DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 82 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    one last question, dunno if you can answer this, 23 year old kid, first "on my own" plan. been on a family plan. i don't talk on the phone a ton, so i need the least amount of minutes. but i want the data plan which is $29.99. What is the minimum I'm going to have to pay every month after fees and stuff like that? Anywhere I can find out what im gonna be charged?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    if you have a discount on your plan from an employer it will be around 90 ish unless that 69.99 plan comes to market

the plan would be 450, unlimited text, pix, vid, and web.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    $90 every month? or is that just for the first time counting in the activation fees?

don't see how $40 + $30 turns into $90+.. even if you factor in the discount (which is about 20%)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    That's with unlimited text. Also you have to factor in taxes whick average around 15%-18%.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm1058123 View Post
    $90 every month? or is that just for the first time counting in the activation fees?

don't see how $40 + $30 turns into $90+.. even if you factor in the discount (which is about 20%)

Sent from my DROIDX
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I have a D1 and I want to delete my Gmail account, that was originally set up with my phone. I haven't used it since it was set up and forgot the password. I've tried to retreive the password but no luck. I thought he used the email address for the password also but thats not working either. I have another Gmail set up and just want to use that. I think you have to have Gmail for this phone, correct?
    Thanks Bill
    Last edited by blackdog043; 12-08-2010 at 12:31 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Only way to remove the primary Gmail is a full wipe, but you can always add secondary gmails.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Thanks I'll just leave it on there then, just can't retrieve any email from it.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Wireless Phone Protection or Total Equip Coverage?

My Droid 2 Global arrived on Monday. I've been really enjoying it. When I ordered it I selected the $6 Wireless Protection Plan. What would the $8 Total Equipment Coverage (Wireless Protection + Extended Warranty) do for me that the $6 plan would not cover? It seems to me that the extra $2 is just redundant. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Much Thanx
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Your phone has a 1 year warranty on it covering any mechanical or software defects. The extended warranty does what it sounds like, extends your warranty past one year.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Galaxy Tab
    Okay, so this one has me baffled. I thought I knew what I was doing in this regards, but maybe I'm wrong.

This first came up a couple of weeks ago. I had a customer come in and set up a mobile broadband device. They already had an employee discount from their workplace on the account and when the prorate receipt printed out, it reflected that discount on the MBB device. I had thought that MBB was exempt from Employee Discounts, so I shrugged it off as the prorate receipt being wrong.

However, a week or so ago I set up my own MBB device on a completely new account (my phone is on a different account). Just for giggles, I set up my employee discount for my other job (yet another thing that Brown can do for you!). Much to my surprise, the employee discount is being applied to my MBB device.

Curious, I called my Indirect Account Manager and he told me flat out that employee discounts would not apply to MBB devices but yet here I am, with VZW.com telling me that my $35 mifi plan is only going to be $27 and change because of the 22% discount.

The reason I'm curious is because I want to throw my tablet, which I have been using as wifi only up til now (don't ask), onto my account but only on the $20 plan since I'll hardly use any actual network data since I'm in wifi about 90% of my day. Mostly so I will have an actual phone number for the tablet and can get Google Voice set up for texting.

Any insight from other Indirect Agent employees or Direct employees?
    Droid X - Apex 1.4.1 Watermark'd
    Galaxy Tab - Stock, Rooted

Inventory and Purchasing Manager, Verizon Wireless Premium Agent
    And just for Good Measure, UPSer!

Links