DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 33 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Romple View Post

Generally, yea he should be able to.

He might want to check his account info when he gets the phone to see if they added the data plan already. There shouldn't be an activation fee for just activating a phone (only a new account).

But a call to customer service should get the Incredible activated on his wife's account, assuming a data plan is added, and his old phone reactivated on his account if it was deactivated.

VZW doesn't really care what you do with the phone once you get it. You (he) already signed up for another 2 years. Phone juggling is very common.
    Ok, this may be the same thing you just answered, but I'm not sure. Say I get a droid now, and 6 months down the road I want to upgrade, and someone else sharing my plan has their upgrade available. Could I use their upgrade to get a smartphone, activate that phone on my line (which would already have data) and have them not need a data plan? Since the net result would be Verizon giving 2 phones at contract prices but only getting paid for 1 data plan, I'm reluctant to assume they'd allow this, but if they would, it would be great news.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    No this is how I upgraded to my other line, The only way the other line will not need a data plan is if you keep the non smartphone on the line. This is completely possible. I used my line to upgrade to the imagio then I used my second line to upgrade to the droid a month or so later. Now I have an old LG on the second line with no data plan... Hope this answers your question.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by knotbeerdan View Post
    No this is how I upgraded to my other line, The only way the other line will not need a data plan is if you keep the non smartphone on the line. This is completely possible. I used my line to upgrade to the imagio then I used my second line to upgrade to the droid a month or so later. Now I have an old LG on the second line with no data plan... Hope this answers your question.
    I think so. The imagio is a smartphone right? I looked it up, and it seems so, but I'm not 100% sure. Sounds like you did what I was thinking. You used the upgrades on two lines to get smartphones, then took the smartphone off one line and added back the "dumb" phone, and took the data plan off it, and it let you. Right?

Sorry if it feels like I'm just repeating things back at you... I have "understanding" issue, especially with things new to me like this.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    Yes that is what I did. The only requirement from Big Red is that you have to keep the other line active for your contract. and there is a 350 early termination fee just like if you had a smartphone on that line. But you dont need to pay for the data
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My Motorola Droid (which I purchased from Best Buy) has recently been clicking when I use the physical keyboard. I have not spilled anything on it nor have I had any other problems with the phone previously. There is no visual problems with the keyboard. I bought the phone around November or December of 2009. Is there a possibility of getting it replaced as it's making it pretty hard to press any of the keys on the bottom half of the keyboard.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcizzo View Post
    My Motorola Droid (which I purchased from Best Buy) has recently been clicking when I use the physical keyboard. I have not spilled anything on it nor have I had any other problems with the phone previously. There is no visual problems with the keyboard. I bought the phone around November or December of 2009. Is there a possibility of getting it replaced as it's making it pretty hard to press any of the keys on the bottom half of the keyboard.
    Yes take it to a store and have a technician look at it. An actual VZW store the phone comes with a 1 ye manufactures warranty
    I see dead Apples...
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    nice post,good idea.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    A837
    Is it possible to get the text only plan if you are not deaf or hard of hearing? I'm currently set up with Google Voice and if this application develops a little further, I would liked to drop the voice plan and just keep the text and data, and save a few dollars.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by o0HERO0o View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcizzo View Post
    Yes take it to a store and have a technician look at it. An actual VZW store the phone comes with a 1 ye manufactures warranty
    Thanks. I did exactly this and the guy took one quick glance at it after I explained the problem and immediately started to ask for my information to have a replacement shipped to me.

I had prepared an elaborate story and everything so I can explain and answer any questions they may have had. I'm assuming it was a common problem or something.

Links