DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Nandroid backup for idiots guide.

  1. Beta Team
    HolyGrail's Avatar
    Member #
    16136
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    370
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #1

    Nandroid backup for idiots guide.

    Ok I have search for the past hour, this forum, alldroid forums, crackberry droid forums and I cant find the answer. I just rooted my droid, and would like to put on the multi-touch browswer, and most instructions say "make sure you do a nandroid backup", but every search I have done doesn't explan how to do this. I can't move on because of this and its making me really frustrated. Help please.
    Last edited by HolyGrail; 01-25-2010 at 05:17 AM.
  2. Droid
    tats_06's Avatar
    Member #
    26565
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    http://www.mydroidworld.com
    Posts
    98
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
    Ok I have search for the past hour, this forum, alldroid forums, crackberry droid forums and I cant find the answer. I just rooted my droid, and would like to put on the multitouch browswer, and most instructions say "make sure you do a nandroid backup", but every search I have done doesn't explan how to do this. I can't move on because of this and its making me really frustrated. Help please.
    Here is the one I just posted from CyanogenMOD: How to do Nandroid Back UP and Restore

  3. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #3
    im pretty sure that link is not for the Droid. thats not even how you get to recovery mode. uou hold "x" and the power button to get to recovery mode...and for the droid, in order to make nandroid backups and restores you HAVE to install SPRecovery first

  4. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #4
    go to rootyourdroid.info and you can get SPRecovery .99.2b there which is the latest version. this will have a step by step guide as to how to install it as well as making nandroid backups/restores...

  5. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #5
    you shouldnt even need an "idiots guide" its not that hard to do. i installed a month ago with just using the forums and tutorials that are all over the place. im just concerned about all these people asking questions like this whenever it sounds like they shouldnt be messing with it if they dont know what their doing to that extent...ive seen A LOT of questions like this recently and Ill bet we see more bricked droids than ever!! cause from the looks of it people are rushing to root and hack their phones because it seems like the "cool thing to do"..IF YOU DONT FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOURE TRYING TO DO FRONTWARDS AND BACKWARDS BEFORE YOU DO IT, THEN DONT DO IT!! These things can SERIOUSLY damage your phone so learn everything about it BEFORE you do it

  6. Beta Team
    HolyGrail's Avatar
    Member #
    16136
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    370
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    you shouldnt even need an "idiots guide" its not that hard to do. i installed a month ago with just using the forums and tutorials that are all over the place. im just concerned about all these people asking questions like this whenever it sounds like they shouldnt be messing with it if they dont know what their doing to that extent...ive seen A LOT of questions like this recently and Ill bet we see more bricked droids than ever!! cause from the looks of it people are rushing to root and hack their phones because it seems like the "cool thing to do"..IF YOU DONT FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOURE TRYING TO DO FRONTWARDS AND BACKWARDS BEFORE YOU DO IT, THEN DONT DO IT!! These things can SERIOUSLY damage your phone so learn everything about it BEFORE you do it
    Thanks for the help. I'm pretty tech savvy, but even the most tech savvy people are not (right away) going to understand a OS they don't know. Its just after a hour of searching couldn't find a walk through guide on how to do a nandroid backup on the droid. I found guides for the G1 and the Eris, and another guide, but it had broken links. My frustration arose an I got stuck. I will try your advice and check out rootyourdroid. I did get multi-touch working by the way. All I can say is wow, this browser kicks ass. Its smoother then the 2.0.0 That I just upgraded from. No choppiness. Milestone Browser > 2.0.0 > 2.0.1 Thanks again.
    Last edited by HolyGrail; 01-25-2010 at 05:40 AM.
  7. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #7
    youre welcome man, thats a helpful site. Im not trying to be mean i swear. it just worries me that people arent taking that stuff seriously...ive done a lot of stuff with ROMs and what not and I had a CLOSE ONE just the other day...it was truly scary. the multitouch browser thing really isnt that big of a procedure compared to some of this other stuff with the actual ROMs. And youll probably lose your multitouch default browser if you install a new ROM, just make sure to make nandroid backups before yoh do those things. what the backups do is make exact copies of your system file, data file, etc. all the important stuff in the main parts of your phone, so that if something does go wrong, you still have the exact copies of all those core elements of the phone that make it work...

  8. Beta Team
    HolyGrail's Avatar
    Member #
    16136
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    370
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #8
    No roms for me, just waiting for 2.1 After I do the nandroid backup, I have to figure out how to stop OTA updates, so long night for me.
  9. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    youre welcome man, thats a helpful site. Im not trying to be mean i swear. it just worries me that people arent taking that stuff seriously...ive done a lot of stuff with ROMs and what not and I had a CLOSE ONE just the other day...it was truly scary. the multitouch browser thing really isnt that big of a procedure compared to some of this other stuff with the actual ROMs. And youll probably lose your multitouch default browser if you install a new ROM, just make sure to make nandroid backups before yoh do those things. what the backups do is make exact copies of your system file, data file, etc. all the important stuff in the main parts of your phone, so that if something does go wrong, you still have the exact copies of all those core elements of the phone that make it work...
    I take you very seriously and I hope others do too. That's why I don't root my Droid even though I do consider myself a bit tech savvy. But after looking at the "how to" I said, "Nope, not for me."
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
    No roms for me, just waiting for 2.1 After I do the nandroid backup, I have to figure out how to stop OTA updates, so long night for me.
    wait, if you want 2.1 then why are you blocking up OTAs?

    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    youre welcome man, thats a helpful site. Im not trying to be mean i swear. it just worries me that people arent taking that stuff seriously...ive done a lot of stuff with ROMs and what not and I had a CLOSE ONE just the other day...it was truly scary. the multitouch browser thing really isnt that big of a procedure compared to some of this other stuff with the actual ROMs. And youll probably lose your multitouch default browser if you install a new ROM, just make sure to make nandroid backups before yoh do those things. what the backups do is make exact copies of your system file, data file, etc. all the important stuff in the main parts of your phone, so that if something does go wrong, you still have the exact copies of all those core elements of the phone that make it work...
    I take you very seriously and I hope others do too. That's why I don't root my Droid even though I do consider myself a bit tech savvy. But after looking at the "how to" I said, "Nope, not for me."
    and thank you very much Hook I appreciate that, and yeah, if someone doesnt feel comfortable about doing these things and doesnt fully understand it then they should not attempt it. Or otherwise they run the risk of totally screwing up their beloved and very expensive device...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Nandroid backup How to???
    By Prerunnerseth in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 08:38 AM
  2. nandroid backup?
    By Ack in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
  3. How long should Nandroid backup take?
    By lvlln in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
  4. need clean 2.0.1 nandroid backup
    By bL33d in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
  5. Nandroid Backup Error
    By Californian in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Search tags for this page

droid eris nandroid backup
,
how do i make a nandroid backup
,

how to create a nandroid backup

,

how to make a nandroid backup

,
making a nandroid backup
,

nandroid backup eris

,

nandroid backup guide

,
nandroid backup instructions
,

nandroid backup tutorial

,
nandroid instructions
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+