DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 62 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhnick View Post

Or maybe your out of the loop. You did post in the "VZW Rep" sticky.
    Exactly!! Must not have "ripped you off" TOO bad, you're still a customer. Whether you get a D1 or D2 depends completely on inventory, nothing more. You purchased (and signed a contract on) a D1. In no way, shape, or form would you be entitled to a D2 for a warranty replacement.

calm down there junior, dont wanna embarass yourself.

i am still a customer only because of a substantial deposit issue.
    and secondly,i didnt say i was entitled to anything. reading comprehension must not be your strong suit, and thats ok.

DROID 2 as Warranty Replacement for DROID Continues, Surprises Customers | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

^^for anyone that says they dont do it.
    Junior?? I'm 47 and not a "junior" at all. No one said you wouldn't/couldn't get a D2, just that it depends on what's available at the time (reading comprehension). Don't post in the VZW Rep thread about ripping our company off and expect us to give you an underground move to pull. Have a nice day!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    ok then,gramps. i will post anywhere,anything i want. you dont have to reply,it actually may be better if you dont as it wastes both of our time. and id suggest not getting so butthurt about someone "ripping off 'your' company".for all you know i could have several legitimate issues with my phone and just dont want to be jerked around by the idiots at my local verizon store.

kthx bye
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912

Question 3G Mobile Hotspot for Droid1?

Is it possible to get the "Droid X's" 3G Mobile Hotspot for the Moto Droid 1? If so can someone please direct me to where the app can be found? It doesn't show up in my Android Market.
    XxSinisteRxX

Motorola Droid1 - Rooted/BB GPA16/SV 800Mhz Kernel
    Motorola Droid RAZR - Rooted - Stock as of yet ;}
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Is it possible to get the "Droid X's" 3G Mobile Hotspot for the Moto Droid 1? If so can someone please direct me to where the app can be found? It doesn't show up in my Android Market.
    No.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Maybe Droid does but VZW CSR don't.

I have been looking through the Droid Forums over the last few weeks trying to decide which Droid would be best for me. Or since my contract is totally over on Jan 5 2011, contemplating whether I should go with another cell company.
    Well after doing research, my plan was to stay with Verizon and upgrade from my LG Dare which I got Jan 5 2009 to the Droid X.

Now here is the problem I am having - even though my phone and the two other phones on my Nationwide Talk and Text Family plan are Jan 5 2009 upgrades or older. The website shows our contract ends Jan 5 2011 and that my line with the Dare is not eligible for an upgrade until May 7 2012.

I called up Customer Service to find out what happened and why is this? Basically the answer I got was: you changed your primary line. All that I could remember doing is when I called a couple of months ago to take off the data plans from my Dare and my daughter's Voyager - they mistakenly switched my daughter's phone line to the primary line and I had called them up to correct the matter. The answer they had for me is upgrade one of the other lines on your acct and switch it to your line. Why would anyone in their right mind do this?? All of the lines on our plan should be eligible if it wasn't for something they did!
    I feel like I am getting drug through red tape. I asked them to check my account and to find out why when my contract ends Jan 5 2011 am I not eligible to upgrade my phone and for that matter I don't even have to stay with Verizon after that date. Why would I wait till after my contract ends and then wait another year and a four months after that date to upgrade my cell phone? Which at that date the Dare would be 3.5 yrs old.
    I finally get the the Rep to understand how this made no sense and they said they could try and manually enter the upgrade in the system and see if it would go through but "you know you will not be eligible for the instant rebate because you did not order your phone from the website even though I know you can't do this because of the system. Sorry there is nothing I can do about it". I hung up - very upset.... Where is someone like me - a bill paying Verizon customer with a preferred customer card in my wallet supposed to turn too? ... Who is there to talk to - to cut through all this freaking red tape? Questioning if I even want to stay with the company at this point....
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewpie View Post
    I have been looking through the Droid Forums over the last few weeks trying to decide which Droid would be best for me. Or since my contract is totally over on Jan 5 2011, contemplating whether I should go with another cell company.
    Well after doing research, my plan was to stay with Verizon and upgrade from my LG Dare which I got Jan 5 2009 to the Droid X.

Now here is the problem I am having - even though my phone and the two other phones on my Nationwide Talk and Text Family plan are Jan 5 2009 upgrades or older. The website shows our contract ends Jan 5 2011 and that my line with the Dare is not eligible for an upgrade until May 7 2012.

I called up Customer Service to find out what happened and why is this? Basically the answer I got was: you changed your primary line. All that I could remember doing is when I called a couple of months ago to take off the data plans from my Dare and my daughter's Voyager - they mistakenly switched my daughter's phone line to the primary line and I had called them up to correct the matter. The answer they had for me is upgrade one of the other lines on your acct and switch it to your line. Why would anyone in their right mind do this?? All of the lines on our plan should be eligible if it wasn't for something they did!
    I feel like I am getting drug through red tape. I asked them to check my account and to find out why when my contract ends Jan 5 2011 am I not eligible to upgrade my phone and for that matter I don't even have to stay with Verizon after that date. Why would I wait till after my contract ends and then wait another year and a four months after that date to upgrade my cell phone? Which at that date the Dare would be 3.5 yrs old.
    I finally get the the Rep to understand how this made no sense and they said they could try and manually enter the upgrade in the system and see if it would go through but "you know you will not be eligible for the instant rebate because you did not order your phone from the website even though I know you can't do this because of the system. Sorry there is nothing I can do about it". I hung up - very upset.... Where is someone like me - a bill paying Verizon customer with a preferred customer card in my wallet supposed to turn too? ... Who is there to talk to - to cut through all this freaking red tape? Questioning if I even want to stay with the company at this point....
    This is where its a good time to get a store manager involved. They will most likely not be able to change the upgrade date themselves, but they have the capability of sending it to someone who can. and also they should be able to see the last time you signed a contract, that should be what dictates your upgrade eligibility, not whether or not you change items on your plan. And if they unknowingly changed something on your plan, you have the full right to get it fixed, and if you cant find someone who will, all you have to do is climb to another rung to get the issue fixed. The major thing is you just have to play it cool.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhnick View Post

