DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 30 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post

First, welcome to the true 3G experience, lol.

Did you keep your same number? What phone did you have?
    I ask cause if you ported over it may take a little while for tour archive to switch over. I.e. Some messages may still be going through to at&t. Make sure you keep the old phone off for at least another day for the process to complete.
    This of based off my personal experience switching from sprint to verizon. And my 4+ years of experience with selling Verizon, Sprint, Cingular & T-mobie.
    Thanks! Yes, I kept my # and I moved from an iPhone.
    I've had my phone off for 3 days now - it's only other AT&T customers that I'm having issues with now. Hopefully it will update today. I'm a texter!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (toro)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbass8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post

First, welcome to the true 3G experience, lol.

Did you keep your same number? What phone did you have?
    I ask cause if you ported over it may take a little while for tour archive to switch over. I.e. Some messages may still be going through to at&t. Make sure you keep the old phone off for at least another day for the process to complete.
    This of based off my personal experience switching from sprint to verizon. And my 4+ years of experience with selling Verizon, Sprint, Cingular & T-mobie.
    Thanks! Yes, I kept my # and I moved from an iPhone.
    I've had my phone off for 3 days now - it's only other AT&T customers that I'm having issues with now. Hopefully it will update today. I'm a texter!
    Yea I figured that was it. The texts are probably still going to Matt's server but I should hopefully be done by now. I'm sure art finds it odd for someone to leave them and the iPhone for Verizon and the Droid. I mean God forbid, LOL. But yea you should be good now.
    Still MY MIKRADLE!
    Galaxy Nexus: AOKP MR1
    D1 : DarkEdge 2.2 Blue
    Droid X: Meh
    Incredible 2: AOKP Build 6

<--Support Phreakmods.com and help this KICKSTARTER!!!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I hope this question is appropriate for this thread.

I just got a Droid last week on April 16th. The new Droid Incredible is coming out on April 29th. Since I haven't (will not have had?) my phone for the 30 day satisfaction period, will I be able to return it and in exchange get the Droid Incredible and only have to pay the restocking fee ($35 IIRC)? If I can, I assume I will need all original boxes and equipment (i tore the part of the box off that had the UPC but I haven't mailed it yet and I still have the rest of the box...would that be a problem?). I also got the home dock in the accessories bundle...will I be able to return that as well for a Droid Incredible dock, assuming there will be one on launch day? Will I still be able to do the MIR with the UPC from the Incredible or can I go ahead and mail it in now?
    Last edited by cdailey; 04-21-2010 at 07:54 PM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Will Verizon replace my Droid.........Recently I've noticed when my phone vibrates it's not the firm vibration anymore. Now whenever it vibrates it sounds and feels like something is loose. So can I walk into a VZW store and say YO.....This thing is vibrating funny like something is loose, have them look at it and then replace it with a new one. I mean the difference in vibration is very noticable. The damn thing rattles. I know when I had my Dare my screen was acting funny and they gave me a new phone.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    It would be replaced with a refurbished phone but it does sound like a problem covered by the warranty.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    I've got a quick question regrading phone activation. I've preordered the Incredible by phone to be delivered the 29th. I used the upgrade from my secondary line to get the discount on the phone, but the Incredible will actually be replacing my primary line phone. I'm hearing some conflicting information about activation. Some are saying it must be activated on the second line and then transferred over to the primary line. Then the secondary phone being shifted back to its regular position. I know I used to be able to switch the phone serial numbers and such online but don't see that now. What's going to be the best way to activate the new phone and make sure it gets applied to the right line and that the contract is activated correctly to avoid extra charges on the phone?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    It would be replaced with a refurbished phone but it does sound like a problem covered by the warranty.

So they'll replace it with a refurb in store at no cost to me. What kills me is that if I were to pay the 50 buck deductable they would send a refurb too. I had to throw a fit about that when they did that when I had the Dare.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    There is no deductible for phones covered by warranty.

You would only pay verizon $50 if there was damage to the phone not covered by the warranty or the warranty had expired. To eliminate the confusion though, both of these options have been discontinued.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    There is no deductible for phones covered by warranty.

You would only pay verizon $50 if there was damage to the phone not covered by the warranty or the warranty had expired. To eliminate the confusion though, both of these options have been discontinued.
    So what's the warranty like a year. So Within a year I can take it in for a replacement refurb
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    12 month warranty for the original owner only. If troubleshooting finds an issue that is covered and the phone isn't otherwise damaged, your phone can be replaced.

Links