DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 16 of 139 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1382
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

  1. Droid
    tylonal's Avatar
    Member #
    27483
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    50
    Phone
    5207844472
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post
    I have 3 lines. One Droid & two Voyagers. But one of the lines (the primary) will be upgraded to a Droid. That line is on the connect plan, the other 2 (Droid & Voyager) are on the select. Will we have to change our plan when we add the new Droid?

    Also is there a way to get an early upgrade 6 months into your annual up?
    Any info on this question???
    no, you will not need to change the plan too much. however since smartphones like the Droid require UNLIMITED data, and the point of the connect plan is...well..data... it would be kinda pointless. so you can switch the remaining voyager so that it is the primary, and so that will be able to stay on the connect plan, and the other two phones will be on their $30 or $45 data plans.
    Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.


    ----Zig Ziglar
  2. Droid
    tylonal's Avatar
    Member #
    27483
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    50
    Phone
    5207844472
    Quote Originally Posted by its.mike View Post
    I got my droid just over a week ago and was looking over the insurance options(would be a fool to pay $300 for a phone and not have insurance). Since I'm not the primary account holder would I be able to get the Asurion added myself or would the account holder?
    if you are on the account as a manager, you can do anything you want aside from 3 things.
    1: add or remove account managers
    2: change or remove password
    3: assume financial responsability for the account (perform an Assumption Of Liability)
    so, yes, if you are a manager on the account, you can add insurance to the phones, otherwise, you will need either the account owner or an acct mgr to do so.
    also, per policy you only have 30 days after purchasing the device to add insurance to that line. however technically it is possible to add it after that 30 day period, if the rep knows the policy, they will enforce it.

    on a separate note, if you purchased your phone from Best Buy (like i did), you have actually 3 insurance options instead of your basic two.
    the verizon insurance wich we all know about, and the Best Buy insurance. yes, the best buy one is a little bit more ($10 per month) HOWEVER if anything happens to the phone, there is NO CO-PAY. you get a new phone for free. one snag on this is that the one exception is that the Best Buy phone insurance does NOT cover lost or stolen devices, but it covers everything else. so, if you dont think your phone will get stolen (and honestly, who plans on that? lol) go with that IMHO.
    just food for thought ppl.
    --Tylonal
    Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.


    ----Zig Ziglar
  3. Senior Droid
    destinydmm's Avatar
    Member #
    32915
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    245
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (toro)
    Thaks for the info. Another question is there ay way to qualify for an early upgrade? About 6 months early?
  4. Droid
    heavyMGS's Avatar
    Member #
    11685
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    DX
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post
    Thaks for the info. Another question is there ay way to qualify for an early upgrade? About 6 months early?
    Nope. You have to have a line that has been on a calling plan of $34.99 or higher for 1 year or more to do and Annual/Early Upgrade.

    Adding a line is always an option.

    Or..if you happen to have a phone that gets lost/stolen/damaged and you DON'T have insurance, then there may be some options for you to get into a new phone @ 1 year pricing. It's a case by case basis depending on the exact situation, how long the line has had a phone, are there other lines eligible to upgrade, and so on and so forth.
  5. Junior Droid
    jon341427's Avatar
    Member #
    35285
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post
    I have 3 lines. One Droid & two Voyagers. But one of the lines (the primary) will be upgraded to a Droid. That line is on the connect plan, the other 2 (Droid & Voyager) are on the select. Will we have to change our plan when we add the new Droid?

    Also is there a way to get an early upgrade 6 months into your annual up?
    Any info on this question???
    no, you will not need to change the plan too much. however since smartphones like the Droid require UNLIMITED data, and the point of the connect plan is...well..data... it would be kinda pointless. so you can switch the remaining voyager so that it is the primary, and so that will be able to stay on the connect plan, and the other two phones will be on their $30 or $45 data plans.
    very knowledgable vzw rep checking in....

    some misinformation going on here. bc your primary line is on a connect plan (which is no longer offered), and you plan on switching it to a droid, you will have to change your plan and CAN NOT make the select voyager the primary line on the connect plan. you will have to drop the entire plan to select (which will drop bill by 20 dollars), then add 30 dollar droid internet to the new droid. this means that the remaining voyager will still recieve no internet. if the remaining voyager wants unlimited internet it will be an additional 30 dollars, or 10 dollars for 25 mbs of internet.
  6. Junior Droid
    jon341427's Avatar
    Member #
    35285
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by its.mike View Post
    I got my droid just over a week ago and was looking over the insurance options(would be a fool to pay $300 for a phone and not have insurance). Since I'm not the primary account holder would I be able to get the Asurion added myself or would the account holder?
    if you are on the account as a manager, you can do anything you want aside from 3 things.
    1: add or remove account managers
    2: change or remove password
    3: assume financial responsability for the account (perform an Assumption Of Liability)
    so, yes, if you are a manager on the account, you can add insurance to the phones, otherwise, you will need either the account owner or an acct mgr to do so.
    also, per policy you only have 30 days after purchasing the device to add insurance to that line. however technically it is possible to add it after that 30 day period, if the rep knows the policy, they will enforce it.

