DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 65 of 139 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by everstar80 View Post
    My questions are on the every two account feature, do they randomly boost the time that you can upgrade? After I made my first payment several months ago instead it being two years, they had taken off four months. Will they accelerate my upgrade time again? Also, if after six months a new phone like the droid 3 or something like that comes out and in order to get the phone I add a line, afterwards can I change my original number to that phone and suspend the other line or do I have to keep that line open with the same line and keep some kind of activity on it. Sorry for it being so long and thanks in advance.
    They may have accelerated it due to a smartphone promotion. You can also check with your local store to see if there are any upgrade promotions available for your account.

i would be careful, and it counts on where you get it, there is loose talk with some of the business liasons that on consumer accounts, if you get a phone from a dealer and change the line or features, they will charge you a HUUUUGE additional fee for breaking the agreement you get through them, like wirefly or agents. Thats always been the case though. You could suspend that line, but you wouldnt be able to add other lines, you could just get a few cheap broken phones on ebay to activate to those lines. that way there is no additional charges.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ajfox88 View Post
    Make a thread that allows us to explain how to void warranties and let you control your Droid X on your 50 inch HD tv.... Oops. VOIDS WARRANTY, DONT LISTEN TO ME. Anyoneknow when the Netflix app comes out? thatll be the best day of my life
    droid-life.com
    droidxforums.com
    lifehacker.com
    rootzwiki.com
    check them out, but don't do anything they show you.
    That doesnt void the warranty, its an app you purchase from the market.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ohcop72 View Post
    Usually have no love for Verizon agents, but my droid's screen stopped working last night and I called tech support, they are sending me a new one under warranty in the next three days even asked the agent if the phone being reprogrammed would cause a problem (cause I am rooted and running Sapphire ROM) and he said no it is a warranty issue. Was really easy process. I just hope they don't decide to charge me for it when they get my phone and see the ROM, if they can even turn it on.
    They use a refurbish option before they repair the device, they wont see it if if they cant see it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    I have a D1 that I love that I bought on a 1 year contract from the Verizon online store.

A few days ago I noticed that there was a thin horizontal section of the screen that did not register any touch input. The display is fine, but no touch input will be registered inside this section. I'd say it is about 8-10mm wide.

The problem is that this section is right across the bottom of the screen where the softkeyboards are....so basically I can only use two lines of keys on any given soft keyboard. (hard keyboard to the rescue!!!! Any other phone would have been totally useless because of it!!!)

I would like to warranty the phone out.

HOWEVER,

I really like this handset that I have (hardkeyboard, tight slider, headphone jack etc) NO issues with anything other than the screen.
    I've been reading on this forum that some of the CLNR replacements have all sorts of issues. I do NOT want to exchange this handset that I like for one that might come with all sorts of issues. None of the stores around me have any stock so its going to be mailed. They said I'll need to take it in, they'll give me a replacement loaner phone and a CLNR device will be shipped to me.

I'd like to play with the new device before I surrender my old one. Would that be possible? What if I start seeing issues with the replacement? I don't want to be a prick who insists on getting a PERFECT phone (I understand CLNRS are used and I'm okay with that), but I'd also not like to live with any functional annoyances.

What are my options?
    Thanks for your replies.
    Alot of those "issues" are perception. The reality is alot of them work fine, there are a small percentage that can have issues, when they go through and check alot of the units that are sent back, a large portion of the issues are just software related. Fixable. Usually those units are the least problems, every now and the you may get one that the guy doing the tests was half asleep or something like that.

You have 10 days to return the old handset, or the new handset. So its fine to get one ordered, test it out. If you are unhappy, ship it back and get another one ordered. No big deal. i would do a hard reset through recovery as soon as you get it though.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam View Post
    if i get a droid this weekend from a guy from craigslist i already have a verizon contract not an update i have my env 3 i just am getting the droid because i want to will verizon charge me for switching phones i know i need the 30 dollar data plan not that i just mean switching phones
    No, you will not be charged for activating the new phone.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID 2.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    I have a D1 that I love that I bought on a 1 year contract from the Verizon online store.

A few days ago I noticed that there was a thin horizontal section of the screen that did not register any touch input. The display is fine, but no touch input will be registered inside this section. I'd say it is about 8-10mm wide.

The problem is that this section is right across the bottom of the screen where the softkeyboards are....so basically I can only use two lines of keys on any given soft keyboard. (hard keyboard to the rescue!!!! Any other phone would have been totally useless because of it!!!)

I would like to warranty the phone out.

HOWEVER,

I really like this handset that I have (hardkeyboard, tight slider, headphone jack etc) NO issues with anything other than the screen.
    I've been reading on this forum that some of the CLNR replacements have all sorts of issues. I do NOT want to exchange this handset that I like for one that might come with all sorts of issues. None of the stores around me have any stock so its going to be mailed. They said I'll need to take it in, they'll give me a replacement loaner phone and a CLNR device will be shipped to me.

I'd like to play with the new device before I surrender my old one. Would that be possible? What if I start seeing issues with the replacement? I don't want to be a prick who insists on getting a PERFECT phone (I understand CLNRS are used and I'm okay with that), but I'd also not like to live with any functional annoyances.

What are my options?
    Thanks for your replies.
    Alot of those "issues" are perception. The reality is alot of them work fine, there are a small percentage that can have issues, when they go through and check alot of the units that are sent back, a large portion of the issues are just software related. Fixable. Usually those units are the least problems, every now and the you may get one that the guy doing the tests was half asleep or something like that.

You have 10 days to return the old handset, or the new handset. So its fine to get one ordered, test it out. If you are unhappy, ship it back and get another one ordered. No big deal. i would do a hard reset through recovery as soon as you get it though.

Thank you very much sir! Much appreciated!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I just recently checked my data usage, and im already at 4.2gb for this cycle according to my verizon, and I still have 2 weeks left. Im not exaclty sure how its gotten so high, ive only used about 2 hours of streaming music, maybe 2 hours in total of youtube, and web broswing/rss feed reading. I havent been tethering, at all. I know the whole 5gb is the real limit, and I just want to make sure I wont be charged anything. Please advise!
    Watch Full Length TV Shows, Movies, and Videos on your Android Phone!:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/54276-guide-full-streaming-tv-shows-movies-online-your-android-phone.html

-Liquid Gingerbread 2.2
    -ChevyNo1's 1.0GHZ Low Voltage
    -ADW EX
    -Opera Mini Browser
    -Highest Quadrant: 1350
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Env Touch
    Quote Originally Posted by Fault View Post
    I just recently checked my data usage, and im already at 4.2gb for this cycle according to my verizon, and I still have 2 weeks left. Im not exaclty sure how its gotten so high, ive only used about 2 hours of streaming music, maybe 2 hours in total of youtube, and web broswing/rss feed reading. I havent been tethering, at all. I know the whole 5gb is the real limit, and I just want to make sure I wont be charged anything. Please advise!
    I'm fairly sure I remember reading a thread on here at one point explaining the unlimited data terms. The normal data use (anything that isn't tethering) is actually UNLIMITED. The 5gb cap refers to the use of tethering. Let me try to dig up the thread.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Thanks vzwtek. I do know that I wouldn't ever feel comfortable buying another phone from another manufacturer distributor other than Verizon because of the warranty and insurance. But if in the future I wanted to buy a new phone could I add another line, awitch the phone numbers and then suspend the other phone.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    english
    But, in 1 year, a $500 deposit at 2.74% with no additional deposits will only earn $14.
    So even if this was for a whole year and you only got to keep 70%, you would end up with $9.80.
Page 65 of 139 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Links