DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 34 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by egrabb View Post
    Is it possible to get the text only plan if you are not deaf or hard of hearing? I'm currently set up with Google Voice and if this application develops a little further, I would liked to drop the voice plan and just keep the text and data, and save a few dollars.
    Verizon Wireless does have message/data only plans. There are no requirements for you to be deaf to take advantage of these plans. I do not see customers using them very often, but it is most common on teenager's line. Here is a link with more information. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...agingplans.jsp
    Last edited by xjman349; 05-06-2010 at 04:38 AM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Before I actually ask my question, let me make sure it's OKAY to ask it here...

I need to reduce my bill a bit. I believe my plan is old, and would like advice on what to do. I have four phones on a plan now... and need to add another in June. The monthly bill is almost $300/mth... and that hurts.

Could someone in this forum help with advice?
    If so, I'll post account details and we'll go from there. THANKS!
    CharlieJ - Droid Junkie
    ---------------------------------------------
    CharlieJ Photography
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    milestone....
    ex rep for the N.W. market..
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    milestone....
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieJ View Post
    Before I actually ask my question, let me make sure it's OKAY to ask it here...

I need to reduce my bill a bit. I believe my plan is old, and would like advice on what to do. I have four phones on a plan now... and need to add another in June. The monthly bill is almost $300/mth... and that hurts.

Could someone in this forum help with advice? If so, I'll post account details and we'll go from there. THANKS!

well for starters, let us know what plan/packages you have on your account.. that sounds about right for 4 phones.. due to the data and min consumption for all 4..
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA

Question

Quote Originally Posted by hectorh3000 View Post
    well for starters, let us know what plan/packages you have on your account.. that sounds about right for 4 phones.. due to the data and min consumption for all 4..
    THANKS Hector! Here's what we have:
    Family & Friends 10 SmartPack 1200
    Primary: Moto Droid w/ data plan (VZW)
    Secondary: BB Curve w/ data plan (ALLTEL)
    Tertiary: Palm Pixi Plus w/ data plan (VZW)
    Quaternary: Samsung Hue (ALLTEL)
    Quinary: Huawei EC168 USB cell card w/ 5GB plan (ALLTEL)

We have insurance on, I believe, three of the phones.

What I really need to do is reduce the bill a bit *overall*. I realize that adding my son's account/phone (next month) will increase the bill. However, I can't afford the current $315 + another additional $40 (or more) in fees, taxes, Lord-knows-what-else.

We were promised a 20% discount because I work for a local hospital. If that wouldn't do it, we were told that my wife being a teacher at the local high school (state employee) would warrant the discount. But, after filling out the paperwork and having a local company store fax it in, I was told by another company store that there was no such discount.
    That was months ago -- and so far, NO discount has been applied to our account. UGH!

I have been with 360 Communications/Alltel/Verizon for SIXTEEN YEARS now. I realize you have to pay for your phones and the service, but let's be real. $355+ per month is REE-DICK-YOU-LUSS! That's more than the car payment on my 2009 Ford Escape XLT!!

OK, enough carping... haha! Any ideas? ... Anyone? Short of going back to dumb phones or reducing the number of lines we have...
    CharlieJ - Droid Junkie
    ---------------------------------------------
    CharlieJ Photography
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    milestone....
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hectorh3000 View Post
    THANKS Hector! Here's what we have:
    Family & Friends 10 SmartPack 1200
    Primary: Moto Droid w/ data plan (VZW)
    Secondary: BB Curve w/ data plan (ALLTEL)
    Tertiary: Palm Pixi Plus w/ data plan (VZW)
    Quaternary: Samsung Hue (ALLTEL)
    Quinary: Huawei EC168 USB cell card w/ 5GB plan (ALLTEL)

We have insurance on, I believe, three of the phones.

What I really need to do is reduce the bill a bit *overall*. I realize that adding my son's account/phone (next month) will increase the bill. However, I can't afford the current $315 + another additional $40 (or more) in fees, taxes, Lord-knows-what-else.

We were promised a 20% discount because I work for a local hospital. If that wouldn't do it, we were told that my wife being a teacher at the local high school (state employee) would warrant the discount. But, after filling out the paperwork and having a local company store fax it in, I was told by another company store that there was no such discount.
    That was months ago -- and so far, NO discount has been applied to our account. UGH!

I have been with 360 Communications/Alltel/Verizon for SIXTEEN YEARS now. I realize you have to pay for your phones and the service, but let's be real. $355+ per month is REE-DICK-YOU-LUSS! That's more than the car payment on my 2009 Ford Escape XLT!!

OK, enough carping... haha! Any ideas? ... Anyone? Short of going back to dumb phones or reducing the number of lines we have...
    your wife would get the discount.. but the account has to be under her name not yours.. so that sucks.. as for what i can see.. is in my opinion is the data card!!! those things are crap...... waist of money for the amount you spend you can get better wifi lol.. there are special plans for long time customers verizion reps are not allowed to tell you about till the last min.. and also most do not know of.. they are called loyalty plans haha.. but they do not apply to all lines and also have very few minutes..

sucks cause what is really killing you is the freaken data packages!! verizon is smart in segragating them.. unlike others you pay for all lines with a one time montly fee.. instead of each individually..
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Hi VZ guys... I have a question to ask regarding going to different countries (Mexico and Europe) and using my phones (Droid and Eris). How much would be the roaming cost and is there a way to use my phones (voice and data) on these countries without having to pay an arm or a leg from roaming?

Your responses is much appreciated. Thank you.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    milestone....
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkidd View Post
    Hi VZ guys... I have a question to ask regarding going to different countries (Mexico and Europe) and using my phones (Droid and Eris). How much would be the roaming cost and is there a way to use my phones (voice and data) on these countries without having to pay an arm or a leg from roaming?

Your responses is much appreciated. Thank you.
    well i would recommend purchasing a prepaid phone in the country you are in.. why it would be way!!!!! cheaper then adding a international plan that you have to have on for a minimum time, the rates very, i belive mexico is still .99 cents a minute and data rates are off the chart per mb... europe i belive (correct me if i am wrong) is 1.99 a min and data is worse then in mexico...

"purchase a $30-$50 usd prepaid phone"
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    milestone....
    ooooh yea.. remember some verizon phones take sims.. so you international people can purchase a prepaid sim (if your phone is unlocked) and use it that way haha..
  10. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Probably has been asked already, but search isn't coming up with any specific hits....... Any plans to support true hands-free bluetooth vioce dialing on the Droid?
    I mean with my State, and most States throughout the US, having laws about hands-free phone use while driving, I can't imagine who made such a terrible and poor decision to not have this function on the Verizon Droid phones!?!?

Any plans to add this Verizon?

Links