DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    No I can't quite get that. But we were just talking and he mentioned that he can add a line for my sister for $9.99, get the DROID Eris with that and then give my sister the Versa. Can it work like that?

I appreciate your help thus far,
    Dave Droid[/QUOTE]

well, im not saying it isnt possible, however, i would not go SEEKING it. if a policy is there, it is there for a reason....
    verizon has a group of people who do nothing all day but sit at computers reconsiling accounts. i have seen this happen to people. somone is recieving a discount he or she is not supposed to be getting---for example, an employee discount after they have been unemployed for 6 or more moths from that employer...verizon will verify what is supposed to be there, and then charge you for ALLL the discounts you have been irroneously recieving.

the ONLY smart phones (that i know of) that can be activated without a data plan, are the older palm treo's.
    Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.

----Zig Ziglar
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by iDroid View Post
    Thanks for your offer to answer questions! Coincidentally, I have one. When it comes to employer discounts on personal accounts. I added a 2nd Droid to my account after being told by two different CSRs that the "data" portion of the 2nd phone's charges would be discounted just as it is for the 1st phone on the account. Now that I have two Droids on the account, all Verizon CSRs I speak with say that the data plan on the 1st phone is the only one that gets the discount, and that is in accordance with the discount plan associated with my employer. Can you shed some light on employer-based discounts? Does it vary from employer to employer whether or not the 2nd phone's data plan will be discounted. Have you any way of knowing if both CSRs I spoke with before buying the 2nd Droid were both wrong? Or is it the billing CSRs who are wrong?Thanks!
    common misconception. an "employee discount" is only eligable for the employees phone. and, although yes, i have seen it happen, where all phones on the account are getting data plan discounts, they are rectified eventually.
    so, in short, no. only the main line on the account gets the employee disount. and if your wifes job offers one, and yours doesnt, it isnt just as simple as putting her as main line. she must completly take over the account so that it is under her credit and social in order for your account to get the discount..

----Zig Ziglar
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post
    an "employee discount" is only eligable for the employees phone.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    howdy....both my wife and i can get employee discounts....i'm using mine now....can i apply hers to the account? it is a seperate company....tx
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by wkwaggoner View Post
    howdy....both my wife and i can get employee discounts....i'm using mine now....can i apply hers to the account? it is a seperate company....tx
    it depends. only lines that cost $34.99 and higher are eligable for discounts. ie- a 2ndary line does not qualify--it only forst $9.99. the data plan in this case does not count tword the total cost of the line.

----Zig Ziglar
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    tx....figured i'd ask....onward
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Inc.

common misconception. an "employee discount" is only eligable for the employees phone. and, although yes, i have seen it happen, where all phones on the account are getting data plan discounts, they are rectified eventually.
    so, in short, no. only the main line on the account gets the employee disount. and if your wifes job offers one, and yours doesnt, it isnt just as simple as putting her as main line. she must completly take over the account so that it is under her credit and social in order for your account to get the discount..
    Hmm, this has me worried a bit. Let me explain.

My Mom has been with Verizon for probably 3-4 years now and within that time my employer has started offering a discount on Verizon. At the time I was with AT&T so I figured, heck why not put the account in my name and apply my discount (it's a pretty good discount). Now that I'm also a Verizon customer, my line is also receiving the discount. For now, it's set up so that we have two separate rate plans (not on a family plan yet) but both under the same account. My number is now the main number, and we're both receiving the discount. Are you saying that my discount could be cancelled for my mother's number?

Thanks.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_lover1 View Post

My Mom has been with Verizon for probably 3-4 years now and within that time my employer has started offering a discount on Verizon. At the time I was with AT&T so I figured, heck why not put the account in my name and apply my discount (it's a pretty good discount). Now that I'm also a Verizon customer, my line is also receiving the discount. For now, it's set up so that we have two separate rate plans (not on a family plan yet) but both under the same account. My number is now the main number, and we're both receiving the discount. Are you saying that my discount could be cancelled for my mother's number?

Thanks.

no, as long as each line is more than $34.99, you are fine. so, if each has its own plan, but are both on the same "account"...your good.

----Zig Ziglar
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Inc.

no, as long as each line is more than $34.99, you are fine. so, if each has its own plan, but are both on the same "account"...your good.
    Got it, thank you for clarifying.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_lover1 View Post

Thanks.

You achieved FCR!
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Links