DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 53 of 139 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have a question: I have just received my new Droid X about two weeks ago. When I made my first phone call, I noticed a buzzing sounds like the speaker was blown. I thought maybe the buzzing would go away but has not and it is really bothering and annoying. Here is the question part, I would like to exchange the phone for a new one because of the buzzing...would this be considered a reasonable issue for a warranty exchange? Thank You!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    the physical keyboard on my moto droid has some keys that don't work.. I brought it back for replacement at the store to find no Droids available and none in the warehouse. Replacement options are the LG Ally, Moto Devour, and HTC Eris... I phoned Asurion (the insurance provider) and they verified they phone choices... I am on a waiting list for a refurb Moto Droid
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jakole50 View Post
    I have a question: I have just received my new Droid X about two weeks ago. When I made my first phone call, I noticed a buzzing sounds like the speaker was blown. I thought maybe the buzzing would go away but has not and it is really bothering and annoying. Here is the question part, I would like to exchange the phone for a new one because of the buzzing...would this be considered a reasonable issue for a warranty exchange? Thank You!
    That's not a problem. Unfortunately there isn't a way to jump you to the front of the line for a replacement but at least you'll get a new one.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by yellar View Post
    I got a Droid X and am sent back to trade for a Droid Incredible. I forgot to put my sd card back in the phone after taking everything off and formating it with my laptop. Will they charge me for the missing sd card?
    Its a 50/50, just counts on who is working at the returns warehouse that day.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ilion301 View Post
    A question about early upgrade

I'm a college student on a family share plan. The family's been doing business with Verizon since before color screens, so we're pretty loyal customers. Also, none of us have ever had smartphones or data plans.

I currently have a Samsung Alias 2, but really want to upgrade early to the Droid 2 or Droid X (still trying to decide). However, I'm not eligible for any upgrades until February 2011. But I figure that Verizon would be making more money if I were allowed to upgrade early to a Droid 2/X and therefore pay for a data plan. Do you think Verizon would be open to this idea?

Thanks.
    Call customer service, store would be a no go. There are some ineligible upgrade programs available.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jakole50 View Post
    Its within the 30 days for Worry free guarantee, but if you dont want to wait, i would suggest taking a CLNR. But if you have to have a new one, call customer care, they will send the new one, and you will have to deal with the buzzing for 3 to 4 weeks, or you could get a clnr in 2 days. Neither affect WFG.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Fan View Post
    the physical keyboard on my moto droid has some keys that don't work.. I brought it back for replacement at the store to find no Droids available and none in the warehouse. Replacement options are the LG Ally, Moto Devour, and HTC Eris... I phoned Asurion (the insurance provider) and they verified they phone choices... I am on a waiting list for a refurb Moto Droid
    Call technical support, they have a different warehouse they pull replacements from. The in store teams pull for a centralized warehouse. Whereas tech support can pull from both. Call technical support, something the stores dont do for whatever reason.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Quick question... I just upgraded the last phone on my plan to the Droid X (already upgraded the other lines separately)...shipping by 8/31...fingers crossed for earlier!. Will Verizon charge me now or wait until the phone ships? Can't check the bank website right now and was just curious. Thanks!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Fan View Post
    Call technical support, they have a different warehouse they pull replacements from. The in store teams pull for a centralized warehouse. Whereas tech support can pull from both. Call technical support, something the stores dont do for whatever reason.
    Thanks I actually called back customer service today and they put me though to technical support after seeing the notes that were written on my file. I have a "like new" Droid on its way. Thanks again
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
    Quick question... I just upgraded the last phone on my plan to the Droid X (already upgraded the other lines separately)...shipping by 8/31...fingers crossed for earlier!. Will Verizon charge me now or wait until the phone ships? Can't check the bank website right now and was just curious. Thanks!
    They usually charge you now..... Which means the charge will show up in 3 to 4 days. The device is shipped at the time the warehouse gets replenished. The system has to recieve a transaction before it is batched to deliver the product.

Links