    on a separate note, if you purchased your phone from Best Buy (like i did), you have actually 3 insurance options instead of your basic two.
    the verizon insurance wich we all know about, and the Best Buy insurance. yes, the best buy one is a little bit more ($10 per month) HOWEVER if anything happens to the phone, there is NO CO-PAY. you get a new phone for free. one snag on this is that the one exception is that the Best Buy phone insurance does NOT cover lost or stolen devices, but it covers everything else. so, if you dont think your phone will get stolen (and honestly, who plans on that? lol) go with that IMHO.
    just food for thought ppl.
    --Tylonal
    the best buy insurance DOES NOT COVER EVERYTHING ELSE!!!! huge misconception here. the best buy insurance does not cover water damage. water damage is the number 1 reason why phones get switched through insurance. please research best buy insurance because a lot of people get screwed due to ignorance like this. (no offense tylonal i under you were just trying to help).

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyMGS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post
    Thaks for the info. Another question is there ay way to qualify for an early upgrade? About 6 months early?
    Nope. You have to have a line that has been on a calling plan of $34.99 or higher for 1 year or more to do and Annual/Early Upgrade.

    Adding a line is always an option.

    Or..if you happen to have a phone that gets lost/stolen/damaged and you DON'T have insurance, then there may be some options for you to get into a new phone @ 1 year pricing. It's a case by case basis depending on the exact situation, how long the line has had a phone, are there other lines eligible to upgrade, and so on and so forth.
    for an early upgrade you need to have a calling plan of 49.99 or higher for at least a year AND be signed up for myverizon. 35 dollar lines dont get early upgrades unless its a manager exception (not happening much unless you r adding 30 dollar data, or getting lots of accessories).
    Last edited by jon341427; 02-15-2010 at 10:48 PM.
  7. Droid
    heavyMGS's Avatar
    Member #
    11685
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    DX
    Quote Originally Posted by jon341427 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by its.mike View Post
    I got my droid just over a week ago and was looking over the insurance options(would be a fool to pay $300 for a phone and not have insurance). Since I'm not the primary account holder would I be able to get the Asurion added myself or would the account holder?
    if you are on the account as a manager, you can do anything you want aside from 3 things.
    1: add or remove account managers
    2: change or remove password
    3: assume financial responsability for the account (perform an Assumption Of Liability)
    so, yes, if you are a manager on the account, you can add insurance to the phones, otherwise, you will need either the account owner or an acct mgr to do so.
    also, per policy you only have 30 days after purchasing the device to add insurance to that line. however technically it is possible to add it after that 30 day period, if the rep knows the policy, they will enforce it.

    on a separate note, if you purchased your phone from Best Buy (like i did), you have actually 3 insurance options instead of your basic two.
    the verizon insurance wich we all know about, and the Best Buy insurance. yes, the best buy one is a little bit more ($10 per month) HOWEVER if anything happens to the phone, there is NO CO-PAY. you get a new phone for free. one snag on this is that the one exception is that the Best Buy phone insurance does NOT cover lost or stolen devices, but it covers everything else. so, if you dont think your phone will get stolen (and honestly, who plans on that? lol) go with that IMHO.
    just food for thought ppl.
    --Tylonal
    the best buy insurance DOES NOT COVER EVERYTHING ELSE!!!! huge misconception here. the best buy insurance does not cover water damage. water damage is the number 1 reason why phones get switched through insurance. please research best buy insurance because a lot of people get screwed due to ignorance like this. (no offense tylonal i under you were just trying to help).

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyMGS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post
    Thaks for the info. Another question is there ay way to qualify for an early upgrade? About 6 months early?
    Nope. You have to have a line that has been on a calling plan of $34.99 or higher for 1 year or more to do and Annual/Early Upgrade.

    Adding a line is always an option.

    Or..if you happen to have a phone that gets lost/stolen/damaged and you DON'T have insurance, then there may be some options for you to get into a new phone @ 1 year pricing. It's a case by case basis depending on the exact situation, how long the line has had a phone, are there other lines eligible to upgrade, and so on and so forth.
    for an early upgrade you need to have a calling plan of 49.99 or higher for at least a year AND be signed up for myverizon. 35 dollar lines dont get early upgrades unless its a manager exception (not happening much unless you r adding 30 dollar data, or getting lots of accessories).
    jon341427

