DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 55 of 139 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ionide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Graywolfscv View Post
    I called Tech support today to find out what kind of fixes I could get for my Droid 1 which was locking up during phone calls. The tech said one of the phones on our plan was available for an early upgrade, so I went with the Droid 2. Only problem is the phone that was upgraded is not a smartphone. and the tech said I have to switch that number to the Droid 2 to prevent the full price from being charged.

How do I go about activating it, and then deactivating it so that I can put the Droid 1 number on it, without being charged the full price of a Droid 2?
    Your post is slightly confusing, but I think I understand what you're trying to do.

You need to accept the contract extension on the line you used the upgrade on. When you get your phone there will be instructions with an 877 number to dial from a landline to accept the terms and conditions of the contract extension for the upgrade. You call that, follow the instructions as if you were putting that phone on the line you used the upgrade on, right up until the end where it asks "To activate phone on this line now, press one. To activate later, press two" Choose to activate later. Then, from the droid 2, dial *228, choose option 1 at the voice prompt, and put in the number you want that phone to actually be on.

Hope that's not too confusing. If all else fails, you can always call customer service for help.
    Exactly what you need to do! Next time, just do an alternate upgrade and you won't have this problem again as you'll be using just the eligibility of one line to upgrade another line..should save you ALOT of headache in the future!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    I called Tech support today to find out what kind of fixes I could get for my Droid 1 which was locking up during phone calls. The tech said one of the phones on our plan was available for an early upgrade, so I went with the Droid 2. Only problem is the phone that was upgraded is not a smartphone. and the tech said I have to switch that number to the Droid 2 to prevent the full price from being charged.

How do I go about activating it, and then deactivating it so that I can put the Droid 1 number on it, without being charged the full price of a Droid 2?
    Your post is slightly confusing, but I think I understand what you're trying to do.

You need to accept the contract extension on the line you used the upgrade on. When you get your phone there will be instructions with an 877 number to dial from a landline to accept the terms and conditions of the contract extension for the upgrade. You call that, follow the instructions as if you were putting that phone on the line you used the upgrade on, right up until the end where it asks "To activate phone on this line now, press one. To activate later, press two" Choose to activate later. Then, from the droid 2, dial *228, choose option 1 at the voice prompt, and put in the number you want that phone to actually be on.

Hope that's not too confusing. If all else fails, you can always call customer service for help.
    Sorry for the confusion. I'll try that when the phone gets here on Monday. Let me see if I can explain it a little better so I can make sure I don't screw this up then. There are 3 phones on 2 separate plans on the bill. Phone 1 and 2 are on a family plan for just calls, no data or texting. Phone 3 is the Droid. Phone 1 was available to upgrade to a new 2 year smartphone plan, while Phone 3 was not. The tech I spoke to on Friday night, and the in-store rep I spoke to last night, said all I had to do on Monday was activate Phone 1 on the Droid 2, shut it off, reactivate the old device that was being used, and then the Droid 2 could be activated on Phone 3's line.

The only problem is the owners of Phone 1 and 2 do not want data, texting or anything else on the phone but the ability to call. The tech said that the Droid 2 HAD to be activated on Phone 1's line to avoid a $600 charge to the credit card.

I just wanted to make sure the Tech and the in-store rep told me right so that I can avoid having the data plan on Phone 1 and 2's lines, and NOT have to pay the $600 charge for the Droid 2.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post

Exactly what you need to do! Next time, just do an alternate upgrade and you won't have this problem again as you'll be using just the eligibility of one line to upgrade another line..should save you ALOT of headache in the future!
    I asked the tech when I was on the phone if I could do that, and he said do to the terms of the upgrade, that wasn't possible.
  4. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member

I asked the tech when I was on the phone if I could do that, and he said do to the terms of the upgrade, that wasn't possible.
    Same account?

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Same account, 2 different plans.

My number is the smartphone plan, while the number that was upgraded is just a family share calling plan. No data, texting, or anything.
  6. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member

My number is the smartphone plan, while the number that was upgraded is just a family share calling plan. No data, texting, or anything.
    Shouldn't have mattered as long as its the same account, I do it all day! The only thing that has anything to do with the other phones is their eligibility and contract. Even IF data shows up on line 1, its a feature that could easily be taken off.

7. warp
    I'm starting college in about a week and I heard about student discounts. How would I go about getting one and how much is the discount?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    My new (just recieved 5 Aug) droid x camera button fell off. Just noticed it yesterday. Now Im told I have to file a claim (under verizon) and with $90 I will recieve a new phone. Then when my old phone is verified by tech and they say I caused the button to fall off.... I will be charged $600. Ive only had the phone 3 weeks. The button cant be that $$. Where can I get help to replace the button? It appears to just snap on.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Shouldn't have mattered as long as its the same account, I do it all day! The only thing that has anything to do with the other phones is their eligibility and contract. Even IF data shows up on line 1, its a feature that could easily be taken off.
    Just so I make sure I'm clear on this, to avoid paying the $600 I was told I'd be charged by NOT activating the Droid 2 on Phone 1, I just call the 877 number and go up to the point of activating the phone, tell it activate later, and then activate the Droid 2 on the line that the Droid 1 is using?

Sorry for the constant checking, I just don't want to pay the out of contract price for the phone.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Look activate the d2 on the line you upgraded. Then go to the my Verizon web page and click the activate phone link and put the old flip phone from that line back on the same line the d2 is. That frees up the droid 2 so u can put it on the line droid 1 is capishee? It doesn't get any simpler than that. There is no way NOT to activate it on the line that it was upgraded on.., the system wont let you activate it anywhere else untill it goes on that line first. The data fee will drop off once the phone is removed. No where im the contract says the phone has to stay on any line only that a line must have a phone attached at all times.

If you still don't get it go to a store and have them do it.

Links