DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    T-Mobile Note 3 Stock unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    So you're wanting to send your account information including password or ss# to someone you don't know on the internet?

Have you inherited many diamond mines lately?

Quote Originally Posted by MonKENy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    You're joking right?
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Why would I be joking? Obviously The reps that are helping out here are knowledgeable, and have said themselves that sometimes...you know what..I dont have to explain myself to you. If you dont have something constructive to say than dont say anything. jesus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    If its one of the ppl that is a known verizon rep then...yes? Its no different than giving your info to a complete stranger thats a rep over a phone. You have the same chance of the person on the other end writing down your info as you do someone on here keeping it. You have LESS chance, Because im sure the ppl on here who want to help arnt going to screw someone over after they are so blatant about what they do. That would set them up for OBVIOUS liability.

So with that being said, Could a Verizon rep please pm me and I will give you a phone # (or give me one that I can call you at) so you can answer some questions for me.
    Last edited by MonKENy; 01-05-2011 at 06:59 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by MonKENy View Post
    im sorry where in my post did I say I will give someone my ss or password? But to answer your question..if its one of the ppl that is a known verizon rep then...yes? Its no different than giving your info to a complete stranger thats a rep over a phone. You have the same chance of the person on the other end writing down your info as you do someone on here keeping it. You have LESS chance, Because im sure the ppl on here who want to help arnt going to screw someone over after they are so blatant about what they do. That would set them up for OBVIOUS liability.

But to clarify for people [Mod Edit]...pm me and I will give you a phone # to contact me so you can answer some questions for me.
    I guess you still aren't getting that there is that there is no way to know someone here is an employee. When you make a call to customer service, where else is it going to go? Of course it's an employee when they are on the other end of 611.

No employee would risk their job looking up account information for someone on a forum.

This has phishing or stalking written all over it.
    Last edited by tp7six; 01-08-2011 at 04:02 PM.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    so i just upgraded my line on my parents family plan to a smart phone on 12/18/10 with 2 year contract. i understand they are removing the new every 2 thing they had but customers with plans before the cut off date still have 1 more opportunity to use it. so im wondering when i will be able to use the upgrade.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Won't know until after the the 16th
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Flip
    sorry for the large text block.

I am currently on a family plan with my sister (has a blackberry) and my two parents (both have old flip phones, as do I). My 2-year plan is up (verizon), so I am eligible for an upgrade and want to go with an android phone. I would prefer to get one of the new 4G LTE phones but it appears they are all a few months away. I was wondering if I were to use my upgrade on a free HTC Incredible, would I be able to use one of my parents upgrades in a few months to replace my HTC (to a new phone, and they still have their flip phone)? Or would using their upgrade from a flip for a new android (even though it will replace my phone) force us to take on a third data pack (blackberry, free htc, and the new upgrade)? Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Dewey
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    T-Mobile Note 3 Stock unrooted
    you dont HAVE to use the upgrade now. Just save it till the phone you want comes out.

And I guess thats a no on help from a rep then?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Question for a REP...

I got my bill today and i was 30$ over my text plan.
    in the past i have been able to call and get the higher text plan and have it retoactivated for the previous month? when i called they lady said she would change my plan but wouldn't be retod...
    should i just pay the 30$ or do you know a way to save me a couple of dollars!!
    any help would be great
    DROID Bionic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Question for a REP...

I got my bill today and i was 30$ over my text plan.

in the past i have been able to call and get the higher text plan and have it retoactivated for the previous month? when i called they lady said she would change my plan but wouldn't be retod...

should i just pay the 30$ or do you know a way to save me a couple of dollars!!

any help would be great
    Just pay the 30, sorry.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    If you're still in your cycle, you can have a new plan backdated. If you've already been billed, you're screwed (which is how it should be).

Source: personal experience as a VZW customer.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey77772002 View Post
    sorry for the large text block.

I am currently on a family plan with my sister (has a blackberry) and my two parents (both have old flip phones, as do I). My 2-year plan is up (verizon), so I am eligible for an upgrade and want to go with an android phone. I would prefer to get one of the new 4G LTE phones but it appears they are all a few months away. I was wondering if I were to use my upgrade on a free HTC Incredible, would I be able to use one of my parents upgrades in a few months to replace my HTC (to a new phone, and they still have their flip phone)? Or would using their upgrade from a flip for a new android (even though it will replace my phone) force us to take on a third data pack (blackberry, free htc, and the new upgrade)? Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Dewey
    You can absolutely use their upgrade! Nothing will need to change regarding their features or anything.
    The only issue is, if they want to upgrade anytime soon, they can't because you used their upgrade.
Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Links