    I disagree with you on the early upgrade policy. I'm going to double check tomorrow.
  8. Junior Droid
    jon341427's Avatar
    Member #
    35285
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyMGS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jon341427 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post

    if you are on the account as a manager, you can do anything you want aside from 3 things.
    1: add or remove account managers
    2: change or remove password
    3: assume financial responsability for the account (perform an Assumption Of Liability)
    so, yes, if you are a manager on the account, you can add insurance to the phones, otherwise, you will need either the account owner or an acct mgr to do so.
    also, per policy you only have 30 days after purchasing the device to add insurance to that line. however technically it is possible to add it after that 30 day period, if the rep knows the policy, they will enforce it.

    on a separate note, if you purchased your phone from Best Buy (like i did), you have actually 3 insurance options instead of your basic two.
    the verizon insurance wich we all know about, and the Best Buy insurance. yes, the best buy one is a little bit more ($10 per month) HOWEVER if anything happens to the phone, there is NO CO-PAY. you get a new phone for free. one snag on this is that the one exception is that the Best Buy phone insurance does NOT cover lost or stolen devices, but it covers everything else. so, if you dont think your phone will get stolen (and honestly, who plans on that? lol) go with that IMHO.
    just food for thought ppl.
    --Tylonal
    the best buy insurance DOES NOT COVER EVERYTHING ELSE!!!! huge misconception here. the best buy insurance does not cover water damage. water damage is the number 1 reason why phones get switched through insurance. please research best buy insurance because a lot of people get screwed due to ignorance like this. (no offense tylonal i under you were just trying to help).

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyMGS View Post

    Nope. You have to have a line that has been on a calling plan of $34.99 or higher for 1 year or more to do and Annual/Early Upgrade.

    Adding a line is always an option.

    Or..if you happen to have a phone that gets lost/stolen/damaged and you DON'T have insurance, then there may be some options for you to get into a new phone @ 1 year pricing. It's a case by case basis depending on the exact situation, how long the line has had a phone, are there other lines eligible to upgrade, and so on and so forth.
    for an early upgrade you need to have a calling plan of 49.99 or higher for at least a year AND be signed up for myverizon. 35 dollar lines dont get early upgrades unless its a manager exception (not happening much unless you r adding 30 dollar data, or getting lots of accessories).
    jon341427

    I disagree with you on the early upgrade policy. I'm going to double check tomorrow.
    fair enough, let me know what you come up with.
  9. Droid
    heavyMGS's Avatar
    Member #
    11685
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    DX
    jon341427

    Will do. I'm guessing by the way you were talking about accessories you work in a store don't you?

    No offense or anything, but I can tell.

    Could be wrong though
  10. Droid
    heavyMGS's Avatar
    Member #
    11685
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    DX
    Quote Originally Posted by jon341427 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tylonal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destinydmm View Post

    Any info on this question???
    no, you will not need to change the plan too much. however since smartphones like the Droid require UNLIMITED data, and the point of the connect plan is...well..data... it would be kinda pointless. so you can switch the remaining voyager so that it is the primary, and so that will be able to stay on the connect plan, and the other two phones will be on their $30 or $45 data plans.
    very knowledgable vzw rep checking in....

    some misinformation going on here. bc your primary line is on a connect plan (which is no longer offered), and you plan on switching it to a droid, you will have to change your plan and CAN NOT make the select voyager the primary line on the connect plan. you will have to drop the entire plan to select (which will drop bill by 20 dollars), then add 30 dollar droid internet to the new droid. this means that the remaining voyager will still recieve no internet. if the remaining voyager wants unlimited internet it will be an additional 30 dollars, or 10 dollars for 25 mbs of internet.
    Why couldn't this person order the Droid for the Primary line, leave the calling plan alone and when they get the Droid, accept the T and C but at the end of the IVR choose activate later.

    Then...do an ESN swap with the 2 Voyagers. Then do another ESN change for the Voyager that was the Primary line and now a Secondary line to the Droid.

    Thus resulting the Primary being the Voyager on the Connect Pimary and then the 2 Droids being on Select Secondary's.

    That should work.

    But might not be worth it. I will do the math tomorrow.

    I've done ESN changes inside of Connect Plans w/no problems between 2 non-smart phone devices since the calling plan changes.

    It is getting a little confusing these days
Page 16 of 139 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New Moto Droid user. General questions.
    By IggyBcool in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM
  2. General Questions
    By rjenk in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
  3. Just a few general questions
    By Feanux in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
  4. some general questions after a week
    By Jack in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
  5. A Few General Questions ... Please Help!
    By scher215 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 09:20 AM

Search tags for this page

888-832-4540

,

888-844-7095

,

nationwide business talk 200

,
nationwide business talk 200 verizon
,

nationwide for business talk 200 share

,

nationwide for business talk shareplan 200

,
verizon announcement 1 switch 189-101
,

verizon nationwide business talk 200

,
verizon nationwide business talk 200 share
,
verizon nationwide for business talk shareplan 200
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+