-14-2010 at 12:51 PM.
  10. Senior Droid
    machineheadg2r's Avatar
    Member #
    7379
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    216
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #9
    Just get nextel you can teach the kid how to chirp YO DADYO WHERE U AT
    BB0.3 OC'd @ 1000mhz
    Darkedge
    ChevyNo1 7 slot 1000mhz kernel
    Bodyglove Case and Invisishield
  11. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #10

    noisemaker with noise alert?

    would noise alert work if you have a noisemaker in the room? the noisemaker is set pretty loud, but it's a steady sound

    i can totally see how that could be beneficial if we were traveling and forgot our monitor or it broke (which we have two and they're both struggling!) or something along those lines...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Heart rate monitor app
    By ryno136 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 08:51 PM
  2. Droid as Backup Camera monitor - Possible?
    By pangler in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
  3. SysTray Monitor: Most Convenient and Useful Battery/Mem Display
    By droidhunter in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 09:17 AM
  4. It's Droid, Droid, baby
    By cereal killer in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
  5. I am Droided baby!
    By atomicwedgie in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 10:00 AM

Search tags for this page

android app baby heartbeat
,
app to hear baby heartbeat android
,
baby heart monitor app android
,
baby heart monitor app for android
,

baby heartbeat app android

,

baby heartbeat app for android

,

baby heartbeat monitor app for android

,
fetal heart monitor app for android
,
fetal heartbeat monitor app for android
,
pick up baby monitor on android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+