Or maybe your out of the loop. You did post in the "VZW Rep" sticky.
    Exactly!! Must not have "ripped you off" TOO bad, you're still a customer. Whether you get a D1 or D2 depends completely on inventory, nothing more. You purchased (and signed a contract on) a D1. In no way, shape, or form would you be entitled to a D2 for a warranty replacement.

calm down there junior, dont wanna embarass yourself.

i am still a customer only because of a substantial deposit issue.
    and secondly,i didnt say i was entitled to anything. reading comprehension must not be your strong suit, and thats ok.

DROID 2 as Warranty Replacement for DROID Continues, Surprises Customers | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

^^for anyone that says they dont do it.
    They only do it if the replacements are constrained. They are no longer constrained, so you get a D1. And there is no reason to insult people on the forums just to get a point across.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ok then,gramps. i will post anywhere,anything i want. you dont have to reply,it actually may be better if you dont as it wastes both of our time. and id suggest not getting so butthurt about someone "ripping off 'your' company".for all you know i could have several legitimate issues with my phone and just dont want to be jerked around by the idiots at my local verizon store.

kthx bye
    again, lay off abusing people in the forums, you can abuse the people in the store on your own time. At your own expense.

And it is playing the system like this that hoses legitimate customer service programs like multi-exchange policies. So you can just keep on complaining, and the next phone you may get is a devour or lg ally if people keep trying to abuse the system.
    Last edited by vzwtek; 09-14-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: flamers
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    This is kind of a "I can't believe the system is this convoluted and inefficient" query...Some background first...it's ample; but brief compared to the e-mail thread I have with vzw.

I've been going back and forth with customer service via e-mail primarily about issues I've had with my phone and it's subsequent warranty replacements. Eventually a rep made an offer of a new phone at a discounted price. She also threw in an accessory, and specifically said it wouldn't extend my contract. I responded that it was approaching a fair offer, but I felt it should be free (not just discounted)...everytime you reply, as far as I can tell, you get sent to a different rep (true?). New rep responds with "that's the final offer". I accepted, gave my address, and waited. No response. I called and left a message for the rep who made the offer. No response.

When I finally called customer service to follow up, they said no order had been placed, and that a supervisor had to approve that offer. Reasonable enough, except she put me on hold for 20min. and couldn't find a supervisor. Said she'd call back when she found one. No response. I called again later, guy said no problem, he could take care of it. The price and offer are good, and it'll extend my contract seven months. "But she said specifically it wouldn't extend my contract". He said he can't read the e-mail chain I had with the reps, only "notes" they entered [true?], and the notes said nothing of no contract extension. He asked if I could fax him the email (because it's 1992). He gave me to a supervisor who...has e-mail. I forwarded it to her, and she said...she had to contact the rep who made the offer and only that rep could place the order.

Can this possibly be the case? I was exhausted because I'd been on the phone 50minutes and had stuff to do, but if I pushed the issue could I get someone other than the one rep who made the offer place the order? It seems impossible to me that there are these rogue reps making offers on their own that only they can honor (and they don't return your calls). More curious about this than anything...Thanks for any input, much appreciated.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Env Touch
    Alright, so, bit of a confusing situation here, hoping one of the reps could give me some insight. I'm fairly confident we can come to some sort of a conclusion.

To make this brief as I can, I'm on my 5th EnV Touch, (all have been replaced through the CFLN or CFPO program that verizon offers). Still having problems with this one. I'm done with the dang thing. I'm ready to upgrade to a Droid. Only problem is, I'm not eligible till June for 2011. NO WAY, am I waiting that long! Was talking to my pops about the situation, and he brought up the fact that my Mom is due for an upgrade in early October that I could have. GREAT!

Now here's where it gets tricky. My Dad / Mom / Myself are all on different accounts. My Dad has his Crackberry on an account taken care of by his company. My Mom is on her account, and I'm on an account with some other family members.

So, he offered me the upgrade, so that I could get a Droid 2/X for the discounted $200 price, as opposed to the $580 retail.

Mom is currently using an LG Dare (which she's happy with and not in desire of an upgrade to), without a data plan. I know all that we have to do is order the Droid, activate it on her number, switch her back to her Dare, and give me the Droid. Only question is regarding the data plan that she'll be required to sign up for when purchasing the Droid. Obviously we're only going to have the Droid on her account for a matter of a few minutes. Is there any way to avoid the data plan, or rather, have it taken off as soon as she switches to her Dare, so she won't be charged that $30 for the month?

The other question is this: when dealing with potential warranty issues, how will they be handled? Seeing as I didn't technically get the phone through my account?

Hope this makes some sort of sense to somebody here, I tried to explain as best I could!

Links